Description

What is XLib?

XLib is a script/module/functionality libary accessible for anybody

Modules inside (for a functions list please visit the Wiki):
  • X39_GM_Insurgency_Avoid_Module
  • X39_XLib_GarbageCollector
  • X39_XLib_Resupply
  • X39_XLib_AmmoCaches
  • So im a modder, what benefit i get from your mod?

First of all, THX for your interest! Please report bugs inside of this thread ^^
    check it by yourself: http://wiki.x39.io/index.php?title=XLib

Downloads

Other mirrors

Changelog

ADDED
    |- reduntant function X39_XLib_fnc_scalarToBool (exists also as X39_XLib_fnc_intToBool)
    \- "Display Name/Rank" Module --> Displays name (up to 50 meter) & rank (up to 100 meter) of any unit on the side of the player on the HUD
    FIXED
    \- InsurgencyModule groupRecreation if old group got deleted was not creating a RED;COMBAT group
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- GarbageCollector module icon
    ADDED
    |- function X39_XLib_fnc_executeLocalToUnit - Executes !SMALL! commands automatically local to given unit
    |- class "x39_itemcore" which can be used to add simple items to the game which wont do anything
    |v- RequestSystem --> Allows a modder to ask simple Accept/Deny questions to the player in a non blocking way (no UI is generated! Its a HUD element like the hint is)
    |\- function X39_XLib_fnc_createAcceptRequest - Creates a new Accept/Deny dialog for given target
    |v- InsurgencyModule
    ||- minDistanceToPlayableUnitsForSpawn (MDTPUFS) option - Sets how far a newly spawned unit should be away before it is allowed to spawn
    ||- maxDistanceToUnitGrid option - Sets the max distance an insurgency unit is allowed to walk away from its original grid before it gets despawned
    |\- maxDistanceToOwner option - Sets the max distance an insurgency unit is allowed to walk away from its 'Owner' (the unit which triggered the spawn) before it gets despawned
    \- function X39_XLib_fnc_damageTypeFromProjectile - Returns UNKNOWN, BULLET, GRENADE, SHELL or EXPLOSIVE depending on the projectile type
    FIXED
    |- ActionMenu opens other interaction menu when nothing has been targeted
    \- modProperties menus TYPE_COMBOBOX did not worked propper in selection menu
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- ActionDisplay will close if there is no actions to display
    ADDED
    FIXED
    |- 0000060: Clicking self/other interaction multiple times will cause unwanted feature
    \- X39_XLib_fnc_unregisterKey param1 default value is now -1 instead of 0 (was possible to abuse the function easily)
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- ActionDisplay will close if there is no actions to display
    ADDED
    FIXED
    |- ActionDialog feature sometimes overwrites actions when they are registered BEFORE the ActionDialogs init has been processed
    |- KeyCatcher feature sometimes overwrites keys when they are registered BEFORE the keyCatchers init has been processed
    \- KeyCatcher feature sometimes throws script issues when keys are registered BEFORE the keyCatchers init has been processed
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- ActionDialog is now using ctrlSetEventHandler instead of buttonSetAction so that now SQF is supported ... (stupid arma ...)
    ADDED
    FIXED
    \- game crash when addon gets loaded without XMS2 (include file path was still refering to an old file)
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    ADDED
    |v- KeyCatcher feature (automatic key catching without the need of integrating custom keyEventHandlers)
    ||- function X39_XLib_fnc_unregisterKey
    |\- function X39_XLib_fnc_registerKey
    |v- ActionDialog Feature (generic dialog available for anybody and accessable by simply adding new actions via script commands)
    ||- New entry in properties panel to configure the self/others interaction key
    |\- function X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction
    \- function X39_XLib_fnc_convertCodeToString which converts a code (for example: '{hint "BLABLA"}') to a string (keeping the example: '"hint ""BLABLA"""')
    FIXED
    \- Escape cant be selected as key anymore (still dont know why you guys always chose it ...)
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    ADDED
    \- AmmoCaches modules endMission is now optional (default: disabled) + you can choose the end type
    FIXED
    \- InsurgencyModule is not spawning units after a random period of time (was caused by a deletion of the group so that the module tried to spawn units in a NULL group)
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    ADDED
    FIXED
    \- AmmoCaches module is not working because of a not broadcasted variable
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- AmmoCaches module will now end the mission when all caches got destroyed using "end1"
    ADDED
    \- Ammo caches module
    FIXED
    \- Insurgency module freaks out when to many units are spawned (should! untested)
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    \- Insurgency module will now despawn units if player is to far away from spawner insurgency objects
    ADDED
    |- ui base class RscMultiColumnListBox
    |- multiple new functions
    \- mod properties feature
    FIXED
    REMOVED
    CHANGED
    0.1.4 BETA
    * added function X39_XLib_fnc_intToBool
    * new parameter options for X39_XLib_fnc_getUnitsBearing
    0.1.3 BETA
    * added function X39_XLib_fnc_getUnitsBearing
    * added module: Resupply
    * removed wrong dependency on XActionUI (sorry for this)
    0.1.2 BETA
    * finnalized the GM_Insurgency module set
    * added example mission for GM_Insurgency module set
    * added example mission for the GarbageCollector module
    0.1.1 BETA
    * combined XLib with XEventSystem
    * changed some stuff on the GM_Insurgency module which fixed some problems
    * added GarbageCollector module (removes dead units, dropped items, empty groups)
    0.1.1 BETA
    * RELEASE

Feedback/Suggestions/Bug reports are welcome!
    https://github.com/X39/XLib/issues

kindly regards
    X39

88x31.png
    XLib by X39 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Edited by x39
release 1.2.5

One feature this would need is a profile limiter parameter, if it isn't added or planned to be added already. In other words, it would be ideal if it had a setting that limited the amount of AI profiles that can be active at a given time, that way players spreading out across the map spawning units everywhere is done in a more controlled manner, reducing chances of lag spikes and frame stuttering.

One feature this would need is a profile limiter parameter, if it isn't added or planned to be added already. In other words, it would be ideal if it had a setting that limited the amount of AI profiles that can be active at a given time, that way players spreading out across the map spawning units everywhere is done in a more controlled manner, reducing chances of lag spikes and frame stuttering.

not sure what you want to have : /

please go more in detail what you mean with a "profile limiter parameter"

Thanks a lot for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v.0.1 beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@xlib.png

@ x39;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

not sure what you want to have : /

please go more in detail what you mean with a "profile limiter parameter"

I think he means like ALiVE system has a "maximum number of profiles" that controls how many can be spawned into game at any one time. This way if you have it on a dedicated server with 40 players, for instance, and the players are moving all over different parts of the map, it keeps the maximum number of AI down to a reasonable number. Else you might have 40 players x 10 man insurgent squads = 400 AI on the map all at the same time. If you set "maximum number" (groups or individual units or whatever) down to say 100 units then 40 players x 10 man insurgent squads = 400 100 max.

I'm assuming this module is dedi compatible?

Suscribing to your newsletter :p

Also in addition to a spawn limiter one of the 'problems' with some Insurgency missions is that players flying overhead will cause enemies to spawn.. not sure if this is something you have considered.

I haven't tried this out yet as I am not home, but I'm wondering.. Is it possible to set the module down to place all the caches but not have it spawn enemies?

I haven't tried this out yet as I am not home, but I'm wondering.. Is it possible to set the module down to place all the caches but not have it spawn enemies?

As currently only the units are spawned xd

No

As currently only the units are spawned xd

No

Yep just realized that.. :( damn.. hope it can place caches soon! Would really love to give this ago

Release 0.1.1

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3pa3r13gewnw6ig/XLib_0.1.1_BETA.zip

Changelog

0.1.1 BETA
* Combined XLib with XEventSystem
* Changed some stuff on the GM_Insurgency module which fixed some problems
* added GarbageCollector module (removes dead units, dropped items, empty groups)

New update v.0.1.1 beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@xlib.png

@ x39;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks a lot for informing us about the updated version again mate :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

a couple of errors in the RPT file from the latest build

Conflicting addon X39_GM_Insurgency in 'x39_xlib_modules\', previous definition in 'x39_gm_insurgency\'Warning Message: Addon 'X39_GM_Insurgency' requires addon 'X39_ActionUi_Scripting'

The second is a warning on startup.

If I run with @XActionUI I get no error. - Armaholic nor here show any sign of required addon, thought you might like to know.

Looking forward to the future with this one.... thanks.

a couple of errors in the RPT file from the latest build

Conflicting addon X39_GM_Insurgency in 'x39_xlib_modules\', previous definition in 'x39_gm_insurgency\'Warning Message: Addon 'X39_GM_Insurgency' requires addon 'X39_ActionUi_Scripting'

The second is a warning on startup.

If I run with @XActionUI I get no error. - Armaholic nor here show any sign of required addon, thought you might like to know.

Looking forward to the future with this one.... thanks.

Yep youre right

Sorry for this ( stupid mistake by me : / will be fixed in next version as the module is not requiring XActionUI ( plain c&p of config files can lead into problems)

Alright So I want to get my Unit to test this but something is going on with the insurgency module. I can get the Opfor Units to despawn on load up but when i get in the distance to make them spawn they do not. Am I suppose to Sync the units to the Module or the module to the units or does it not matter and does it work with maps in A3MP? or do I have to stick with Arma 3 Maps. Im not using All in Arma as well, just the A3MP also, does it work with Addon Units or do I have to use the Default units that came with the game. As well I am using Single Player to test at the moment I don't have anything in Headless client section what am I suppose to put there? Your Wiki didn't give much information about this I did everything step by step from the wiki and the Info given by the module and it seams to not work. I really want my Unit to start using this so any awsner on how to fix this would be most appreciated and good system by the way.

Thanks

Edited by MilitaryPolice

Alright So I want to get my Unit to test this but something is going on with the insurgency module. I can get the Opfor Units to despawn on load up but when i get in the distance to make them spawn they do not. Am I suppose to Sync the units to the Module or the module to the units or does it not matter and does it work with maps in A3MP? or do I have to stick with Arma 3 Maps. Im not using All in Arma as well, just the A3MP also, does it work with Addon Units or do I have to use the Default units that came with the game. As well I am using Single Player to test at the moment I don't have anything in Headless client section what am I suppose to put there? Your Wiki didn't give much information about this I did everything step by step from the wiki and the Info given by the module and it seams to not work. I really want my Unit to start using this so any awsner on how to fix this would be most appreciated and good system by the way.

Thanks

usually you can leave everything to default (there is nearly no information about this module because its not finished :F)

the module works for ALL maps (but not all are map config files contain the size of a map meaning that you need to move into the topright edge and enter the larger number into the first field if youre using for example zargabat)

that the units are not spawning correctly in the current release is already known (and partly fixed in dev build but there are still glitches ...)

as soon as the module is finished

the documentation will be up as well ^^

so stay tuned

Alright, yea I think that was it I wasn't Running Dev Build. My Unit will switch to the most up to date version once it is release. But thanks for the Hard work and quick reply.

Thanks,

R. Bruce, USA

Major

42nd Air Assault Regiment

Executive Officer

I like the insurgency module, but I keep wondering: why do we have to choose both the enemy faction ánd sync units to the module? why cant we just sync units to the module? I was trying to get PMC units to spawn as enemies but unless the units are from the same faction as selected in the module you'll get the error 'no units synced'

& will you add support for multiple 'avoid' modules at some point?

Edited by ltsThomas

I like the insurgency module, but I keep wondering: why do we have to choose both the enemy faction ánd sync units to the module? why cant we just sync units to the module? I was trying to get PMC units to spawn as enemies but unless the units are from the same faction as selected in the module you'll get the error 'no units synced'

& will you add support for multiple 'avoid' modules at some point?

you already can place multiple avoid modules (just dont forget to synch them)

there was a reason why you needed to put the enemies side into this module ^^

with this i try to prevent DAU users to synch units from different factions with the module as the groups are created on the side you provide here

will also release an update of XLib today which finally fixes the module (already created the wiki entries for both modules: X39_GM_Insurgency_fnc_module_X39_GM_Insurgency, X39_GM_Insurgency_fnc_module_X39_GM_Insurgency_Avoid and now i saw that those pages i created are for the functions of the modules + i already created two smaller pages for both: X39_GM_Insurgency_Module, X39_GM_Insurgency_Avoid_Module -.-* me stupid)

now also got the page for the GarbageCollector module up:

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Release 0.1.2

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzdm98a26z4az6s/XLib_0.1.2_BETA.zip

Changelog:

0.1.2 BETA* finnalized the GM_Insurgency module set

Edited by X39
gnargh -.-

Thanks a lot for informing us about the updated version again mate :cool:

you already can place multiple avoid modules (just dont forget to synch them)

there was a reason why you needed to put the enemies side into this module ^^

with this i try to prevent DAU users to synch units from different factions with the module as the groups are created on the side you provide here

will also release an update of XLib today which finally fixes the module (already created the wiki entries for both modules: X39_GM_Insurgency_fnc_module_X39_GM_Insurgency, X39_GM_Insurgency_fnc_module_X39_GM_Insurgency_Avoid and now i saw that those pages i created are for the functions of the modules + i already created two smaller pages for both: X39_GM_Insurgency_Module, X39_GM_Insurgency_Avoid_Module -.-* me stupid)

now also got the page for the GarbageCollector module up:

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Release 0.1.2

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzdm98a26z4az6s/XLib_0.1.2_BETA.zip

Changelog:

0.1.2 BETA* finnalized the GM_Insurgency module set

I am confused.. Does this module not create the caches for people to destroy but only spawn enemies?

I am confused.. Does this module not create the caches for people to destroy but only spawn enemies?

yep

the caches will come in a seperated module

I keep getting the 'no unit synced' error (100% there's units synced) & it seems that once your going away from a grid, it doesn't become red again. nor do new grids you enter at that point become orange.

Could be because im in editor preview mode?