Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Total WipeOut (airforce) SP & Coop4

Total_wipeout.jpg

Island: Altis.

No addons needed.

Version 1.17

Total WipeOut is the final concept of several previous released 'WipeOut' missions combined into one final mission.

This mission is a dynamic full map mission with persistent AI.

It is basically a big sandbox mission where your only objective is to take out ground targets while dodging AAA and HMG fire and evade (or dogfight) hostile jets.

Mission Description:

The Iranians have concoured Altis a few days ago and are now in complete control over the Island. NATO has just recaptured the main airfield and have setup base there.

You are one of the top gun pilots of NATO and you are assigned to the airfield to take out vital locations on Altis so that ground troops can move in and suppress the Iranians.

Features:

- Dynamic airfield with Jets landing and taking off and with AI air/ground patrols guarding the airfield.

- Dogfight chance

- Variaty of (guarded) ground targets

- Random opfor patrols between locations

- Scripted Service points on the base

- Custom music intro

- Auto rearm and refuel for some of the opfor AI

- Choose your camo. (retexture the Buzzard with 5 different camo prints)

- Training jets location.

- Set your viewdistance to 25k at the service point.. if your rig can handle it (keep your object distance below 6k)

- Service point works with all avaialble jets in the game.

- Recruit AI pilots

- Video outro

- AI cache

- Respawn (base)

Notes

Currently you are able to cheat at the service point and load more ammo/flares then normal, I may change that at a later time.

Even though you can fly the Blackfoots I suggest to not use them at the start of the mission when there is a lot of AAA and air patrols on the map.

The pilot leader is the only one that can trigger the mission ending by landing at the marked location after having destroyed all targets.

AI recruiting does not work anymore after a respawn.

Armaholic mirror:

-

Edited by B00tsy

Hey,

some questions here:

- where is the service point to reduce view distance? FPS are very low, this is not playable.

- do you have cleanup scripts running? i didnt notice them, some ai crashed on the runway, not possible to use this one anymore. Would be better to remove the destroyed targets as well around the map or make them inactive.

- why training jets?

- are there any (real) active units on the map? E.g. i destroy one target after another and dont have to fear any counterattack or s.t. like that? Its like clay-pigeon shooting.

- 200 ai directly spawnt on mission starting isnt that good. client fps is low. perhaps spawn only ai units when player is =< 5-6 km around it? Or try to move AI to Headless Client (optional), we want to use HC as often as possible. On HC you can spawn 350 AI without any problem.

- feeling in the base is good but that is one point why the fps isnt that good. ~20 choppers, ~20 tanks, ~20 other vehicles, ~8 jets, 5 friendy air units active around the base, some infantrie patrols, i thing this is a bit too much. I dont want playing with "camo" color of the jet around, i need better fps ;)

- why weapon, grenade boxes around? I only need parachute, task force radio and a GPS for my jet.

- for service why not using this one? Its great! ;) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19735

Hi Numrollen, as the mission states it is a dynamic full map mission with persistent AI. Meaning that you will have a lower fps then playing a smaller mission with some spawning AI. The way this mission plays out it is not possible to create with spawning AI. Well in theory it's possible, but that would be a huge amount of work to get the same gameplay (it's not as simple as adding some spawning AI through a script), I already spend much time and effort in it.

The mission is pretty optimized already and contains minimal amount of AI (and waypoints) for a map wide mission (unpbo and see for yourself). AI attacking the airbase and even crashing on the runway is part of the dynamic mission, shit happens in this mission. You don't get 'çounter attacks', but you will get attacked anywhere on the map and the base will get attacked as well. There are a lot of (guarded) static targets if that what you mean with 'clay pigeons', but it also has some moving targets like a convoy and a tank platoon.

I do not have a garbage collector running, it would not make that much difference really, the lower fps is due to AI pathing and nothing else. I have added AI cache module, but that module does not do much other then unrender AI and objects, it will not disable pathing of unrendered AI (maybe BIS can work on that). The defualt view distance is 6k, which is a good default distance for air missions (lock range depends on view distance). Also a bit of empty decorations and vehicles on the base does not dip the fps much/noticeably. The few ammo boxes on the base is just as extra, it's a sandbox mission so if you want to change gear you can, it's all up to the player. And I scripted (wip) my own service points, because thats how I learn and get better at scripting, instead of relying on other peoples work.

You can always play this mission in SP which will give you better fps, or in coop deal with it and kill some AI which will increase the fps over time :) The low fps is mainly in the beginning of the mission.

And remember, in the end it is not my fault that Altis can't handle a bit of AI on the 270²km map, I've been minimalistic as it is with the AI. My 'Morning Wipeout' mission from ArmA 2 contains double amount of AI and waypoints and a heavy decorated base yet with better fps, so amra 3 made AI even more resource heavy (it seems).

Anyway, this is how I made the mission and it will stay this way with persistent AI. I may add garbage collecting to see if it makes any difference, but my bet is that it does not matter.

Thx for the feedback. So view distance changing is not possible? Hmm i got it wrong then with : Set your viewdistance to 25k at the service point. ?

Thx for the feedback. So view distance changing is not possible? Hmm i got it wrong then with : Set your viewdistance to 25k at the service point. ?

Minimum/default distance is 6k. You can set it to 25k if you want at the service point, and back to 6k. You can set object distance manually to any distance.

This a great mission. Lots of fun. It has been broken by the latest A3 update though. The old static object error asking you to open the game in editor and re-save it. Planning on 1.18 soon?

Cheers Sapper! I haven't noticed that the update broke it, I will have a look and update it here and on the workshop :)

Edit: I just checked the mission with the 1.18 version and I get no errors or anything, tried in SP and MP.

Edited by B00tsy