Sign in to follow this  
Ckrauslo

Is the GTX 660 SC 3gb a good GPU?

Does it really matter?

Even with a 780 Ti or Titan you'll have 25-30fps in big towns during combat with AI and 2-4 squads. So yeah, it's good enough.

depends on alot of things including your CPU, its not just about how good you GPU is

either way yes, thats a good all round GPU

Does it really matter?

Even with a 780 Ti or Titan you'll have 25-30fps in big towns during combat with AI and 2-4 squads. So yeah, it's good enough.

Makes all difference, 25-30 i consider good fps even more with high graphics..in a combat in towns that have to generate a lot of things at the same time...but i find funny Jester videos on youtube, with an i5 and a 770 he gets more than that, online with high graphics during combat in cities...thanks

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

depends on alot of things including your CPU, its not just about how good you GPU is

either way yes, thats a good all round GPU

A friend told me its a excelent gpu for other games...but for games that lack optimization like arma would be good

YouTube videos are capped 30FPS. Also when you view a video it doesn't feel the same as when you play a game. For example, Cinema movies are capped at 24FPS but they feel smooth nonetheless!

I have an i5 and 770 too. What I find extremely bizarre is that there is absolutely no difference if I am recording or not, the FPS still goes down to 25-30FPS. This highly suggests that the performance drop isn't caused by my computer's hardware but by something that is wrong with the game's code.

With my previous pc i already had fps higher than this....and i don't care to much, as long as maintain over 21 fps during combats with medium high graphics i find unecessary 110 fps as a lot of people ask, human eye can not see that amount

You need a good cpu. ARMA games with the fastest quad core cpu you can buy or overclock would help you so much. The next thing is to the game onto a SSD to improve the game content loading.

Well i'm going with a i5, it's already to expensive here...my computer will be around 4000 reais, around 1788 USD or 1295, and when you buy similar computer out there is more cheap

you could have a super computer and struggle to play this game at times, for me its similar to minecraft that i play alot, i know ppl who play that game and have a titan card and struggle at times,

think its got to the point where company's are struggling to write code that fits in with the power of current components, or perhaps us consumers are asking too much nowadays