Sign in to follow this  
Flax

RAF Chinook HC3

42 Commando - RAF Chinook HC3 Release

As many people will have seen there is an awesome MH-47e addon out there created by Konyo. Some of the features in this helicopter along with the updated model and high resolution textures made it the perfect replacement for the vanilla Chinook - great if you are an American group. I am part of 42 Commando a British unit operating around current day Royal Marines Commandos, we wanted to have this chopper in an RAF skin to use for our operations. So I got in contact with Konyo and he gave us permission to modify the work he had done. I would like to thank Koyno and all the guys that helped him with this mod for creating it, and for allowing us to modify the work. Furthermore I would like to thank Leeds and Porter at 42 Commando for their work with the re-texturing of the aircraft and to the rest of 42 for testing.

A few weeks later and here we have it the RAF Chinook HC3 (Fat Tanks). For more info on the real life counter part see here or here. Some features have been removed and tampered with for various reasons which are listed below:

Working Features:

• Correct Number of Flares/Countermeasures in a Forward Direction.
  • Lock Detection System Complete with Warning Sounds.
  • Walk-able Fuselage.
  • Digital Cockpit for Pilot & Co-Pilot.
  • Option to Level, Lower & Raise Ramp.
  • New & Improved Flight Engine Sound's.
  • Fuselage Night Lighting.
  • Cockpit Night Lighting.
  • Improved Gunner Animations.
  • Improved Blade System, bend when under load etc.
  • Custom Cargo Positions. (Back-crew & Load-master)
  • Co-Pilot Camera is fully animated. (Thanks yurapetrov!)
  • FLIR & Laser Marker on Co-Pilots Camera.
  • Animated Load-masters Hatch.
  • Animated Windscreen Wipers.
  • ACE Compatibility.

Removed Features:

• Custom slinging (Will be re-added when working with British Vehicles)
  • Custom fast roping (ACE Fast roping works fine for now)
  • Ambient Radio Sounds
  • Multiple Models (We chose to use the SRO model as it most closely fits the HC3)
  • Wrecks (The wrecks are using the wrong model and will be updated)

Changelog:

V1.01

Fix minor spelling mistake in config and folders

V1.0

Initial Release

Downloads:

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@chinnok_raf.png

@ FLAX_;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

RAF Chinook HC3 v1.01

required_addons.png

Arma 2: British Armed Forces

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated with latest version

@Foxhound & Sonsalt6 - Thanks for the mirrors guys. Much appreciated.

words can't describe how much I'd love you to go one step further and port this into Arma 3 ;)

words can't describe how much I'd love you to go one step further and port this into Arma 3 ;)

I'll do my best - obviously I'll get in contact with Koyno first as I believe he is upgrading the original for ArmA 3. Check back here and I'll let you know.

update v1.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@chinnok_raf.png

@Flax_

As requested I have changed the version Number from 1.1 to 1.0.1, changes should be visible on the content page soon.

Edited by Sonsalt6
Change of version Number

Seconded !!! Here's another Marine clan who would LOVE this for A3....

SJ

@Bravo93: Konyo is making an Arma3 version as we speak so hold your horses, and dont forget some people might still only use ArmA2

@serjames: repeating things doesnt make it happen faster, also have some respect for arma2!

This looks very nice. altough i have some tips on how to blend the text better with the texture. I took me a while to figure this out but never use 100% black i always use 131313 or 101010 (a few tints lighter black in PS).

also maybe you can lower the opacity of the roundel a little to that it wont stick out too much > 85/95% !

Edited by larsiano

@larsiano

Thanks for the tip - will look into it for next release.

Also anyone got any opinion on the RAF logo/ writing on the side. It would seem to appear on some Chinooks but not others and we cannot decide whether to keep it or not.

@Bravo93: Konyo is making an Arma3 version as we speak so hold your horses, and dont forget some people might still only use ArmA2

@serjames: repeating things doesnt make it happen faster, also have some respect for arma2!

What ? How can me expressing admiration for a job well done be disrespecting anything ? Don't worry larsiano, I'll remember to ask your permission before I post again..... :rolleyes:

The screens look awesome guys, well done.

One question, do the rksl addons interfere with this?

I go to Blufor > UK armed forces, but instead of royal air force (42 cdo) I have royal air force (RKSL)

I checked every other western air force in the editor and can't seem to find it, yet the mod is enabled in the expansions menu.

I am using PWS if that makes a difference?

I have the feeling it may just be my PC, as I've not seen this issue mentioned elsewhere, but any and all help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Hmm shouldn't interfere I have run with both mods before - the reason it has the (42 cdo) at the end is to stop it interfering with RKSL. I'll take a look today for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thankyou man, but it WAS my PC.

When I installed it through pws it never downloaded the .pbo, uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed this issue, I love the chopper !! :D

I'll do some more research Flax, and do some more config-y things and might try and make the textures a higher quality at some point :3.

-Leeds/Lugi

Not Needed.