Sign in to follow this  
rakowozz

skipTime & Time of Day Sync

Hey.

So, I'm probably going against the masses here. I want to use skipTime on a client and have the weather/daytime NOT synchronize with the server. There would be a few uses to that: one that comes to mind is a time-lapse for a specific client, or group of clients, that can't happen to other clients or the server. In other words, I guess I need it to work as it was local again.

Tricky, I suppose, since I believe since version 1.14 time syncs every few seconds with the server.

Great thing this command is even JIP enabled now, but it sort of broke a few effects I had going :p

Any suggestions, I'd be quite thankful!

if you skiptime a few seconds after mission start only on the clients you need to eg

sleep 5,

skiptime .....

that will most likely work.

No luck...

Server will now impose its time on all clients, no matter if you use skipTime or setDate.

You simply can't do what you want. And this makes perfect sense. You can imagine the problems that could arise from having one group of players on a server been in a different time to others.

You seem to want to do this for mostly aesthetic reason, so you're going to have to rework the way this is presented to players or ditch it altogether.

It's good that skipTime is designed to now run solely on the server when in multiplayer and that it automatically syncs to clients. I expect that you can understand and accept this?

It's frustrating when you as a content generator exploits a bug or some other failing in the game to create something cool which then is later fixed, but it's progress. :)

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel :)

I'm working on a concept of simultaneous objectives, in different areas, for different players. But of course the benefits of having time 100% synchronized are far superior!