Sign in to follow this  
colinm9991

"Bad Serial Number Given" - Steam

I purchased ArmA 2 & DLC from store.bistudio.com, I purchased ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in a retail store, all games were purchased between 2010-2011.

I activated the keys on Steam today due to the Gamespy shutdown. ArmA 2 loads fine but when I try to launch Operation Arrowhead I get the famous "Bad Serial Number" error.

I've already done the Registry trick along with the "Run As Administrator" but to no avail.

--Update--

After checking steam and the BIStudio store again I have figured out that "Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic" is not or does not say "Steam" on it, Steam is also using that as the ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead Key as when I activated ACR AFTER my retail physical copy of OA, it said the ACR key is OA + ACR DLC.

Edited by ColinM9991

Bump. Any ideas? Steam doesn't allow one to "deactivate" or "delete" games from their account so I can't purchase any copy of ArmA 2 on my Steam account (I don't fancy making another steam account just for ArmA 2).

did you launch the game via Shortcut or Steam?

the error was usually if you launched a steam version wich wasn't launched by steam in Administrator mode once...

did you launch the game via Shortcut or Steam?

the error was usually if you launched a steam version wich wasn't launched by steam in Administrator mode once...

All launched via Steam with Administrative privileges on. I believe it's just the fact that Operation Arrowhead is using the ACR key, and the actual ACR key in the OA DLC is a key I've never seen before.