Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin FB-22 Bomber

Lockheed Martin's FB-22 Bomber

Info

This is something that I wanted to do. The FB-22 is a bomber version of the FA-22 with delta-wings. It carries 2x AIM-120 AMRAAM and 30x GBU-39. This is not a sci-fi plane. This is an actual plan from Lockheed Martin, but it was cancelled. Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_FB-22. The FB-22 was expected to be operational around the year 2018. Since ArmA 3 is around 2035, I thought that this plane would fit. Even though it was cancelled, I will still develop this mod.

Pictures

1024x576.resizedimage

2014-04-11_00002_zps7b80e360.jpg

Intended features

-Bomb bay doors open/close(Done)

-Afterburners

-Eject system

-Canopy can open and close

-May add rudders in the future (Looks silly without them) (Done)

-Working instruments

Credits

randomslap

Edited by randomslap

"The Lockheed Martin FB-22 (sometimes called the Strike Raptor) was a proposed United States Air Force bomber aircraft. Its design was derived from the F-22 Raptor. The FB-22 was canceled following the 2006 Quadrennial Defense Review."

But these things are canceled for a myriad of reasons, so if you want to put the time and effort into this I am sure plenty of people would use it and be appreciative.

"The Lockheed Martin FB-22 (sometimes called the Strike Raptor) was a proposed United States Air Force bomber aircraft. Its design was derived from the F-22 Raptor. The FB-22 was canceled following the 2006 Quadrennial Defense Review."

But these things are canceled for a myriad of reasons, so if you want to put the time and effort into this I am sure plenty of people would use it and be appreciative.

Ah ok thanks. I just skimmed through the whole wiki page. Even though it was cancelled, I will still work on it. It is something that I wanted to see in ArmA 3.

I say GO FOR YOUR LIFE MAN!!! Who cares what people say, If you wan't to do it, do IT/ Looks great even if it is WIP.

Nice model, its quite feasible to have the aircraft in Arma3 it is the armaverse after all. :)

Looks promising, doesn't matter to me if it's not in the real world. More planes are always a good thing.

Thanks guys for the positive replies!:) Surprisingly, I am about 40% done. I will post update pictures later.

Very buggy sure, but it looks... "absolutely 2035." :D No seriously, kudos.

ETA for this beast?

Technically, you're not supposed to ask a question like that, because the accepted answer is "when it's ready". It is annoying, but it's accurate. They could say two weeks, and a month later people are upset and cursing them for not delivering on their promise.

Wow that thing looks nice! It will fit right in ARMA 3 with its futuristic look.

Looking good.. Any plans for it without the vertical stibilizers?

ETA for this beast?

Please don't ask when it will be released, this is considered spam.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

2014-04-11_00002_zps7b80e360.jpg

Bomb bay is now working. It contains 30 GBU-38. I may end up taking off the rudders so that it looks like the design proposal. The development of this mod will will slow down because I am currently busy with school and sports.

Edited by randomslap

Nice pic randomslap, it looks great! Though I do think the rudders should be taken off when you get done, in my opinion it makes it look more unique.

If it wouldn't be too much work, make two versions. A FB-22A, which still has the rudders, and a FB-22X without them. That way everyone is happy.

If it wouldn't be too much work, make two versions. A FB-22A, which still has the rudders, and a FB-22X without them. That way everyone is happy.

That would be a good suggestion, best of both :)

That is a good idea. I will think about it if I do decide to continue this mod when I am done with the C-17 and the F15SE. Please keep this thread open though. I would like more suggestions! :)

That is a good idea. I will think about it if I do decide to continue this mod when I am done with the C-17 and the F15SE. Please keep this thread open though. I would like more suggestions! :)

Iam still hoping you are also making a normal F-22 too?? :butbut:

Awesome work! And Thanks!

We'll, you could also make an attempt at Northrop's YF-23, that they were thinking about turning into a bomber too.

Personally, I think it is sexier than an F-22.

Or try a B-2, or B-1R. Either way, I definitely dig the idea of bringing a bomber into Arma3. Preferably an option with a huge rack of LGBs, since so many things in the game have laser designators now. Have it fly way up, out of sight. Near whatever the game's max ceiling is. Do orbits around the island, responding to air support calls. Be kinda cool to have on-call 2000lb bombs.

It looks very nice and will fit greatly in the ARMA 3 setting, so keep up the good work! Are you gonna make different loadouts?