Sign in to follow this  
Veezo

Arma 2 OA has stopped working FIX!

DISCLAIMER - THIS FIX WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE THE LOGITECH GAMING SOFTWARE INSTALLED. DOING THE STEPS BELOW WORKED FOR ME BUT MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS.

TLDR - Skip to the steps, you'll be fine, I promise! :yay:

So, after months of my Arma 2 OA crashing constantly, with only an hour of gameplay before the game crashed, I tried to find a way to fix it. I looked on so many different forums, and they all said pretty much the same thing, 'uninstall the game', 'go back to an older beta patch', 'close programs that may be taking up memory'. None of these steps worked, trust me, I tried each of the steps 3-4 times each. At this point I had given up on the game. So I started to play Diablo III, after a few weeks, that game kept on crashing too. I searched on forums and thanks the heavens I found a solution. A few weeks later I thought I would try out Arma 2 OA again, and, to my surprise, the game actually worked! Below are the steps to take to reach a paradise that I searched for months for.

Step 1: Make sure that you actually have Logitech Gaming Software installed and running.

Step 2: Click the hidden programs arrow on the Windows taskbar and double click the icon.

mHIe2nQ.jpg

Step 3: Click the cog on the bottom bar of the software, a dialog box should show up.

SRfPFJd.jpg

ovOIIw1.jpg

Step 4: Now look for the Enable Advanced Graphics check box. By default, the box will be checked. This is the bitch that you want to uncheck.

Step 5: Simply un-tick the box, click the close button and you're good to go!

I hope this fix worked for you guys like it has for me. Replies with you guys telling me it works will be great. Good luck!

Edited by Veezo