Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

This addon adds the following factions to Arma 3:

Syrian Arab Army (OPFOR)

Hezbollah (OPFOR)

A Generic Middle Eastern army (OPFOR)

Middle East Irregulars (al Qaida, etc) (BLUFOR/INDEP/OPFOR)

Quds Force (OPFOR)

Western Black Ops (BLUFOR)

Hamas (OPFOR)

Taliban (INDEP)

Islamic State (INDEP)

Boko Haram (INDEP)

Generic African Military (OPFOR)

Generic African Irregulars (INDEP)

Generic South East Asian Irregulars (INDEP)

Middle Eastern civilians

It replaces (and renders obsolete) my previous mods Middle East Irregulars and Syrian Arab Army.

Version 020

Factions use Reyhard's Static East Weapons, T-72, BMP-1 and BMP-2, T-55 and Shilka. They also use Chairborne's Mi24.

Syrian Arab Army:

saa1.jpg

Hezbollah:

Hez.jpg

Quds Force:

Quds.jpg

Islamic State:

MEC_IS.jpg

Taliban:

MEC_Taliban.jpg

Boko Haram:

MEC_Boko_Haram.jpg

ME Irregulars:

MEC_Irregulars.jpg

Hamas:

MEC_Hamas.jpg

Generic African Military:

MEC_African_Military.jpg

Generic African Irregulars:

MEC_African_Irregulars.jpg

Requirements:

Community Upgrade Project Weapon Pack

Reyhard's Static East Weapons pack AND Reyhard's Tank Pack

Chairborne's Mil Mi-24 Hind Port

Optional but recommended (will provide more variety to headgear and uniforms)

iNTERBRED's Tactical Beards (gives beards to the Taliban)

Massi's African Conflict

Cunico's Hidden Identity Pack v1

Marve_TX's Iraqi Warfare Mod

NikolaiSergeyev's Niko's Uniform Megapack

Teriyaki's TRYK Uniforms

Credits

Textures: Chops

Config: Drongo

Config assistance: Sudden

All weapons are from Massi's weapons mod.

All statics and vehicles are from Reyhard and Chairborne's mods.

Dishdashas and Pakols: BIS

Faction names:

MEC_BokoHaram
MEC_Civilians
MEC_GAI (Generic African Irregulars)
MEC_GAM (Generic African Military)
MEC_GME (Generic Middle East)
MEC_Hamas
MEC_Hezbollah
MEC_IrregularsI
MEC_IrregularsB
MEC_IrregularsO
MEC_IS (Islamic State)
MEC_QudsForce
MEC_SAA (Syrian Arab Army)
MEC_Taliban
MEC_WBO (Western Black Ops)
MEC_GSI (Generic South East Asian Irregulars

Edited by Drongo69
  • Like 2

Great to see a bundle pack. Thanks Drongo.

If i have all thses already in single mods is there any point to redownload the bundle?

I would suggest downloading this pack. It features units that weren't in the old packs (Quds Force, Black Ops, better Hezbollah), as well as some bugfixes and improvements. I won't be supporting the SAA or ME Irregular addons any more.

Got it! Hezbolla look great just saw the pic.

Is the two new factions in there by chance independant or better yet,blufor? Im hoping to face SAA against the (western) FSA type terrorists.

I just updated the first post with a pic of the ME Irregulars. They are available on BLUFOR, INDEP and OPFOR and serve the role of Al Qaida, FSA, etc quite well.

Looks pretty spot on.

For Hezbollah, you should vary the baklava with green and black versions, and if possible, add the headbands to some units.

For the Irregulars, needs bushy beard and some mixed western looking faces (Chechen, etc...).

Otherwise, fairly accurate set of current event players.

So many options.

Best faction groups mod to date.

Will test those ireegulars out too,thanks again

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Would just like to add a couple things,

Some of the SAA are spawning in underwear for me.

And is the quds force supposed to sound american-ish? I only ask because some of my other mod faction voices got conflicts and wanna make sure yours isnt affected.

Also some headbands for Hezbolla sounds good.Variety is great!

First post updated with version 011. Changes:

• Fixed a bug with the SAA random uniform script.

@redarmy

On my machine the Quds Force guys are speaking Persian. Are you using All In Arma?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod or update v0.1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mec.png

@ Drongo69;

added the predecessor mods as aliases to this one.

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Great pack Drongo!

Especially the bonus units Quds Force & Western Black Ops..

makes me wish for more insurgent old school type vehicles.

It would be cool if you could do like these unit style in this picture --->http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Battlefield-4-Campaign-and-Character-info-detailed-Clayton-Pakowski-Pac.jpg i know it is from BF4 but it would be cool if you would do some units looking like that but you could maybe have some variant camos and gears :) http://www.xboxoneforums.net/forum/members/5-albums1-picture120.JPG with M4's and 249's...maybe some HK's :) would be cool haha, you don't have to if you don't feel like it.

First post updated with version 011. Changes:

• Fixed a bug with the SAA random uniform script.

@redarmy

On my machine the Quds Force guys are speaking Persian. Are you using All In Arma?

Ah that must be it.No i am not using AIA. No problem anyway,thanks for the SAA uniform fix

There seems to be a bug when using Western Black Ops in my ZEUS multiplayer mission. Whenever one of my players spawns as a Black Ops trooper he has no cloths on except for the vest and sometimes he spawns without arms or legs. Respawning with a new loadout or wearing new gear fixes the problem. I also notice that in multiplayer (or at least in my MP mission), the Black Ops units tend to have FIA gear and I don't notice any of your custom pieces of clothing at all. The custom weapons don't seem to be affected though.

I just checked the random gear script for the Black Ops and there is a bug. I'll try to get a fixed version out in the next day or so. As for the FIA gear, that is all that they get for now. I have asked Chops to add do some custom textures, but he is a busy man. If anyone else out there wants to donate textures, you will be given full credit for your work.

Another possibility would be to add another optional requirement for improved diversity of Black Op gear.

Drongo.. Had some issues spawning the GEM.

Alive didn't seem to like the config and spawns CSAT instead - which is I think ALiVE's way of saying "Derp"

Are they configured the same way as the SAA Hezbollah etc ?

Cheers

SJ

The config is basically a copy-paste of SAA with a search and replace of SAA to GME. Can you post your mission?

Oh ? Weird... Ok well I'm going to test again anyway using ALiVE and Zeus, as I couldn't get the new ZEUS mode to work, so I can use GEM as my faction for that test.

If that fails... I will forward to you.

The main mission I tried it on (3cb RESHMAAN | ALiVE) would do your head in as it's so convoluted now it's not the best control for testing... I.e. LOADs of other mods and scripts on it too.

Will feedback asap.

SJ

add Buzzard with retexture please our port l-39za

First post updated with version 012. Changes:

• Added enableSentences false and enableRadio false commands to the random gear scripts to cut down on (but not eliminate) "No ammo" spam
  • Added the hiddenSelectionsTextures line to the WBO base class to prevent invisible models from spawning
  • Renamed DR Irregulars to ME Irregulars

Please report any bugs, especially regarding the AI reporting. The way it works at the moment is that any AI unit present in the first ten seconds of the mission will be silenced for ten seconds. After this time, they will be able to speak again. Players still seem to report "no ammo", as will AI units spawned in after ten seconds.

Thank you for making this, Drongo, it has added some modern factions that ArmA 3 was really missing.