Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

any news on weapon resting?

BI's zero-information-policy on possible new features really is the wrong way to be handling things. I get that they want to avoid past mistakes, like posting screenshots of content that never arrives, making promises they can't keep etc., but saying nothing at all is just over-compensating. People get antsy when there is no information whatsoever, because it gives the impression that nothing at all is happening (and that no one wants to admit to it). In other words, silence drives people crazy.

Even the tinies little tidbit of information would be welcome at this point.

This. I mean, it's always great to hear from the inside world sometimes.

BI's zero-information-policy on possible new features really is the wrong way to be handling things. I get that they want to avoid past mistakes, like posting screenshots of content that never arrives, making promises they can't keep etc., but saying nothing at all is just over-compensating. People get antsy when there is no information whatsoever, because it gives the impression that nothing at all is happening (and that no one wants to admit to it). In other words, silence drives people crazy.

Even the tinies little tidbit of information would be welcome at this point.

Pretty much this. You know, a simple explanation why some stuff doesn´t get made, or doesn´t work, would in most cases be enough to make everyone happy. Maybe some constructive discussion comes out of this and BIS finds solutions through our input.

It's so true. Dean Hall frequently talks about possible features without anyone getting the wrong idea - everyone understands that not all of them may be realised. "We are looking into this thing, it may not pan out, but here are a few screenshots". How hard can it be?

Oh, and Tonci's list is just what A3 needs to be brilliant - most of it is available as mods, so they can be done. But they need to go into the engine , not be duck-taped on as mods due to the MP scene

Talk about communication, look at Chris Roberts for example. Like day and night

I'm curious to know if there is something in the A3 engine that complicates this compared to the (relatively) working bipods in DayZ. Granted, the user needs to be prone to gain a benefit, but its a reasonable start. I understand at least a bit about the problems that could arise when using a bipod in a non-prone situation due to having to figure out collisions and whether or not the bipod is actually resting on something like a low wall or a rock. If its an AI issue, that seems strange because you could simply have them automatically activate the bipod by default if their weapon has one attached when they go prone while during combat. Some may say that weapon resting only when prone is half-assed solution, but it's a start.

Talk about communication, look at Chris Roberts for example. Like day and night

It hasn't always been the way it is now. The team around Star Citizen also experienced many complaints. They learned from the little PR desasters. But to be fair, there's still a lot going on behind the curtain that is SC that we don't know about.

The team around Star Citizen also experienced many complaints.

Although absolutely dwarfed in comparison to the positivity on being so open. Instead of questions being answered we get Rep this and Rep that.

If BI even just said "Hey guys, we are going to try and make weapon resting, but no guarantees" I would be overjoyed. I would be less so overjoyed, but at least content if they simply said "Nope. Not going to happen+reason" At this point I don't care if they do it, just that they tell us they are either trying to or not

If BI even just said "Hey guys, we are going to try and make weapon resting, but no guarantees" I would be overjoyed. I would be less so overjoyed, but at least content if they simply said "Nope. Not going to happen+reason" At this point I don't care if they do it, just that they tell us they are either trying to or not

They did say that they were looking into weapon resting after release last year, as well as a few other things. After that, nothing at all but a great iron curtain.

If 1 BI developer would post " Hey guys btw I am working on weapon resting" I'm pretty sure that tons of people would shake their fists in the air and scream and kick and shout about Bohemia not doing a damn to fix the lag on the precious Altis life servers and instead diverting precious development to such a nuisance. Look at Zeus. Free DLC implemented by 2 (or 3?) people, that brings something to Arma that has never been done in a tactical first person sandbox game - what happened? People f**king whined and moaned about something that cool. An actual game master mode for free? *FU BIS we want more FPSZZ'es because they are kewl!*.

A very small number of people complained about Zeus. The feedback on Zeus has been generally positive. No one at all would complain about BIS announcing they are working on implementing one of the top 5 most requested features in the history of the series.

P.S. Any time you straw man people like this:

*FU BIS we want more FPSZZ'es because they are kewl!*.

You weaken your own argument and give the impression that you either don't understand the issues you are talking about or don't care.

Hey, guys, is there by chance, any update about a weapon rest included in ArmA native?

I mean, its not like its wished since YEARS and the most upvoted featuer in the feedbacktracker. Sum ting wong, with BIS.

Hey at least we got carts :D we got zeus (which obviously noone plays) and eventually will have some nice useless marksman DLC thingy sooner or later.

Where is the milsim/game company i used to support more then a decade?

I slowly get the feeling that some guys who want to destroy BIS infiltrated the company, trying to do lot of things which piss off the long lasting community.

Hey, guys, is there by chance, any update about a weapon rest included in ArmA native?

I mean, its not like its wished since YEARS and the most upvoted featuer in the feedbacktracker. Sum ting wong, with BIS.

Hey at least we got carts :D and eventually will have some nice useless marksman DLC thingy sooner or later.

Where is the milsim/game company i used to support more then a decade?

I slowly get the feeling that some guys who want to destroy BIS infiltrated the company, trying to do lot of things which piss off the long lasting community.

I may be optimistic but i (wishfully) think that the upcoming marksman DLC may include such feature in the vanilla game.

I may be optimistic but i (wishfully) think that the upcoming marksman DLC may include such feature in the vanilla game.

Hell yeah, that would be roadmapped at somewhere spring 2015 right?

After (for me) 13 years of waiting, 1 more wouldnt hurt :)

"if you want to rest your weapon for 10 seconds now, insert a coin". it's gonna happen! ;)

:lol: You mean "if you want to use this gun"... see the DLC Strategy devblog.

Don't forget that bipods are not weapon resting, just a part of it. For marksman DLC maybe they are going to implement bipods, like DayZ, but full weapon resting is another history. I'd wish to be wrong but I doubt that we will be able to use windows, rocks, ground (and not necessarily with bipods) or other items as support.

Also, of course nothing is confirmed or denied, even if we have bought the DLC pack in advance, we own some vapor.

My bet for the DLC is for an improved wind system, a couple or less of new sniper rifles for each side, 3-4 units with new camouflages, a few short and easy missions, or maybe a mini-campaign, also short and easy. About weapon resting, bipods as much.

Nobody needs weapon resting in a racing game.

Yea karts are quite fun but sigh still at the physx and collisions :P

As for functional weapon resting, that will hopefully come with the Marksmen DLC which I plan on buying only after its release and some users feedback of it

Yea karts are quite fun but sigh still at the physx and collisions :P

As for functional weapon resting, that will hopefully come with the Marksmen DLC which I plan on buying only after its release and some users feedback of it

If it comes with the Marksmen DLC, you won't have to buy it to use it.

I am not sure TBH, haven't had a proper read thru the DLC distribution decision yet but saying that, I'd rather pay for the DLC knowing the weapon resting is there, neatly implemented rather than just nod to a free DLC. Not to sound ungrateful or anything but I am happy to pay where its due kind of thing

If you want to buy the DLC in order to finance Bohemia's continued work on free features, then go for it, since that is essentially what they are asking players to do (they really should just come right out and say it).

If you are at all concerned that there will be any difference in the implementation of weapon resting between those who own the DLC and those who don't, you have nothing to worry about. BIS has stated many times that any new features that are implemented will be free updates the the base game. The only thing you ever need to buy DLC for is if you want the weapons, units, or vehicles that come with those DLCs.

If you want to buy the DLC in order to finance Bohemia's continued work on free features

I want to pay for features that are requested of BI by community, not for what we're given