Sign in to follow this  
Icarus619

Massive framedrop every 3 or 4 minutes!

Hello!

I am having another huge problem.

When I'm playing Arma 2/Arma 2 OA/Arma 3 or DayZ Mod/DayZ Standalone I am having the problem that my frames drop every 3 or 4 minutes. If I am standing in the middle of nowhere without moving, it happens too. So it doesn't matter if I move, drive in vehicles, or fly over cities.

I normally have ~40 - ~50 FPS, till it drops to 8 FPS, stays there for 30 seconds, then goes up again and stays there till the next drop. I already tried a SSD and a faster HDD, that wasn't the problem. CPU usage is max at 50%, usually around 30%, same for RAM.

Have you ever encountered this problem? If so, what could solve it/fix it?

Thank you!

If you need more informations, please tell me!

What internet conection do you have? Do you share your internet connection with someone? I have small FPS drops when someone in the house downloads or uploads bigger files while iam playing.

It also can be serverside. On some servers i have really bad FPS around 15 but on other servers playing the same game/mod i have 30-50FPS depending on map.

I am having a 100mbit/s Downstream and about 6mbit/s in Upstream. There is no device connected to this router, just this PC. I have another connection for Smartphones, Notebooks etc which are not related to this connection.

The strange thing is that it just laggs ever 3 or 4 minutes for a short amount of time, then goes back to normal.