i posted these at the ofpec forums, but no responses yet. so i'll post here too. its just a bunch of questions i have about o2 and ofp modeling in general.
1) is each square on the grid equal to 1m x 1m?
2) about how big is an OFP person in oxygen. if the answer to question #1 is "yes", then how many meters high and wide is a person.
3) i don't understand Resolution LODS completely. is it the higher the number, the more detailed the model? also, i heard that the max number for res. lods is 12.000, is this true? also, are there set numbers i have to use for the LODs, or can i just put 5.673 and 2.465 and OFP will automatically use them whenever needed. also any other tutorials or tips you could give me would help.
4) still looking for a free 3d modeling program you guys use; so if you could recommend one it would help a lot.
5) any function or tool in oxygen i can use to level the model exactly with the ground? i dont really wanna approximate and then have a little space between the ingame model and the ingame ground.
6) i dont see these normals i keep hearing about. do i need to create them, or should they automatically come when i create a face?