Sign in to follow this  
doln

Arma 3: Poltergeist -- Taking the 2035 setting and running with it.

If I can find some, but my search has shown up nothing so far. I'm not sure how I'll approach that - I may end up using the Hollywood favourite of giving every foreigner a British accent.

Yeah, had the same problem more than once. Even thought about paying real voice actors in a last ditch effort. But that's not the only problem- after all, the text must be translated first for the voice actors, and who is going to do that? Most likely not google translate. :>

Do the best voice acting possible! First thing people starts to comment about, especially if it doesn't sound like Hollywood, is the voice acting! :)

I have to agree with Oksman, it's well worth pursuing. It might sound crazy, but maybe try and send some feelers out into Iranian forums etc.? Personally, I just feel it would really give your campaign the edge. I'd love to see some cultural references too! Maybe look into Persian mythology for callsigns and things. And music too, wow, you could really go places with that Eastern theme! Good luck with it anyhow!

Do the best voice acting possible! First thing people starts to comment about, especially if it doesn't sound like Hollywood, is the voice acting! :)

Seconded. But whoever you manage to recruit for voice acting, make sure he's got a decent microphone. Many times people can do nice voice acting, but the whole shabang sounds bad because of a bad quality recording. No need for something very professional, just a simple microphone that produces good quality is enough.

Edited by Variable

I have a voice actor on board who is fluent in Farsi. Special thanks to Chortles for setting this up.

Edit:

A sneak peek at what's to come in the showcase

http://i.imgur.com/JKv7RsS.jpg (292 kB)

Edited by Doln

You've already seen me gushing about this on Facepunch, but I thought I'd contribute here. Looks awesome dude, and thank goodness for someone actually running with the 2035 setting. Maybe it will help BIS stop listening to the people who want ArmA 2 2 and cause them to run with the 2035 setting, which is hilariously conservative as is.

There is no such thing as too much gushing. My ego isn't nearly big enough.

Nah, it's too early and there aren't enough entries yet. :p :D

I don't get it... How can voting to any entry is even possible in such an early stage?

Presumably, it's based on "hm, this sounds cool" or "pls no, way overdone/too boring". Although, several entries have buttons linking to Steam Workshop as a sampler.

Being able to vote on WIP projects seems to be ok because votes can be changed.

Showcase should be out around Tuesday - just waiting on the final lines of voice acting and a bit of script tidying up to do.

Showcase should be out around Tuesday - just waiting on the final lines of voice acting and a bit of script tidying up to do.

Looking forward to it Doln! Supporting, Good luck.

Great, looking forward to see it!

In the meantime, have a little ambient piece from the soundtrack

Edited by Doln

Another screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/0frnHsw.jpg

Voice actors taking their sweet, sweet time with getting the lines to me is delaying the showcase. Shouldn't be too long, though - the mission is finished apart from the voice acting.

Briefing right next to the shitter, so you don't miss out if you can't hold it any longer? :p

• Like 1

Looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it!

However, there is not much information on 1st page.

So, my questions:

how long will it be (number of missions)?

will we always be the leader?

will there be different roles?

Thanks

Briefing right next to the shitter, so you don't miss out if you can't hold it any longer? :p

It's the commanders throne :v

Looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it!

However, there is not much information on 1st page.

So, my questions:

how long will it be (number of missions)?

will we always be the leader?

will there be different roles?

Thanks

As a result of myself not being happy with a number of missions, I've had to axe a few, and as a result the October release will likely be a "Chapter 1" of sorts, consisting of 4 missions. There will be more beyond that, but as for specifics, I don't know just yet.

For most of the time, yes. I tried to make a campaign where you're not the leader, but the AI is just far too slow for it to be fun.

Yes - there are a number of side-missions where you play as a Pilot, Sniper, Recon team etc

What happened!!!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7I9hHJliw

You getting sued!?! People said the video was good but where can I see it? its private on your make arma not war page.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

is it another campaign that's copyrighted?!

That video uses a song from the BF4 soundtrack - the composer of BF4 got it taken down for copyright.

Which is totally fair to be completely honest.

In other news, the Showcase is out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259384828

Note that it's a little rough around the edges so if you could all try it out and give me some feedback on the more glaring issues that I need to fix I would appreciate it :)

Sign in to follow this