Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Armory missing?

What happened to the Armory feature where we can try out any weapon, equipment, or vehicle with assigned missions created on-the-fly? I miss this a lot, and really wonder why it's gone. It was great fun to just load into the world with anything you wanted, then play out random scenarios.

I can't shake the feeling ArmA 3 has less features than previous games. :(

Armory is for lazy people. Go into the editor and put every bloody thing you want on the map :)

But the editor takes all the fun out of it! If I know how many and what type of units will be in the mission it takes the surprise out of the missions. Where'd the dynamic editor modules go from Operation Arrowhead?

Well, if you want surprise then browse the Steam Workshop for missions that are similar to the Armory.

I think there are.

To this day, still spend more time in 'Proving Ground' than anywhere:

http://code.google.com/p/armaserp/downloads/detail?name=Proving_ground_a3_v2.zip

On the tarmac at Stratis AF.

It has a great UI.

Here's the original post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149086-Proving-Ground-for-ArmA-3&highlight=Proving+Ground

D/L link is still there.

Edited by Ratszo

Armory is for lazy people. Go into the editor and put every bloody thing you want on the map :)

No I'm with juggernaut on this one. I actually enjoyed playing around in the armory and going on little random missions. I was sad to see it not make it into a3. Also when configured properly on user terrains it was added fun there as well.

ArmeX was the best! Being able to pick whatever vehicle you wanted and go on autogenerated missions was the bomb, and then BI would hardly have to produce any vanilla missions! It was like all the showcase missions, except you could literally test out everything.

Yeah exactly. Too bad there's no "dynamic" capability in A3 implemented by BIS. Everything is now heavily scripted and coded. Gone are the days of SecOps with Ambient Combat modules working together to create great dynamic side objectives anywhere anytime and rewarding you with support. So much fun.