Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

H.A.L.O. System

DemonDropper - v1.4.1

UPDATED: Re-Branded as L.E.A.P

DESCRIPTION:

Work-In-Progress. This will be my first official Addon for the ArmA community! This HALO System will allow you to Jump from sub-orbital altitudes over 70,000ft from the mysterious rumored stealth drone "Vampyre". Other standard militray aircraft are also supported, such as the C-130, C17, and Russian IL76.

* Now includes the XHR-1 Vampyre Stealth Sub-Orbital Drone in v1.4!

* Now includes Low-Level, No-Gear-Required, Jumps in v1.2!

* Supported: Lockheed C-130 Hercules download

* Supported: Lockheed C-17 Globemaster v1.3! download

* Supported: Ilyushin Il-76 v1.3 (limited support) download

The included Altimeter will be reading Barometric Pressure. ASL, Above-Sea-Level. You should know the Altitude of the DropZone and plan ahead. Tracking over 2km while in FreeFall is possible; more if under canopy for a HAHO. The jump location and altitude will be random to start. Option to re-route Flight possible. System should work for most ArmA Maps. See Map List below.

There is a helmet-view complete with custom sounds and dramatic environmental effects! Your visor can (and will) fog-up, freeze over, can crack, etc. There will be thermal layers and accurate and varied temperatures displayed for most ArmA Maps and Climates. The temperature will also fluctuate with months, seasons, and time-of-day.

The Altimeter can be displayed by using your 'Watch' button while geared-up in your HALO Gear for any Keyboard or Gaming Controller. If you are NOT Geared-up properly, the JumpMaster will deny your Jump and you will have to recheck and repack your gear. The temperature at extreme altitude can reach -70*F with little to NO Oxygen!

Thermal Jumpsuit, Helmet, and Oxygen Supply IS required. ALL your Gear will be saved and packed into the Pack attached onto your front so you can Jump into the AO fully combat-ready! Water landings possible (and encouraged) for the Black-Ops operative you know you want to be!!! :cool:

Check back for updates and progress reports. More TBA later...

"Getting there is half the fun!"

JumpBuddy I:

• Readouts in FT and M ASL
  • Compass Heading & Arrow
  • GPS Receiver (mapgrid)
  • Weather Radio (wind dir & kts)
  • SaO2 Readout (o2 saturation)
  • 24hr Digital Clock
  • Temperature Readout
  • H.A.L.O. Black/Orange

(The JumpBuddy II and III are also in the works, but will not likely be released until next Fall/Winter if I have time. They will be more on the fictitious-end of the spectrum.)

REQUIRED:

1. CBA Required - Community Based Addons A3

FUTURE PLANS:

1. This will be upgraded into a Module Setup, and absorbed into SpookWarCom.

2. TBA

MAPS SUPPORTED:

-Map Supported: Stratis

-Map Supported: Altis

-Map Supported: Chernarus

-Map Supported: Utes

-Map Supported: Proving Grounds

-Map Supported: Takistan

-Map Supported: Zargabad

-Map Supported: Desert

-Map Supported: Isla Duala

-Map Supported: Shapur

-Map Supported: Fallujah

-Map Supported: Afghan Village

-Map Supported: F.A.T.A Pakistan

-Map Supported: Thirsk

-Map Supported: Thirsk (winter)

-Map Supported: N'Ziwasogo

-Map Supported: Dariyah

-Map Supported: Kalu Khan

-Map Supported: Wamako

-Map Supported: Sturko

-Map Supported: Everon 2014

-Map Supported: Isola Di Capraia

:icon9:KNOWN ISSUES :icon9:

• BIS still has to fix the animations: Ground Landing - you get back up when you should stay prone.
  • BIS still has to fix the animations: Water Landing - the animation is AWFUL! You start to walk like you are on land. Ugh! Hopefully they can fix these soon...
  • Unclear how the Altimeter will display on other screen sizes. Any SafeZone tips? A tad fuzzy on this. This may be a Mod-breaker for some.
  • ONLY works good for several Maps. Not all. More added later. See Changelog.
  • Some MP bugs. (may or may not be related) Weird camShake sometimes, and once in a while the host player will be invisible in aircraft. Kooky.
  • Only human players for now. May add AI compatible later. (very low priority)
  • Can not get 'Side-Chat' thingy to work the way I want for spawned-in Jumpmaster and Crewmaster talking. Any tips?
  • For MP: The HOST pc controls the Jump Lights & Audio. No need to do anything special, just be present in jumpcraft so everyone can see and hear the EFX.
  • Not tested all Maps in List - Should work though (fingers crossed)

DISCLAIMER:

Several virtual soldiers were killed in the making of this Mod. For Sale: Used Parachute; never opened; small stain. Oh, and... Use-At-Your-Own-Risk! I'm not a professional programmer.

NOTES:

Check here at the First Post for official updates. I do not think your notifications will alert you if you are following through a subscription.

Credit & Thanks:

*BIS - for an amazing hobby!

*dr_strangepete - early stages and gear-saving

*cobra4v320 - early stages and gear-saving

CHANGELOG:

v1.4.1

=====================

-Fixed: config sound (partly)

-Removed: Server Keys

v1.4

=====================

-Added: XHR-1 "Vampyre" Sub-Orbital Drone

-Fixed: MP Menu for ALL supported aircraft

-Altimeter: increased 'ON' to 40 seconds

-Removed: Test/Example Editor Mission

v1.3.1

=====================

-fixed MP issue with Menu

-minor misc code tweaks

v1.3

=====================

-NEW: added support for C-17!

-NEW: added support for IL-76*

*limited; not recommended

-Map Supported: Isola Di Capraia

-tweaked Crate (was sunken)

v1.2

=====================

-Signed: Yes; Server Keys Included

-Added: H.A.L.O Crate

-Added: Altimeter (separate object)

-Tweaked: reBreather System

-Tweaked: Misc. Code & EFX

-Changed: Name - VQIHALO1 -> VQI_HALO_C130

-NEW: Para System: Lower-Level Jumps!

(no special HALO equipment needed)

v1.1.2

=====================

-Map Supported: Fallujah

-Map Supported: Afghan Village

-Map Supported: F.A.T.A Pakistan

-Map Supported: Thirsk

-Map Supported: Thirsk (winter)

-Map Supported: N'Ziwasogo

-Map Supported: Dariyah

-Map Supported: Kalu Khan

-Map Supported: Wamako

-Map Supported: Sturko

-Map Supported: Everon 2014

Sound: Tweeked

Added: HALO Equipment into C130

(crate is NOT showing up)

v1.1.1

=====================

-fixed upload of wrong files

v1.1

=====================

-Added: Map-Click Flight option!

-Added: Wait for GREEN/GO, or off-course!

-1st or 3rd-Person Now Ready!

-Sound: tweaked some files

-Sound: Added another Open Chute

-Sound: Added different Wind/Air

-Removed Debug Hints

-License added to clarify

-Misc code & mission tweaks

v1.0.1

=====================

-fixed config/uniform issue

-added classname.txt File

v1

=====================

-Updated: Test/Example Editor-Mission

-Night JumpLighting in C-130 (random)

-Map Supported: Stratis

-Map Supported: Altis

-Map Supported: Chernarus

-Map Supported: Utes

-Map Supported: Proving Grounds

-Map Supported: Takistan

-Map Supported: Zargabad

-Map Supported: Desert

-Map Supported: Isla Duala

-Map Supported: Shapur

-Added NATO Wetsuit to pass inspection

-Updated: Jumpmastre Chat (still WIP)

-Updated: Crewmastre Chat (still WIP)

-Added: NightLightng for Ground C-130

-Added: Lighting Button for Ground C-130

-Tweaked Fogged & Ice Crystals layers

-Crate Updated (Black Ops [Temp] - WIP)

-Code Tweaked for C-130 on USS Nimitz

-Added: Flight/Jump Marker SITREP

-Added: more cool Audio Files! (SP/MP-)

-Increased Cargo Capacity in Rebreather

-Added: Compass Arrow (still WIP)

-Fixed Sound (echo issues)

-Numerous Minor Code Tweaks!

v0.1.1

=====================

-fixed minor BIS bug in Editor

v0.1 BETA

=====================

-first public release

LICENSE:

*PRIVATE USE ONLY! Any changes or alterations, in whole or in part, in ANY way; is strictly forbidden. Use At Your Own Risk.

(In other words, DO NOT make money off this. And never ever re-release to the public if changes are made. Share in private only, or post suggestions, code, ideas, etc. in forums. Thank You.)

VQI-DemonDropper-v1.4.1:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Von Quest
CLOSED - Check sig for Current Version

There was something similar to the c130"taxi" in arms 2 I think it was jtk halo. You should talk to him about working with him or if you can use his information. Because it's really close to what you are wanting to do.

Concept's cool, just don't use the helicopter pilot helmet.. It's not used for these things.

Concept's cool, just don't use the helicopter pilot helmet.. It's not used for these things.

This Addon will be open-source (just scripts/files/folders), so you can use/change any gear you want.

That Helmet (forget name) just looks so damn cool for this. Seemed fitting. A Mod version won't

(if ever) be released until later. For now, I just wanted to use vanilla gear to start. That 3rd pic

is just a proof-of-concept that is planned for the (possible) Full-Mod version.

Personnaly i love the concept to have more stuff for the halo and if your mod add more realism to the HALO i will use it ;)

And to be honest i think the ItsThomas is totaly right i know that the navy seal use their own FAST helmet for the HALO ( http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-57qLSkdt3C4/UR6TCewFe1I/AAAAAAAAF7k/wQMXNN8u8Ug/s1600/kmCh7.jpg )

you could consider modelling the mask the guy's wearing and use that one, along with special goggles, instead. :) that way we wouldn't have to wear the rebreather & the helicopter pilot helmet

Awesome idea just wondering if you'll be revamping the under canopy physics? If so badass!!

Sounds great.

I just wonder if, one day, we will be able to actually be INSIDE the plane before jumping, and not simply being in cargo, and suddenly outside, the ArmA way.

Something like that :

Because this adds a whole new level to the concept, and immersion in general.

Sounds great.

I just wonder if, one day, we will be able to actually be INSIDE the plane before jumping, and not simply being in cargo, and suddenly outside, the ArmA way.

Because this adds a whole new level to the concept, and immersion in general.

YES! I should clarify. You WILL be IN the C-130 at extreme altitude before you Jump. NO, gimicks or "tricks". You will actually

be walking around in the Cargo-Hold of the Aircraft; and everyone can just run off the Ramp when the Light goes green, or

whenever they want. I'm probably going to add IF you jump before the Green Light you'll be thrown off course somewhere. :icon_evil:

I ran out of time to show more Screenshots. Will add more next weekend maybe... This is wicked cool stuff!!!

YES! I should clarify. You WILL be IN the C-130 at extreme altitude before you Jump. NO, gimicks or "tricks". You will actually

be walking around in the Cargo-Hold of the Aircraft; and everyone can just run off the Ramp when the Light goes green, or

whenever they want. I'm probably going to add IF you jump before the Green Light you'll be thrown off course somewhere. :icon_evil:

I ran out of time to show more Screenshots. Will add more next weekend maybe... This is wicked cool stuff!!!

Then i'm amazed.

Can't wait to see all this in action.

MP Fixed. Should now be MP ready. Fingers crossed. Tricky getting all PCs to use addAction and the same

Random Variables so everyone matches with spawned-in created objects.

Edited by Goblin

goblin i have purposely not attempted to do a halo jump in arma 3 until your mod is completed. My 5 teammates and I are eagerly awaiting the release.

Very impressive i must say. You ever think about about doing a stand alone mod about Goggles? ... like get the same effect u get wearing your helmet in this mod but with glasses and other goggles? Would give the game a pretty cool realism effect.

Very impressive i must say. You ever think about about doing a stand alone mod about Goggles? ... like get the same effect u get wearing your helmet in this mod but with glasses and other goggles? Would give the game a pretty cool realism effect.

LHM Glasses by LordHeart can be found here. Pretty cool stuff.

Very cool Goblin, lots of great ideas.

Never would have made it this far without you buddy! Big props to Cobra for the original

Gear-Saving and Backpack inspiration.

Hi!

Isn't the ventral backpack from another addon?

Did you ask the author's authorization, or, at least, credit him?

Looks like something promising by the way!

Can we see this not only c-130j but c-17?

The first release will just be the C-130J from theebu. I can try and add the C-17

later if you guys want. Wasn't planning in it, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

I already moved onto my Sniper project, but will be re-visiting and updating over

the summer. All the measurements, and things are based off his C-130J so it would

take a little tinkering to add/adjust. Once released you are free to modify how you

want. It'll just be an open-source scripts/files so tinker away as you wish.

It may be as easy as changing the classname (only 2 places I think). We'll see...

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

Hi!

Isn't the ventral backpack from another addon?

Did you ask the author's authorization, or, at least, credit him?

Looks like something promising by the way!

No. This project goes back to July of '13. Thanks for the heads-up. Can't believe I missed that addon.

The backpack 'on-the-front' goes back much much further. It's not an original idea. Wish it was ArmA

default though. Not sure why BIS would let you paradrop into the AO and not keep your backpack.

Not sure how the other system works. But this one just takes whatever Backpack you may (or may not)

have and puts it on your front and a parachute on your back after you pass inspection from the Jumpmaster.

The biggest help on this project goes to dr_strangepete and Cobra4v320. Almost all of their original code

has now been completely rewritten, tweeked, deleted, and changed so much over the months that I don't

think too much has survived since last July. This has evolved into something so much bigger now...

It's ok goblin, I didn't want to imply anything there. ;)

I'm curious to see how it will work in your addon! (I believe the other one uses "attachTo" to get it done, but this command has its limits when used on moving characters.)