Sign in to follow this  
Mladja-ArmASerbia

Dedicated Server Hardware Question

Hello there,

My team mates and I want to host dedicated ArmA III server, and we need some help with hardware. Server will be for 10-20 players.

What do you think about these hardware:

CPU: C2D E8500 OC ~3.6-3.8 GHz

MBO: G41 chipset/ddr3 1333/sata2

GPU: Intel x4500 integrated

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB 16mb buffer or similar

DL/UP: 27/13mb/s

We play mostly (small)co-op missions with 10-15 player and not more than 50-60 AIs on map, without any large scripts that have heavy impact on performance.

Thanks in advnace.

Regards,

Mladja.

I should really worry about the cpu and internet connection speed.

And if I am correct, you want to host your own server without renting one?

If so, you need to have a lot of knowledge of hardware and software if something goes wrong.

But I still want to help you: make sure the cpu is a strong piece of tech and not a dual core.

I should rather think of a good Xeon to run ArmA3 with. Memory amount isnt that important really, just make sure it's at least 4gb to give it enough head-room if needed. A3 also seems to use a lot of bandwith so a dedicated connection that is not being used by anything else other than the server would be optimal. You should be safe with at least 50Mb/s. Speed does not say it all though. Stability and reliability is also very important.

Hope this helped.

Yes, our own, community server, so it will be locked/password for public. There will be no more than 10 player, 15 is maximum.

We changed our plan, we are looking for quad-core now, first is fx4130, 4gb ram and mobo with integradet gpu.

We have guy in our team that have a lot of knowledge about hardware and software.

Dont know about connectiont, but we already tested in lan and its worked ok with 7 player. So i dont know is there big difference between lan and dedicated server.

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Ok perfect! Sounds good. Good luck!