Sign in to follow this  
SHARPxSHOOTER

UAV Loiter diameter/distance?

Im working on a mission where I have a drone come and circle a city and provide air-ground view for the spec-ops team. How can I make the drone circle the waypointed area at a certain distance. Its currently flying at a constant 1.5km (1500m) altitude but its circling the area too close (diameter/distance wise) and its annoying and keeps shaking and waving left and right and too much of a top down view.

Is there a way to make it circle at a certain diameter/distance from the area and at a certain speed?

I am also using this code to keep the UAV at that altitude.

this setposATL [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,1500];this flyInHeight 1500

Heres a screenshot of its path.

http://i.imgur.com/HeqXnSZ.png (4575 kB)

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure myself, I did a little test but couldn't get it to work but this may.

Usually you need to make a group

grpAir = group this

[grpAir, 2] setWaypointLoiterRadius 200;

placed in the planes init

find the number of the loiterwaypoint and change the 2 to match that number.

I wouldn't have it as the first waypoint.

I was searching for something like this yesterday. I just copied all the code and it works. :)

Yeah I wish the loiter waypoint would come with two little tabs....Altitude and Radius Distance from point. Set Altitude at 1000m and Set Radius Distance from waypoint to...1000m as well. From there the UAV will orbit using ONLY IT's RUDDER. .....I'm sure someone put this in the UAV Wishlist already...

Found this, as im looking to do the same - but my problem is to set it to a certain loiter path and stick to said height - as even when i use FlyinheightASL 1500 on the waypoint before it - which makes it fly at 1500m flat - it nosedives downto like 50 meters once it reaches the loiter waypoint. 

What i have discovered however, is that a waypoints completion radios = the loiter radius of a UAV when using waypoints in the editor. But, in short - it seemingly "never" reaches the loiter waypoint, as it starts circling around it as it should, but at the same time - not activating the "on activation" code of said waypoint, thus not setting the flyinheighASL altitude :/

Anyone found a resonable and "failsafe" solution for this yet?

13 minutes ago, Ulfgaar said:

Found this, as im looking to do the same - but my problem is to set it to a certain loiter path and stick to said height - as even when i use FlyinheightASL 1500 on the waypoint before it - which makes it fly at 1500m flat - it nosedives downto like 50 meters once it reaches the loiter waypoint. 

What i have discovered however, is that a waypoints completion radios = the loiter radius of a UAV when using waypoints in the editor. But, in short - it seemingly "never" reaches the loiter waypoint, as it starts circling around it as it should, but at the same time - not activating the "on activation" code of said waypoint, thus not setting the flyinheighASL altitude :/

Anyone found a resonable and "failsafe" solution for this yet?

Are you using scripts or the waypoints in the editor? In the editor place a loiter way point, close it then reopen it, scroll the bottom of the loiter waypoint, there is loiter radius and loiter Z (height) as well as which way it circles left or right. Scripts can do this as well except for loiter height from what i can find that would need to be set via flyinheight command. It will never reach the waypoint in loiter you need a trigger or activate it via script which will complete the wp and the UAV/Aircraft will move to next wp.