Sign in to follow this  
cowboy124aa

Mars outpost building

I have found a few issues with the base modular section, one some of the pictures are wrong on the 3d printer.

1. the full length corner window on the printer makes a u shaped window i think its called the airlock window

2. the other airlock with the bubble. i think is wrong it wont match up to anything when placing it, it places it 2 feet away from the object

3. the Base platform is not what is shown in the picture. the picture shows the full base with the panels in place and the edge around it, but it prints a frame skeleton

4. cant not figure out how to attach doors and hatches to the airlock door frames nothing matches up

5. can not figure out how to match up the airlock glass and panel sections to anything

6. would also like to see the full length corner windows like on the building in isidis base manned mission

7. would like to be able to make skylights also, maybe a bubble canopy for the roof section

8. also window section made on the printer are not see thru, it looks like someone painted them white when u look thru them

9. a four panel floor piece makes the 90 degree corner section

10. not sure what the door frame without the floor panel is used for, and i believe that the printer menu picture is wrong for that part

Also wanted to mention that i found it very difficult to use the support poles when placing them in the ground. and the poles that are made on the printer are not the same as the ones u have laying on the ground, i would like to be able to use both types of poles.

One other minor thing i wanted to mention is that on the large rover and the medium rover the wheels tend to break off to easily in the game, even with our technology today, i don't think that the wheels would break off that easily. i suggest turning down the damage of the wheels about 10 to 20 percent it would make for a more realistic interpretation of the high tensile strength of our metals. Case in point i had a large rover delivered about 3 meters off the ground and it bounced when it landed and i drove 1 meter and drove over a small rock and the wheel broke off, and i mean the rock was very small and should have not affected the wheels at all. i could see them breaking off with wear over time that would sound more reasonable to me.

I know you guys are still working on allot of the stuff for the game, but i thought i would bring it up to you if you were not aware of some of the issues

Keep up the great work guys, i love the base building option, just needs a few minor improvements.

Edited by cowboy124aa

Hi cowboy124aa, cheers for the report. The 3D printer is very WIP at the moment, so expect a lot of changes for the better in that regard. The poles, for example, are unpleasant to place at the moment, and this will be fixed in the future. The images not corresponding to the item is again a result of work in progress.

I agree with you in terms of the rover wheels, and this will be further tweaked in the near future.

Sorry if it has be asked already, but eventually is the human exploration side meant to make its way into the campaign?

Sorry if it has be asked already, but eventually is the human exploration side meant to make its way into the campaign?

Yes, iirc it's going to be the "part 2" of the campaign. After you meet the right conditions with rover exploration and research, then you'll be able to go to manned exploration.

There should be an achievement for tracking down and making manned contact with the first probe you landed on Mars.

Excellent many thanks.

Hi cowboy124aa, cheers for the report. The 3D printer is very WIP at the moment, so expect a lot of changes for the better in that regard. The poles, for example, are unpleasant to place at the moment, and this will be fixed in the future. The images not corresponding to the item is again a result of work in progress.

I agree with you in terms of the rover wheels, and this will be further tweaked in the near future.

Many thanks Dram, I know a lot of the stuff is going to be stuff that you are working on. Thumbs up to the great work you are doing!