Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Prevent AI from speaking

In my ME Irregulars addon I remove all magazines from a unit temporarily, add a new uniform and vest and then replace all mags. This causes the AI to report "out of ammo", even though the magazines are quickly replaced.

Is there any way to prevent AI from saying anything, then re-enabling speech?

"Out of ammo" or "low on ammo" seems to be a hardcoded function in ArmA. Try searching the wiki for a function that gives you what you want. If you can't find it, try to find another way of achieving your goal if you didn't already.

enableSentences false;

enableRadio false;

in init.sqf not sure if it helps for the out of ammo thingie...

Edited by Vasilyevich

Thanks for the responses guys. I want to do this at the script level. In SP at least, the commands provided by Vasilyevich should do the trick.

The problem I had with "enableSentences false;" is that it would stop the enemy Ai from talking as well - so it takes away some of the ambience when they are around a corner or behind a wall talking and you can hear them. Other than that though it does stop the annoying chatter from friendly Ai and players.

I use it in a script run on each unit and set "enableSentences true" a few seconds after the script is done. It also is only applied if (time < 10), so units that are spawned by script later in the mission will still complain about no ammo. But at least this should stop the player's entire squad making the annoying reports at the start of the mission.