Curator Presets Mod

This is an addon for Arma 3 that provides script presets in Zeus (aka Curator) mode in the Modules screen. This mod is very simple but very useful now that Zeus has been released to Stable. I needed a way to run scripts on objects but not have to give debug console access both in the mission and to users in general. As a result I came up with this mod to help provide some extra utility to Zeus. It's still very basic and needs a ton of work but I wanted to throw it out here for you guys to consume and try out.

Module Features

General

• Air Flight - Allows setting of flight height for flying vehicles
  • Artillery - Calls for artillery fire from the unit using coordinates, ammo type, and round count
  • Damage Component - Damages the unit's component based on the component selected and the damage slider
  • Spawn Garrison - Spawns a garrison of units at the given location based on some config params (use with caution!)
  • Vehicle Disembark - Calls the passengers, crew, or all units in the vehicle to disembark

System

• CPM Config - Basic config dialog for the mod
  • Task Force Radio - Basic config for the TFR voip addon. Support for other voip methods and more TFR options will come later
  • Virtual Ammobox System - Loads the Virtual Ammobox System onto the unit/object

Unit

• Unit Action - Runs an action on the unit
  • Unit Animation - Plays an animation on the unit
  • Unit Chat - Sends a chat message through the unit
  • Unit Recruitable - Adds an action to the unit that allows players to recruit into their own group
  • Unit Skills - Sets the precise skills for the unit
  • Unit Surrender - Calls the unit to surrender
  • Unit Teleport - Teleports the unit to the given coordinates

Non-Module Features

• Waypoint Handler - Ctrl+Shift+RMB - Custom waypoint dialog to setup non-standard waypoints
  • Waypoint Type 'Land' - Fleeing is disabled and vehicle will land and shut down
  • Waypoint Type 'Land - Get In' - Fleeing is disabled and vehicle will come to a hover a few meters off of the ground
  • Waypoint Type 'Search Buildings' - Unit/Group will search through all positions in the building nearest to the waypoint when placed. Groups will divide up the task as evenly as possible and will spread out to cover all building positions.
  • Custom Module Category - Modules are now located within a custom category labeled "Curator Presets" in the Create side bar. This was a huge pain in the rear to get working and is still buggy but it's a step in the right direction

Download

Current Version: 1.9.3

Source Repository: source

Mirrors

Notes

• Spawn Garrison is limited to 150 units and 25 groups. Once at the unit limit no more will spawn. Once at the group limit all future units will be added to the last group
  • Unit Animation is not yet complete and as such will not do anything yet
  • Search Buildings is buggy. Please let me know of any suggestions you have or bugs you find.

Known Issues

• Units will not always obey when Unit Action is called on them (seems to be limited to specific action types)
  • Clicking on custom sub-categories for modules will put a non-functioning module object on the cursor. Just right-click it away to continue

Changelog

• v1.9.3
    • Changed most calls to ccl_fnc_GlobalExec to be NOT persistent (fixed many lag and performance issues)
    • Added start of version broadcast mechanism
    • Added some more error handling
    • Added some more checks to see if player is a curator
    • Fixed bug with duplicating waypoints when using Ctrl+Shift+RMB

[*]v1.9.2

• Fixed missing loadUnitSkills function in cfgFunctions.hpp
    • Added global config saving mechanism
    • Removed CWS curator icons (moved into CWS mod)
    • Fixed unit skills module (again)
    • Fixed missing unit chat function in CCL (now using CCL 1.0.2)

[*]v1.9.1

• Moved CWS mod off back to main cws_injury repository
    • Added LICENSE
    • Removed server-only restriction in addWaypoint
    • Added better error handling to drawCWSIcons
    • Restricted the unit types in spawnGarrison and added a better random distribution
    • Changed debugging default to off
    • Removed forced addon load in initCPM
    • Unified code that works with "Applies To"
    • Fixed missing tooltip for sliders on dialog load
    • Removed redundant waypoint types from waypoint handler
    • Updated mod logo

[*]v1.9

• Created new mod "Chessmaster's Common Library" that houses many common functions and UI elements for both CPM and CWS (this will also have a separate release later)
    • Created new mod version of CWS (this will have a separate release later)
    • Fixed icon and improved functionality of TaskForceRadio module
    • CWS icons over units in Zeus screen now have bleeding percentage as well has healing progress percentage
    • Overhauled the waypoint handler to use the new Ctrl+Shift+RMB key combo for placing the custom waypoints
    • Fixed innumerable bugs and improved AI in CWS dramatically
    • Overhauled bleeding system in CWS. Bleeding pausing while being healed is now much more reliable
    • Added Failsafe Reload Module to both CWS and CPM. Putting this down will cause a full reload of the respective mod
    • Improved the AI behaviour in 'Search Building' waypoint type. It is now distance sorted and more reliable
    • And many more misc things ...

[*]v1.8.1

• Added CWS icons above units when they have CWS loaded. Color is white a full heath and red when injured
    • Fixed bug with losing custom category of modules when closing and re-opening the curator display
    • Added 'CPM Failsafe Module' to the old 'Zeus' category that can be placed to do a forced reload of the mod
    • Added more functionality to 'ShowMessage' function
    • More minor tweaks working towards fixing the module on cursor bug for the CPM module sub-categories

[*]v1.8

• Added 'Search Building' waypoint type
    • Added 'Task Force Radio' module
    • Added 'Unit Skills' module that gives access to all 10 AI skills for a unit
    • Added custom category for CPM modules
    • Added 'Applies To' option to most unit-based modules so that module can be applies to unit, group, faction, or even players (depends on module)
    • Reorganized config files
    • Reorganized most script files
    • Fixed some issues with Unit Surrender
    • Overflow units from 'Spawn Garrison' are now grouped with the nearest group instead of the last created group
    • Drop-down UI elements are now much more accessible
    • Slider UI elements now show the current value in the tooltip text
    • Disabled fleeing for "Land" or "Land - Get In" waypoint type
    • Major UI overhauls

[*]v1.7.1 - Fixed some critical problems in the new Spawn Garrison module

[*]v1.7 - Added Spawn Garrison module

[*]v1.6 - Added Unit Action module, Added Unit Animation module (incomplete), Added Unit Chat module, Improved Unit Surrender module, Changed list boxes to combo boxes, Misc UI improvements

[*]v1.5 - Internal UI overhaul, Added Air Flight module, Added waypoint placement handler

[*]v1.4 - Fixed global and persistent issues with some modules

[*]v1.3 - Added Artillery and Vehicle Disembark modules, Fixed mod logo

[*]v1.2 - Implemented config dialogs for Component Damage and Unit Speed

[*]v1.1 - Added bisign keys, Fixed Curator messages, Added recruit unit module

[*]v1.0 - Initial alpha release

Edited by chessmaster42
Updated to 1.9.3
  • Like 1

Some excellent options in there Chessmaster. I'll definitely check this out. The helicopter land option will be a massive win!

Thanks for your efforts!

That's actually a great idea to create curator-modifying addons. Thumbs up! :)

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cpm.png

@ chessmaster42;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

love this, brilliant idea and execution, hope to see more of this :)

Updated to 1.2:

-Implemented config dialogs for Component Damage and Unit speed modules

Also, so far it seems to be impossible to add a new module category in Zeus. The categories will show up in the editor but just not in Zeus. So still working on that one. I also plan to build in some sort of support for userconfig so it's easier to run custom, external scripts (say within a mission file instead of in the addon) but so far it's just an idea.

Any suggestions for modules from anyone? I'm all ears and now that I have the main framework in place it's pretty easy to add in new ones.

Chessmaster,

How to you use the VAS? I placed an ammo truck in game and then selected the VAS option under Zeus and clicked the truck. I got a confirmation VAS was placed, but in game when choosing the VAS clickable option, I get a VAS missing script error. Can you educate me what I did wrong? I thought I posted this question, but I seemed it didn't go through. If it comes up twice, I apologize. thanks Chess.

Chessmaster,

How to you use the VAS? I placed an ammo truck in game and then selected the VAS option under Zeus and clicked the truck. I got a confirmation VAS was placed, but in game when choosing the VAS clickable option, I get a VAS missing script error. Can you educate me what I did wrong? I thought I posted this question, but I seemed it didn't go through. If it comes up twice, I apologize. thanks Chess.

Both the VAS option and the CWS option require that they are present either in the mission or as addons. I sometimes forget this because I have them in every mission file I work on. It's certainly possible for me to package them in with the mod but right now it's not very practical.

Sorry for any confusion there :/

Can't capture the surrender unit, the surrendered unit just stay there.

hmm, can we get a guide on how to use this? do i just sync the modules to the game masters and that will give me an option in game?

i have added vas to my mission,i can see the option on boxes, but no one else can? also they couldnt add ai to their group via recruit

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Also, noticed a bug on the official zgm missions, sometimes people will spawn in the ocean and need to respawn a couple times

Hello, I just download the zip and there's a few folders and files which I don't know where to place. I have installed mods before but the way this zip is set up; I'm not sure what to do. I tried to look for installation instructions but the standard instructions don't apply to this.

There is a bin, scr, .project, readme.md once I opened up the zip,

Bin folder> @CPM.zip, CPM_1.1.zip, @CPM_1.2.zip

scr folder> addons folder, keys folder, curator,module_logo_ca.paa, mod.cpp

Please advise, thanks!

unzip the CPM_1.2.zip and use the folder in from that

also, can I recommend 3 new commands

1. where you use it on a vehicle, it would disembark everyone but the pilot, copilot and gunners

2. and one where you use it on a artillery vehicle/static, and a coordinate dialog will pop up, you input the coordinates and it fires

3. and finally, one where you use it on an infantry unit, and it makes them play animations (with the ability to make them loop), such as talking animation, or excercising etc. etc.

Edited by GeneralKong

kremator i ran this mod on the official zeus mission and had access to the modules without placing them, only problem is the not being ble to recruit or capture bug, as well as causing players to teleport to map-origin and not be able to respawn occasionally

That is excellent news All3n, will have to try it out then. I wonder does the server need the mod too as well as the client ... I bet it does.

@CM ... waypoint cycle command ... please pretty please !

This is awesome, will be trying this out later today.

Some other commands I can think of that could be useful:

-The ability to fade the screen to title text (maybe a field for number of seconds till fade back in), so zeus could run that, set some things (weather, time), and then have it fade back in.

-talking from a selected unit, as if they were talking in a certain channel, maybe with a little sound clip to notify the players they're talking?

@Kremator, do you mean just the ability to place a cycle waypoint for units? You can already do that, just hold Alt when you place down a waypoint

Hello, I just download the zip and there's a few folders and files which I don't know where to place. I have installed mods before but the way this zip is set up; I'm not sure what to do. I tried to look for installation instructions but the standard instructions don't apply to this.

There is a bin, scr, .project, readme.md once I opened up the zip,

Bin folder> @CPM.zip, CPM_1.1.zip, @CPM_1.2.zip

scr folder> addons folder, keys folder, curator,module_logo_ca.paa, mod.cpp

Please advise, thanks!

Where did you download from? The link I have in the main post is only for downloading the actual CPM_1.2.zip file as that is the current version. It seems that some of the mirror sites (Armaholic and PlayWithSix) didn't quite get the download link right. Probably something weird with github. But to answer the question, you just extract the CPM_1.2.zip as it should contain the @CPM mod folder. I'll have better download+setup instructions tomorrow probably.

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

i have added vas to my mission,i can see the option on boxes, but no one else can? also they couldnt add ai to their group via recruit

There's something weird with addAction in Zeus missions that I haven't been able to quite track down yet. Probably both of those are related to the weirdness.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

unzip the CPM_1.2.zip and use the folder in from that

also, can I recommend 3 new commands

1. where you use it on a vehicle, it would disembark everyone but the pilot, copilot and gunners

2. and one where you use it on a artillery vehicle/static, and a coordinate dialog will pop up, you input the coordinates and it fires

3. and finally, one where you use it on an infantry unit, and it makes them play animations (with the ability to make them loop), such as talking animation, or excercising etc. etc.

#1 - Most definitely! I've already got it logged and on my TODO list here. Should be in the next version.

#2 - Sounds like a good idea but no idea what scripting will be needed. I'll have to do some research but it sounds doable.

#3 - I'll have to poke around in the asset files but this should be pretty easy. Albeit a very low priority given that it is just aesthetic.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Also, noticed a bug on the official zgm missions, sometimes people will spawn in the ocean and need to respawn a couple times

Can you post a log to pastebin.com and link it here? I don't think that my mod is the cause but can't say for sure without more to go on.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

That is excellent news All3n, will have to try it out then. I wonder does the server need the mod too as well as the client ... I bet it does.

@CM ... waypoint cycle command ... please pretty please !

Yes, due to the integration with Zeus you will need to run this mod on the server as well.

As for the waypoint cycle command could you be a little more specific? Zeus can already do waypoint cycling by Alt+Clicking when placing a waypoint.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

This is awesome, will be trying this out later today.

Some other commands I can think of that could be useful:

-The ability to fade the screen to title text (maybe a field for number of seconds till fade back in), so zeus could run that, set some things (weather, time), and then have it fade back in.

-talking from a selected unit, as if they were talking in a certain channel, maybe with a little sound clip to notify the players they're talking?

@Kremator, do you mean just the ability to place a cycle waypoint for units? You can already do that, just hold Alt when you place down a waypoint

#1 - Doable and I've tested it. Problem is that it fades the screen for everyone including the Zeus player. Need to find a way around that.

#2 - Also doable but not sure how to do the chatting. Simplest way would be to ask for the message in a dialog text input. What would work best?

any idea why no one can recruit or capture? also can you go a little in depth on placing the injury ststem? what does it do?

Also a little wish list item of mine, those earthquakes in the final chapter of SP! would love to make some shakes in a zeus campaign im making,

Also, i didnt mention it yet but this is an amazing mod, great initiative getting this done, it was well needed, keep up the good work:)

Edited by All3n