Sign in to follow this  
crazyman158

Arma 2 CO 25 fps MP

Ok so I don't have a killer rig but I mean cmon. My fps issue is ridiculous. And I have done almost everything I can to improve it so far. Ive set my scenedensity to 120000 and I set my terrain grid to 30. My settings are configured to where both resolutions match. Shadow detail is disabled along with post processing and AA. View distance is set to 1200 (although most of the time it wont matter in MP the lobbies have a default value that is unchangeable) I have it on steam and I have all the startup parameters such as cpucount=4 and exthreads=3. This is really frustrating and really all I want is like 40 fps and im getting 20-25. Please help!!!!

Specs

gpu=amd 8750m (OC to 1300mhz)

cpu= amd A8-5550m (OC to 30 ghz very consistent)

ram= 8gb

Ok so I don't have a killer rig but I mean cmon. My fps issue is ridiculous. And I have done almost everything I can to improve it so far. Ive set my scenedensity to 120000 and I set my terrain grid to 30. My settings are configured to where both resolutions match. Shadow detail is disabled along with post processing and AA. View distance is set to 1200 (although most of the time it wont matter in MP the lobbies have a default value that is unchangeable) I have it on steam and I have all the startup parameters such as cpucount=4 and exthreads=3. This is really frustrating and really all I want is like 40 fps and im getting 20-25. Please help!!!!

Specs

gpu=amd 8750m (OC to 1300mhz)

cpu= amd A8-5550m (OC to 30 ghz very consistent)

ram= 8gb

20-25 is a dream, i mostly get only 9-18 on a crowded server. The problem is client side frame rate drop as soon as the server fps slows down usually because of too much AI on a map. THis can't be solved in any other way than 6Ghz server or less AI on a map. Btw: ArmA 3 still shares that problem.

20-25 is a dream, i mostly get only 9-18 on a crowded server. The problem is client side frame rate drop as soon as the server fps slows down usually because of too much AI on a map. THis can't be solved in any other way than 6Ghz server or less AI on a map. Btw: ArmA 3 still shares that problem.

Yeah i know the cause too. It's because of the very old 32-bit engine they use for it with terrible netcoding and terrible everything really. I really hope Bohemia will get there lazy butts up and make a new engine for arma 4. One thats more optimized

Yeah i know the cause too. It's because of the very old 32-bit engine they use for it with terrible netcoding and terrible everything really. I really hope Bohemia will get there lazy butts up and make a new engine for arma 4. One thats more optimized
The engine is among the most optimisd for that kind of job...the problem is just that a lot of mison maker simply overdo it regarding AI count scripts and additional scripted player actions.

back in ArmA large scale mission ran better because AI had much less routines and precision.

The solution is to keep it simple for playbility ...but people always demand more option and more convenience.

Currently I see servers expanding view distance to 8,000m... nice, but I can play only fluid up to 3000m on Chernarus so much about playing at same terms.

Edited by Beagle

Whats wrong with 25? i was running 25FPS normally and 5-15 in bigger fights before i used Nvidia Experience to optimise my setings. now iam normally running multiplayer 30-50 FPS. 20-25 FPS in bigger fights, and i cnat see any difference. everithing more than 25 looks the same for me.

I have wiew distance 3500 and 1920x1080 Resolutin, with Almost all settings medium or high, except antialiasing and postprocessing wich i turned off iam using SMAA very high instaed of antialiasing.

I have ancient 4core athlon and Nvidia GTX 560 on cheapest possible mainboard with 12GB of the cheapest awailable RAM

Also there are things that are killing FPS for me.

- lot of wrecks

- Lots of explosions

- maps with lots of enterable buildings (Towns on Napf)

- Too many AI shooting at me.

- Flying (i get huge FPS drops when i try to fly Jets, or fly choppers with higher speeds and altitudes)

- Minnihattan Island (2-6FPS)

Whats wrong with 25? i was running 25FPS normally and 5-15 in bigger fights before i used Nvidia Experience to optimise my setings. now iam normally running multiplayer 30-50 FPS. 20-25 FPS in bigger fights, and i cnat see any difference. everithing more than 25 looks the same for me.

I have wiew distance 3500 and 1920x1080 Resolutin, with Almost all settings medium or high, except antialiasing and postprocessing wich i turned off iam using SMAA very high instaed of antialiasing.

I have ancient 4core athlon and Nvidia GTX 560 on cheapest possible mainboard with 12GB of the cheapest awailable RAM

Also there are things that are killing FPS for me.

- lot of wrecks

- Lots of explosions

- maps with lots of enterable buildings (Towns on Napf)

- Too many AI shooting at me.

- Flying (i get huge FPS drops when i try to fly Jets, or fly choppers with higher speeds and altitudes)

- Minnihattan Island (2-6FPS)

really you get bad fps flying? When i do get up to around 50-60 its when im flying and when im in open fields. Thanks for the advice i guess, but it doesn't really hlp me because i have an AMD card.

See if these tried and tested tweaks help

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

But don't expect a miracle, 2 things in particular kill perf in A2, View Distance and Anti-Aliasing.

The secret is the fastest possible CPU, that's why Intel wins over AMD, i.e. better to have 4+GHz quad or even dualie than a 3+Ghz hex or even octo-core.

really you get bad fps flying? When i do get up to around 50-60 its when im flying and when im in open fields. Thanks for the advice i guess, but it doesn't really hlp me because i have an AMD card.

Yes flyiing i think it is because i see bigger portion of the map when iam inthe air. so if i want to fly i allways need to lover my wiev distance wich sucks so i just dont fly in multiplayer.

Interesting thing is that in singleplayer i dont have theese issues. Actually sometimes in singleplayer my FPS goes almost to 70. But in multiplayer i never get more than 50 and those 50 i get only on some servers and only if iam not in town. in towns i have 20-25 sometimes 10. My average FPS in multiplayer is 30-35 in missions i create, 20-30 in domination, 16-25 in DAYZ.

It Heavilly depends on server. on Most public servers i get unplayable FPS 10-15. But on some German and brittish Domi servers i get those 30-35normally and sometimes even those 50. As i said it heavilly depends on the server.