Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

...(And little correction for Jackal: they do own this stuff. Only Red Hammer campaign, and associated content, are owned by Codies. Along with OFP name)

Fair enough, but my point about them remaking everything to ArmA3 standards still applies. If they're unwilling to straight port ArmA2 content, they wont waste time on even older content that would require far more work.

Hey, am i freak and only i see here money?

I play Bohemias games since the beginning. I suppose there is a lot of players who remeber rise of Bohemia.

From my point of view OFP-DLC is more valuable than karts, hilicopters and marksmans gatered together (only Zeus i see as a good stuff). And i am ready to pay for it.

This is mainly fault of Bohemia because of rather moderate A3 campaign and SP without any mood.

This is of course subjecive opinion but I have to admit, this is the worst campaign from series when we talk about mood. Technically this is probably the best one.

Hovewer there is still need of campaign with nice plot and some characteristic characters.

I don't even mention that i have impression that A3 hit model is a try to take players from Battlefield.

The campaign wasn't great, but I've played worse (ArmA1's was terrible)

...I don't even mention that i have impression that A3 hit model is a try to take players from Battlefield.

Then you have the wrong impression, they are two completely different games. Whilst members of this community may play BF, and members of the BF community may play ArmA, the chances are they play them for two very different reasons (BF fast-paced, arcadey atmosphere vs ArmA's slow and more deliberately paced game-play).

Cold War setting with Cuba at the forefront.....a very interesting period of recent history.....Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pigs, Fidel Castro......would love to see something like this.

@kromka

Resistance was an addon, not a DLC, so it's not really fair to compare these two. You should wait for the expansion to make a comparison.

I dont know if anybody noticed, but the CSAT troops in all the helicopter DLC photos were all wearing the blue CSAT uniforms and ALL with chinese faces.

My guess would be that CSAT has splitter tasks. One country does this and a little of that, while the other country is more into passive support, etc.

My guess would be that CSAT has splitter tasks. One country does this and a little of that, while the other country is more into passive support, etc.

I could believe this.

CSAT = Canton Protocol Strategic Allience Treaty.

NATO = North Atlantic Treaty Organization

If CSAT opperates like one would imagine, i could see another country coming into play, and based on the story line of the game as a whole, Asia could very well come into play. Also, the black version of the Taru isn't in any faction, which could be used in another faction, that includes Asian's, that wear only the Urban CSAT uniform.

On a less serious note; Dude... What if Singapore.

We role-play CSAT is Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Libya. With Russia and China supporting passively in the background. AAF (secretly Syria) fighting to control the Mediterranean.

Russia is pushing south into the Black Sea (Crimea/Chernarus). And North Korea is diobolically planning in the dark and nefaruis shadows, its next sinister move...

We role-play CSAT is Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Libya. With Russia and China supporting passively in the background. AAF (secretly Syria) fighting to control the Mediterranean.

Russia is pushing south into the Black Sea (Crimea/Chernarus). And North Korea is diobolically planning in the dark and nefaruis shadows, its next sinister move...

To be honest, no one is allies with North Korea. Not even China, they simply deal with North Korea like an annoying cousin. When there is money involved for weapons, that's about the only thing they tolerate. Else wise North Korea is the most lonely semi-fascist Dictatorship ever in existence. I mean, NK is in no military position to throw around military resources. It would make for an interesting twist if North Korea's dynasty fell, and got picked up or liberated by China to save it.

Any upcoming DLC needs to be based on civil content like cars, clothes, shoes, sun glasses and such., otherwise the sales will be a flop.

I am perfectly convinced that the future of Arma goes through RPG or similar game modes.

As we can see, almost all Arma 3 servers are running these RPG game modes and now that it has become a legal business in short time we will see even more of these servers.

These game modes do not care about of military content and the player base will prefer to buy a sport car from a fishy website than to buy a DLC with military content.

Any upcoming DLC needs to be based on civil content like cars, clothes, shoes, sun glasses and such., otherwise the sales will be a flop.

I am perfectly convinced that the future of Arma goes through RPG or similar game modes.

As we can see, almost all Arma 3 servers are running these RPG game modes and now that it has become a legal business in short time we will see even more of these servers.

These game modes do not care about of military content and the player base will prefer to buy a sport car from a fishy website than to buy a DLC with military content.

This would kill Arma for the core .

The silly rpg modes should never be devoted any resources from Bohemia the modding community can do that if they want.

The silly rpg modes should never be devoted any resources from Bohemia the modding community can do that if they want.

I'm with gibonez, I'd much rather BI focus on the military stuff with just enough civilian content to create a believable environment (so some stuff like various civ uniforms and vehicles is important) but the main focus of their efforts should always be military in my opinion.

Point exactly. It would be arse backwards if BIS made more content devoted to main stream than their game, as apposed to Modders making main stream addons for said game. Whilst the Expansion is to add more civilian content, and military content for sure, in my opinion, who ever the heck created Life, should have put in more military presence. I mean, if it's all civilians and some white listed law enforcement, it gets boring after awhile. There should be military activity, as they are using the Islands of the Altis Republic, and don't even have one AAF or CSAT soldier or anything. It's sad really, considering that CSAT and AAF work together for the most part, none of them are found in the Life mode. Anyhow, though, Expansion wise... I wouldn't mind more civilian content. That'd be cool, it's an asset. But military content is far superior, of course, civilians are missing a good amount of Arial, and Seaborne equipment that's modern.

To be honest, no one is allies with North Korea. Not even China, they simply deal with North Korea like an annoying cousin. When there is money involved for weapons, that's about the only thing they tolerate. Else wise North Korea is the most lonely semi-fascist Dictatorship ever in existence. I mean, NK is in no military position to throw around military resources. It would make for an interesting twist if North Korea's dynasty fell, and got picked up or liberated by China to save it.
The real-life geopolitics around the PRC and North Korean governments' relationship are... interesting*, but Occam's Razor would suggest that in the Armaversum, assuming that the relationship didn't diverge from IRL during Arma: CWA through Arma 2: PMC/Take On Helicopters and barring any catastrophic events for the PRC, North Korea (DPRK), or South Korea (ROK) in the two decades leading up to Arma 3, the relationship would have continued along a similar if not identical track to where it was trending as of January 2015 IRL.

In contrast, the Russian military participated in the events of Arma 2 so I can imagine them pushing on the Green Sea Region decades later, but the PRC doesn't strike me as leaning towards open military action... as opposed to SOF or funding/arming/abetting CSAT (the Zafir's backstory strikes me as way more plausible).

* Have some links if you want to read more.

In contrast, the Russian military participated in the events of Arma 2 so I can imagine them pushing on the Green Sea Region decades later, but the PRC doesn't strike me as leaning towards open military action... as opposed to SOF or funding/arming/abetting CSAT (the Zafir's backstory strikes me as way more plausible).

* Have some links if you want to read more.

Did you finish the ArmA 2 campaign?

I got the impression that only that one Special Forces team was involved in a "bad" way. The rest of the Russian troops were there because they believed they had been attacked. They end up helping you in the end if you play your cards right... you know... unless they decide to nuke you instead.

I mean, NK is in no military position to throw around military resources. It would make for an interesting twist if North Korea's dynasty fell, and got picked up or liberated by China to save it.
The real-life geopolitics around the PRC and North Korean governments' relationship are... interesting*, but Occam's Razor would suggest that in the Armaversum, assuming that the relationship didn't diverge from IRL during Arma: CWA through Arma 2: PMC/Take On Helicopters and barring any catastrophic events for the PRC, North Korea (DPRK), or South Korea (ROK) in the two decades leading up to Arma 3, the relationship would have continued along a similar if not identical track to where it was trending as of January 2015 IRL.

That's pretty much the same thoughts that I laid out in my OP; North Korea has either been annexed by China prior to 2035, or the situation on the peninsula hasn't changed and is still in a deadlock with the South.

but the PRC doesn't strike me as leaning towards open military action... as opposed to SOF or funding/arming/abetting CSAT (the Zafir's backstory strikes me as way more plausible).

The mention of ongoing proxy wars between the U.S. and China during the events of The East Wind back this too. I have a feeling that will change in the expansion though.

I'm already betting that the start of the campaign will probably involve CSAT using the

seismic device since it's been field tested on Altis (and assuming they make Status Quo the canon ending)

on a U.S. allied Pacific/SCS nation or against U.S. forces in the same way that the pre-2012 A3 storyline had Turkey wrecked by "natural" disasters before CSAT intervened in the area. Which then leads to shit hitting the fan later on when the U.S. discovers what caused the attack and leads to open confrontation between the two powers.

Edited by drebin052

I'm pretty sure the expansion will bring alot new civilian assets!

Altis only needs a tractor for all of the acre / fields all around.

Altis only needs a tractor for all of the acre / fields all around.

And an excavator to get rid of all those stone walls !

Did you finish the ArmA 2 campaign?

I got the impression that only that one Special Forces team was involved in a "bad" way. The rest of the Russian troops were there because they believed they had been attacked. They end up helping you in the end if you play your cards right... you know... unless they decide to nuke you instead.

Pretty much parallels the plausible extent of PRC involvement, considering that by default (that is, if Armaversum 2035 PRC leadership mirrored/followed the trends of our 2015 PRC leadership) the PRC would absolutely have tried to stay the hell away from The East Wind -- "not the Pacific means not our problem!"* -- and that it'd take a crisis to "force" the PLA (the overall military force, with the PLA Ground Force being literally the "land army") to "openly take the field", as opposed to Chinese SOF in CSAT camo for example.

I believe that this is particularly the case in North Korea, with the PRC default stance mirroring IRL (forestalling the DPRK's decline, "deadlock with the South") and a pre-2035 annexation only coming about because of an unforeseen sudden DPRK collapse forcing the PLA to scramble. (Read: "land grab before the US-allied ROK does!")

* As hollow as that may sound, I'm emphasizing the "open military commitment" part; heck, in our timeline took domestic pressure for the PLAN to take on piracy in the Gulf of Aden.

So, MMG's... HK-121 for the AAF is what I speculate. It's German tech, and it beats a wide variety of MMG's. It can switch fire rate on the go.

I think the Far East setting is a massive red herring.

Given both Jay and RiE have both been hinting strongly at the word 'splendid' I think they might be hinting at something along the lines of 'Operation Splendid' -

http://www.vojska.net/eng/world-war-2/operation/splendid-1943/

In terms of plot, I suspect a maritime invasion of that area of the world, probably to see off a CSAT invasion of a 'BIS-ified' Balkan state, giving a fourth faction and possibly extended CTRG and perhaps some kind of marines to play with.

If I'm right I really hope I'll see some cringe worthy cold war codephrase from one of the dev team like 'The tulips are splendid this time of year' in one of the next dev reveals :p

Edited by Callsign
typo

the CSAT suit/uniform is a chinese design even in the game there are a oriental characters with chinese names, plus the urban camo is very close to chinese urban camo........