n_icomach

Enhanced User Suppression System -WIP-

Enhanced User Suppression System

EUSS enhances ArmA 3 with suppression and other effects that work against the player to provide a more immersive and tense atmosphere. Along with suppression effect from bullets explosions will now cause an optional ear ring. Ear ring is in alpha state while rest of effects are in beta.

V0.4 Beta Download

Current features-

Player suppression as he is being engaged

Layers of suppression

Camera shake while firing vehicle weapons simulating concusion/recoil

Ringing effect due to explosions - Alpha State

Current Focus-

Adjusting Suppression effects

Adding Color distortion while suppressed.

Ringing effect due to explosions

Future Focus-

Allow Screen shake depending on caliber of weapon shot

Add dirt effects for nearby explosions

Add concussion effects for heavy ordinance. Tanks shooting for example.

Add Sound effects as you are suppressed

Requirements:

CBA

Before: http://i.imgur.com/I0A7E27.jpg (122 kB)

After: http://i.imgur.com/KUTI7oq.jpg

Special Thanks -

X39

Mikey74

Souza

Upp3r

MarineSharp

flyinpenguin

Apouh

72nd Airborne for testing

Changelog:

v0.4

-Decreased time it takes for suppression to wear off

-Added @EUSS_No_Weapon_Shake for those who dont want to have weapons shake while shooting.

v0.3

-Adjusted CamShake with latest ArmA 3 update

-Increased maximum suppression variable

V0.2

-Re-Enabled Ear ring

-Added UserConfig

-Enabled Grenades for ear ring

-Adjusted Suppression effects

-Fixed Multiplayer Ear Ring

V0.1 Hotfix

-Disabled Ringing for now

-Adjusted suppression levels

V0.1 Beta

-Official Push into BETA

-Tweaked Sensitivity of bullet detection

-Added Black and white fitler for when suppressed heavily.

-Added Ringing and Sound distortion when "EH_Explosion" is triggered

V0.03 Alpha

-Fixed wheeled APC's from having weapon shake when firing

-Adjusted camera shake sensitivity on vehicles weapons

-Adjusted sensitivty of suppression and camera shake on player

-Adjusted radius of bullet check

-Added Suppression levels

-Added different "Tiers" of blur

-Complete re-write of Camshake and Blur

V0.02 Alpha

-Decreased camera shake sensitivity on vehicles weapons

-Fixed tanks and aircraft being effected by camera shake

-Increased chance of suppression effects

V0.01 Alpha

-First public release

Edited by N_Icomach
V0.4 Beta Release

coolness Looking forward to seeing this!!!! Let me know if ya need any help. :)

Love it! Always thought there should be something like this in Arma.

Cool idea!

You could also add darkened contour (a bit like the screen effect added when you Remote Control units with Zeus but that would go worse and worse as bullets pass near you) to simulate effect of stress on vision, which results in "tunnel vision".

Great idea for concussion. Consider adding it also to portable "heavy" weapons such as rocket launchers, RPGs and the like. IRL, when you shot those, you're "shaken" for 1-2 seconds.

Cool idea!

You could also add darkened contour (a bit like the screen effect added when you Remote Control units with Zeus but that would go worse and worse as bullets pass near you) to simulate effect of stress on vision, which results in "tunnel vision".

Great idea for concussion. Consider adding it also to portable "heavy" weapons such as rocket launchers, RPGs and the like. IRL, when you shot those, you're "shaken" for 1-2 seconds.

There is already plans to add color distortion as you progressively get suppressed (not working at the moment) this is my first mod and may take awhile to get to where I want it. I hope to have a playable version within a week even if its early alpha.

In my opinion, your own will to (virtually) live should be enough to force you to take cover, but I can definitely see where this could be useful in closer quarters combat. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

In my opinion, your own will to (virtually) live should be enough to force you to take cover, but I can definitely see where this could be useful in closer quarters combat. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Just trying to improve the virtual experience!

New mod v0.1 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@euss.png

@ N_Icomach ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you very much for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

how did i not notice this? very cool. Suppression is so key to an immersive approach especially in a very safe (for the player) environment.

how did i not notice this? very cool. Suppression is so key to an immersive approach especially in a very safe (for the player) environment.

Glad you like it, it will only get better in time.

New release is out!

V0.02 Alpha

-Decreased camera shake sensitivity on vehicles weapons

-Fixed tanks and aircraft being effected by camera shake

-Increased chance of suppression effects

This may still affect some APC's or custom mods. If you have a certain class name it isnt working on please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

One issue here, at the moment this would appear to be a voluntary clientside addon, meaning you don't have to add it to play on a mission, making this a little redundant.

I would add a gamelogic into your config, then a mission dev can add that to a mission, creating addon dependancy and forcing players to have it

One issue here, at the moment this would appear to be a voluntary clientside addon, meaning you don't have to add it to play on a mission, making this a little redundant.

I would add a gamelogic into your config, then a mission dev can add that to a mission, creating addon dependancy and forcing players to have it

Thanks for the tip, I'll look more into that.

IMO the radial blur is too strong or it needs something else along with it or softening a bit, also it switches out of the blur to quickly and doesn't feel natural, i personally prefer the whitening/blackening for these suppression type effects, actually I'm also playing around with LHMs glasses mod and I'm liking the whole screen effect feedback, it really works well if done right.

IMO the radial blur is too strong or it needs something else along with it or softening a bit, also it switches out of the blur to quickly and doesn't feel natural, i personally prefer the whitening/blackening for these suppression type effects, actually I'm also playing around with LHMs glasses mod and I'm liking the whole screen effect feedback, it really works well if done right.

I am working on different "levels" of suppression as I type this. It will add color distortion and blur gradually and look more natural. I hope to have a working version with multiple types

Levels by the end of the week.

Sorry man I probably sounded all whiney, looking forward to the updates, I like this mod :)

Sorry man I probably sounded all whiney, looking forward to the updates, I like this mod :)

Not a problem, glad you enjoy it! If you find any bugs feel free to let me know along with any suggestions.

Hey guys,

Ive been working on the newest update. I apologize its taken me so long, I keep running into some unexpected issues. With this next release ill have the first version of the multi-staged suppression working. Hopefully within the next couple days itll be released.

Finnaly got the newest update released. Changelogs as follows

V0.03 Alpha

-Fixed wheeled APC's from having weapon shake when firing

-Adjusted camera shake sensitivity on vehicles weapons

-Adjusted sensitivty of suppression and camera shake on player

-Adjusted radius of bullet check

-Added Suppression levels

-Added different "Tiers" of blur

-Complete re-write of Camshake and Blur

We are having a blast with this addon - it really adds to the immersion. thank you N_Icomach for your hard work :)

We are having a blast with this addon - it really adds to the immersion. thank you N_Icomach for your hard work :)

Im glad you enjoy it! dont hesitate to give me some feedback if you feel something needs to be adjusted.