Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

Looks like the last update broke the MP for me as well. Sorry guys...

Will have to take a look under the hood and fix it.

This mod is absolutely amazing, I'm only experiencing 2 problems though:

1) The AI and such work for me in MP, however on a dedicated server, the effects like redlight, greenlight and the audio stuff in the cargo don't work. It's just a dark cargo hull with nothing calling out the greenlight and such. This is a shame because it'd be amazing for my unit.

2) When going for the second jump after landing, we can't select a HALO or parajump spot because we get the "Cannot connect to positioning system" instead of the map, even though it's in our inventory.

Keep up the great work, this is one of my favorite addons.

MP still broken. Only one player (1st to join or Admin) has the scroll wheel options. No one else sees these options and therefore the mod is unusable in MP. Using C17, but I don't think it would work any better with the C130 as I think the bug is an under the hood issue, not related to the objects in game.

Yes.

I'll upload the MP fix by Friday. Maybe when I get home if I have time today. I'll also add my "Vampyre" high-alt stealth drone as well. Its still WIP, but you can use it for super sneaky high tech role play, plus remove the dependancy of other aircraft.

UPDATE: v1.4

Changelog v1.4

=====================

-Added: XHR-1 "Vampyre" Sub-Orbital Drone

-Fixed: MP Menu for ALL supported aircraft

-Altimeter: increased 'ON' to 40 seconds

-Removed: Test/Example Editor Mission

Fix the MP Menu issue for now. Added the mysterious "Vampyre" Stealth Sub-Orbital HALO/Reconnaissance Drone. Turns out, the grainy internet photos ARE indeed real. The drone as been rumored to be lurking around the Mediterranean. Believed to be testing and stationed at the NATO Stratis Airbase. Also removed the test/example mission for now. My PC keeps locking up when trying to load both the old and new one. Will add it back in later. Enjoy! :cool:

Thank you very much for sending us the update :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Damn it! Okay, just played with updated HALO. Looks like its broken again already!

Sooo sick of chasing problems all the time. Anyone else?

I added the stealth drone, but it still says there are two of them. And the config

is screwed up now. Had it working good for a few weeks now. F%$^&k!!!!!

Anyone know why it does this? All I did was change the name and updated all the

paths, etc. And its Broke. :mad:

Damn it! Okay, just played with updated HALO. Looks like its broken again already!

Sooo sick of chasing problems all the time. Anyone else?

I added the stealth drone, but it still says there are two of them. And the config

is screwed up now. Had it working good for a few weeks now. F%$^&k!!!!!

Anyone know why it does this? All I did was change the name and updated all the

paths, etc. And its Broke. :mad:

Hehe, the only other issue I've found so far is that the icon for the stealth drone doesn't appear in the editor at times.

Yeah, the HALO mission didn´t work... thought it was any of my activated mods, but if Goblin is screaming, so the mod is broken =P

Reverted to v1.3.1 and the HALO worked as a charm.... well, this is BIS, sometimes scripts works, other doesn´t ;D

I'll give the new one a shot on the same mission I'm using for my unofficial mission with the 15th MEU. Thanks for the update, you are one of the best devs out there for immersion based projects!

I've tried to make this mode work in millon ways but it seems i've something wrong with my Arma III.

I've done everything as the Readme says but when I try the mission on my editor the crew is not there not even the crate. It seems that the mode don't start.

am I doing something wrong? does my version of Arma III is the problem??

I can add the crate in my editor and take all the equimpent but i can make all the mode work.

anyone have an idea of what can be happening ??

UPDATE

v1.4.1

=====================

-Fixed: config sound

-Removed: server keys

Not sure why the editor/test mission doesn't work. Its a BIS thing. I also removed Server Keys. If using on a server (which it won't work anyway I'm guessing), just sign it yourself. The other Aircraft should work just fine. I fixed the Drone config. Most of the problem was on my end and was effecting unreleased content with this HALO Mod and my Diver Mod. I was kinda freaking out over nothing.

@BLACKONE

What Aircraft do you want to use? And where are you downloading from? Lets start there. If you can access the Crate, I'm guessing you DO have the Mod itself installed and ENABLED?

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Goblin, you´re kinda out of luck, cus v1.4.1. still doesn´t work... I´ve loaded VQI Halo mod with only CBA and theebu´s C130J, and put the Vampire, named it right, and when I preview the mission, there´s no loadmaster or other AI to proceed the HALO jumping... if I revert back to v1.3.1. everything works fine =P

Cheers!

I got the vampyre to work very well. Just Placed it and Named it. The load master and Halo Equip Pallet appeared outside the rear gate after about 15-20 seconds. (note: why not include the actual parachute packs in with your halo quip. All I found were the rebreather, slipstream suit, helmet and alt). Loadmaster properly checked equip and a preflight tech inside Initiated the flight.

The jump work perfect....tons of turbulence, helmet and frosted visor worked well. Altimeter was positioned a little low on the screen to properly see the orange display. Other than that it worked beautifully.

The only weird thing I experienced was a sound config spam: config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sound.scope... both upon Arma 3 startup & placing Vampyre in editor.

Nice work Goblin,

B

Will this work on a dedicated server in a future update? I would love to use this with my unit.

;2810083']Goblin' date=' you´re kinda out of luck, cus v1.4.1. still doesn´t work... I´ve loaded VQI Halo mod with only CBA and theebu´s C130J, and put the Vampire, named it right, and when I preview the mission, there´s no loadmaster or other AI to proceed the HALO jumping... if I revert back to v1.3.1. everything works fine =P

Cheers![/quote']

Where can I find the 1.3.1 version that works?

The current version should work just fine. You can not have more than one aircraft for the HALO. Just use one. At least I don't think it'll work with multiple aircraft. I can check again, but other than a few tiny bugs, it was working fine on last check.

Have a bug I have been experiencing for a while now and thought I would post it. Basically when I try to open the altimeter it blinks for a second then it disappears when I press O. I am pretty sure its just a mod conflict and its fine because I have been using another altimeter for a while now but I greatly prefer yours. I have tried pinpointing the mod causing the issue but it seems to be random. I would have it working for one jump with certain mods then the next one the problem would happen again. Any help would be appreciated, thanks and keep up the great work!

You're using another Altimeter? You're cheating on me!? :p

I will look into it. Why are you pressing O? What does that do? (I use a gaming controller for ArmA)

You're using another Altimeter? You're cheating on me!? :p

I will look into it. Why are you pressing O? What does that do? (I use a gaming controller for ArmA)

That is the watch key that shows the altimeter. And I wish I didnt have to because every other system uses meters and I prefer feet :P

Derp. I should have known that. Sorry. I was thinking about something else...

I'll be looking at options for the Altimeter, but it may not be for a while. I will be absorbing this into my Module Project and will have User Friendly options you can select from there. I'll look into user-preferred key bindings, with the options to select a hold or toggle. Also be able to select FT or M as well for the readouts. Maybe colors and styles too.