Sign in to follow this  
XallZall

Off Placed Objects Visitor 3

Hello dear Community, I got a really strange and Unique Problem that I need assistance with.

Now to clear off a few things before I begin:

I apologies in advance if I may have posted in the wrong area although I am sure I got it right, also I was unable to find anything related to my problem (It may be that I just cannot find the name of this issue. But I think its unique.)

Now to the Actual Issue at hand:

I am a first time Editor/Map Creator with Visitor 3 but I gotten pretty far and things are looking good,

However somewhere in the process I "dragged" and object building off the map.

My map is rather small but I am already 75% through the project, so restarting it would be a disaster.

When entering the buldozer at first it is not visible, but when going in-game the object which is a ind_mlyn_01 is extremly protruding even though it is at a distance, it will most certainly attract every ones attention (I cant stop starring at it) and will most likely draw people to it. It REALLY needs to go.

But I just cannot delete it.

Here are some attempts and ideas as well as "theories" of my own why I cannot delete it:

1. Vistor 3 can only delete objects from the artificial objects panel if it is not placed (Mine is however placed despite the fact that I cannot see it in visitor 3 due to the fact that it is off map)

2. After flying some while towards it in buldozer it does become visible but I cannot select it (I tried using the space bar, tried switching the select modes with the "S" key, no joy at all)

3. I thought Id get clever and just sink the whole thing by lowering the terrain with L3DT (But then I figured that its OFF-MAP so I cannot edit that area)

4. Still trying to remain cleaver I tried to do lower the terrain within buldozer since I can actually see it there, but since I assume it is off map I cannot edit off map terrain.

5. I thought of maybe selecting the entire terrain and copying that, then exporting it (not sure what export format/data type to write since it does not show Need help on that as well Example: I written and saved in two formates: MapNameObjects.txt and MapnameObjects.exp) Then recreating the map and import the Files but I am almost sure that I am writing the data type wrong because I get an error stating that 0 of some 2800 Objects where imported, strangely it does show the amount of Objects that were meant to be imported so I am a bit confused there.

I ran out of ideas and would prefer method 5 only as a last resort since I would have to import tons of objects (which might be even faulty since I changed some of the names of the originals to shorten my search times not sure if it makes a difference though)

To sum all things up briefly:

I need advise or suggestions of how to get rid of that Off-Map object.

I really hope someone knows how to fix this issue, but I am already nervous since it is such a strange problem, however it is easy to reproduce the problem: Just place a object or 2 objects and select both and drag them out the first one should be placed of the map then when pushing the 2nd one to the boarder.

EDIT: SOLVED

I figured a workaround to this unique problem.

I figured out of the Import of the "Templates" Works.

At first I did not really understand the meaning of Template within the Visitor3 Editor. - Template is the Panel of the Objects imported - Meaning the Artificial, Natural etc objects.

Now I wanted to export this BUT there is NO need!

You can do: Project Import Templates and look for the Map save data. So the .Pew

The way I fixed this was to restart the project from scratch Only a minute needed since I had all the materials.

1. Just open your faulty map, save it, select the Objects you want then press CTRL+C to copy them.

2. Leave Visitor 3 open create the new project, and set the settings again (Look at your old one when you are not sure what the settings were.)

3. Once the XYZ or Picture has been imported and the Satmap + Mask is imported, I recommend to run Buldozer once, then exit it.

4. Project - Import Template and Open your older map (This will import your older Object files, Artificial, Natural etc)

5. CTRL + V To paste the Copied Objects of your old Map.

6. Make sure all is selected and drag the objects to their original place, maybe use a orientation point.

Hope this will help others!

Edited by XallZall
SOLVED