Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

A new island was already announced, but the only elaboration was about it being different from prior terrains, suggesting a new terrain (hence the anticipation for snow)...

I would love a snow map

Can someone make a list here of Terrain's BI made, with name and type of Terrain's it is. Example

Chernarus - Temperate/Pine Backwoods

Takistan - Desert/Urban Village

Altis - Mediterranean Island

And than someone can make a list of all the kinds of Terrain BI hasn't used so that we can see what kinds of terrain would be great for the next DLC, or any future maps?

It is more easy to list terrains which BI didnt made.

- snow/arctic

- tropical/jungle

- urban cities

- desert in sahara or texas/nevada style

- mountains terrain (snowy, jungle, tropical)

- urban cities mixed with one of these: snow, tropical, desert, cold, wood

more idk

I would love a snow map

Agreed! A snowy map like Namalsk for A2 would be awesome. Areas with lots of forests and large tundra to ice areas. And maybe some small caves to hide in. :)

Hi all, pls write me direct link for arma 3 update 1.18 or latest, cant found they on arma3.com=(

I don't know if they'll pump out another terrain this soon. We know one is in the works, but they're planning to support ArmA III for at least two more years. Maybe another campaign?

I don't really care about the new map, all I want is a proper decent and long campaign like CWC!

That's all I ask after the fail of East Wind. Maps and new vehicles, units, weapons, game mod are secondary

That's all I ask after the fail of East Wind.

Would you be so kind and stop complaining about that?

You didn't like the campaign. Okay, that's fine. There's no need to mention it in every second post you make.

And the campaign wasn't a fail. A lot of people, myself included, found it quite enjoyable.

You didn't like the campaign. Okay, that's fine. There's no need to mention it in every second post you make.

And the campaign wasn't a fail. A lot of people, myself included, found it quite enjoyable.

It's Off-topic, but

1. I don't complain on every post I write

2. And to quote you: "the campaign was a fail. A lot of people, myself included, found it not that enjoyable.

Anyway, back to topic, why would so many of you want a snow map?

In the end of ArmA 2, we had informations about Razor members and the Operation Arrowhead in the Takistan conflict and BIS made such an addon.

Hence in ArmA 3 they talk about Pacific, so my bet is Pacifc/Asian map

Edited by Wiki

Hi all, pls write me direct link for arma 3 update 1.18 or latest, cant found they on arma3.com=(

First of all: its wrong section and wrong topic. it shoud be into arma 3 questions & answers.

second: you should not ask that question because arma 3 is a steam game and all updates going over steam and steam will update your game as soon as the devs release the new patch so there is only one reason why you are looking for the new update at arma3.com & why you are searching for the update when the update comes automatically over steam: you have a cracked version of arma 3

For people that play arma games since over 10 years ago, was actually a fail! way off arma games standards.

But for me what matters is not what bis is working on ( that is aliens or zombies most likely) but this:

"[–]est8s 37 points 1 month ago

"I'll be happy to answer any questions as well."

soooo... what about ACE 3? :D"

"[–]NouberNou 22 points 1 month ago

We are focusing on contemporary technology for conventional forces. Think 1980s through 2000s.

We'll let BIS handle the future stuff, we are trying to take Arma back to its roots."

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/1zpj8n/so_just_a_bit_of_a_teaser/

Australia and New Zealand - BIS, consider creating an ANZAC faction to fight in the Asian pacific theater of war!

Australia and New Zealand would be cool!

Or California! lol L.A, SD, marine corps camp pendleton...

ArmA 3 : Red Dragon :D

I also bet on the pacific, with amphibious units

PLA possible?

I found Chinese "军队" in makearmanotwar.com. The 军队 is Military.

BmeMv35CIAAvzqN.jpg

Edited by classic
typo

Some news for this topic here: BI Roadmap 2014/2015

I hope the expansion will feature an asian environment, it would fit into the campaign intro with all that csat stuff.

So far, we've selected a new terrain that offers a distinctive feeling and gameplay.

Not a solid confirmation that the next islands going to be set in the Pacific by any means, but it's definitely confirmed that we won't be seeing Altis for a while. Either way...

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you. This is an easter egg by our Web Graphic Designer, who happens to be Chinese ;)

I think this is appropriate.

BohemiaIntrollactive.png

I still have hopes that BI will come up with something different than asian setting. Something like central Europe or US/Canada maybe? :)

IMO, that Middle East/Asian theme is quite hackneyed. Why does nobody wants to try something new?

Besides, it would be almost impossible to play against AI on a terrain with dense vegetation since AI can almost perfectly see though tree's crowns and grass. :(

I like the idea of the helicopter dlc -I hope it features current helo's and not some futuristic stuff, as well as sling loading, I really want the ability to transport vehicles ie quad bike (and trailer) land rovers etc in side the heli aka chinook and make it so the ai will do it, ie use the moveincargo command or what ever so that a manned vehicle will load. Sling loads as well - should feature more than 1 placement if the real world counter part has it- i.e. lift 105mm gun and ammo pallet in sling. They should then also update the c130 from arma 2 and port that over as well. If they are doing cargo would be great if they also did some military cargo handling vehicles to load stuff with military all terrain fork lift for example.

I like the idea of the helicopter dlc -I hope it features current helo's and not some futuristic stuff, as well as sling loading, I really want the ability to transport vehicles ie quad bike (and trailer) land rovers etc in side the heli aka chinook and make it so the ai will do it, ie use the moveincargo command or what ever so that a manned vehicle will load. Sling loads as well - should feature more than 1 placement if the real world counter part has it- i.e. lift 105mm gun and ammo pallet in sling. They should then also update the c130 from arma 2 and port that over as well. If they are doing cargo would be great if they also did some military cargo handling vehicles to load stuff with military all terrain fork lift for example.

^most of this tbh. I guess I can see some of the TOH modes making it over and/or being included in life modes.

^^ You'd better make it so smurf.

On another note I would love to see PROPER mechs.

After reading the roadmap, I'm a little disappointed at the amount of DLC, especially considering that I am a supporter. Whilst I welcome the helicopter DLC, the marksman DLC seems weak. However I will wait and see.

Edited by Kremator