Sign in to follow this  

I tried uploading a mission to the Steam Workshop the other night, and because of a video cutscene in HD, it nearly took up half of my storage space. How will this work if we have an entry that is a campaign? With audio and video? Will we actually be able to submit it?

what makes you think that submission will be handled via steam workshop?

There's a newsletter saying so, I believe.

very true, i just checked my e-mail. disregard the above

It's called compression. Look at encoding it with a different codec.

500mb video is pretty big, see if it's truly a worthwhile addition. Don't forget, not everyone has a 1080 monitor yet. You should be ok with 720.

Ok L3TUC3, thanks! As it stands, I'm having horrible problems with getting OGV files to work 100% anyway, so...!

Mind you, submitting a campaign with full audio - I think this might be pushing the workshop to the limit. Even without the video...

Again, with the right compression, smart editing and bitrate you should be able to reduce filesizes significantly.

I have one mission with quite a bit of voicework and it's under 2 megabytes. Half of that is audio, the rest mostly images. The longest sentence is about 30 seconds and is 130kb.

Unless you intend to put in full lossless music tracks you shouldn't getting near a gigabyte. Or you have way too much dialog in a lot of really long missions.

Ok thanks! I'll have to look into that at some point - I have a lot of video, audio, and a lot of images too.

Sign in to follow this