Sign in to follow this  
derakoren

[MP] WASP Warfare CTI

WASPWarfare_BIS128.png

ABOUT MISSION

Welcome to WASP Warfare mission development thread for Arma III. The development of this mission was begun from 16.03.2013, when ARMA III had Alpha state.

The mission is designed to play in multiplayer. The main objective of the

mission is to destroy the enemy by any means. You can capture the entire island.

In order to achieve the main goal, you need to develop your network of bases,

capture towns for suppluys, destroy enemy bases, upgrade your bases, etc.

In the role of squad leader , you can:

- Recruit a squad of soldiers.

- Buy the weapon, uniforms, tools for yourself.

- Create the ambushes wherever it is necessary.

- Support the troops on the ground with artillery, aviation and naval forces.

In the role of base commander ( including everything what has been said above ) :

- Building of new bases.

- Build defenses around a base.

- Perform upgrades in order to get the access to new weapons and vehicles.

SCREENSHOT

930978729.jpg
351846524.jpg
36116719.jpg
185702158.jpg

399114766.jpg
257564560.jpg
152168187.jpg
861027737.jpg

CHANGELOG

Version 0.209.2:

- [Fixed] Respawn Script for Player backup from 0.208, for AI TeamLeaders - new, from 0.209

- [Fixed] AI Units in Vehicles (Respawned in Towns) don't fire by Enemy

- [Fixed] After Dead UpgadeBar Title Script have Error, Client Loop Error and not Update

- [Added] Added FIA Armed SUV to West side (Data Files Changed)

- [Added] Vehicles Respawn near MHQ on Mission Start (Ambulance, Transport, Turret Vehicle)

Version 0.209.1:

- [Fixed] Double Respawn Script

- [Fixed] AI TeamLeaders Disabled on Altis

Version 0.209:

- [Added] Add Payment Function, show on economy bar

- [Changed] Town Payment Calculate by Payment function

- [Changed] Town Respawn AI Groups Set to Minimal (Light: 1 Group, 0

Vehicle, -1 Heavy)

- [Added] Show Upgrade Run

- [Added] EventHandler HQ Killed

- [Added] EventHandler HQ Damaged

- [Added] EventHandler Building Killed - Work Not Correct

- [Added] EventHandler Building Damaged

- [Added] Get Building Information Function by Type

- [Changed] Now Data Folder and Files Opened, give possibility use

Weapon, Units and Vehicles addons

- [Changed] Client Loop repeat every 1/3 second

- [Added] Can Run Mission on not Dedicated Server

- [Added] AI TeamLeaders

- [Added] AI TeamLeaders have main task "TakeTowns"

- [Changed] AI Check Nearest Enemy Town to Change Task every 30sec

- [Added] Ambulance Data File for Respawn point

- [Added] AI TeamLeaders Respawn on Nearest Respawn Point

- [Added] Indicate Respawn point Function

- [Added] Transfer Money Function (Client > Server > Booth

Clients)

DOWNLOAD

MANUAL

CONTACT

ABOUT US

Wasp team was found in 2010. In the end of 2012 WASP team changed its

status to community.The founders of WASP squad are from Ukraine and Russia (the

backbone). However we have a lot of members from the Western part of Europe.

The mainstream of WASP community was always 'CTI' mode. Arma 3 did not become

the exception. Currently we have several servers for Arma 2 and Arma 3 games

where everyone can try our missions.

Developers:

- DeraKOren : Main coder (Wrote the core mission)

- Spayker : Second assistant script writer

- Goga : Work with configs and work on images and textures

Testers:

_Romen_, MorpheuZ, Tras, vano, Georg, Yurap, Stiksis , nAh, Damage, Hagen, Skillos, pink piggy, Daweis and other (write later).

Team Members:

Spayker, DeraKOren, Goga, _Romen_, Kill(o)metr, Stisksis, Dead, MorpheuZ, Tras, vano IceMan.

Edited by derakoren
Addon Tutorial Link Added
  • Like 2

Maybe I forgot something but I can't seem to run this mission in MP

I'm going through the briefing, click continue and then I see the Wasp Warfare logo with a background and nothing else happens.

I'm using the latest version 0.206.

Edit: Downloaded 0.204 and it's exactly the same.

Cheers

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

Maybe I forgot something but I can't seem to run this mission in MP

I'm going through the briefing, click continue and then I see the Wasp Warfare logo with a background and nothing else happens.

I'm using the latest version 0.206.

Edit: Downloaded 0.204 and it's exactly the same.

Cheers

Hello, where you try to start mission on dedicated server or Local server, where you PC is Server? And what map Altis or Stratis? In our server 0.206 and all work. You can check self "WASP Test Warfare Server".

Local server with my PC as host, 0.206 and 0.204 for altis won't continue past the logo screen.

Mission for dedicated Server, we don't do for local host.

Just start dedicated server on you PC:

1. Copy mission in "Arma3\MPMissions" folder.

2. Start "Arma 3\arma3server.exe".

3. Start arma 3 and find your server.

Enjoy!

Hi. Add please some video with the demonstration of the main gameplay parts.

Thanks.

Hey derakoren,

After the start of the mission I have this error: Undefined expression: _timeend,and i can't respawn :(

What is the problem ? :confused:

Thank you for your answer !

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI
added description of my problem

Hey derakoren,

After the start of the mission I have this error: Undefined expression: _timeend,and i can't respawn :(

What is the problem ? :confused:

Thank you for your answer !

Thx man, i check this and give you answer so fast how i can.

Looks very promising, unfortunately i cannot run it on my linux server because of many file name case issues (for example, it searches for MFMenu.hpp but the file is called MFmenu.hpp)

You may rename those files. Just use pbo packer/unpacker for these purposes.

The missions have been updated to v0.207. The changelog and missions are located in the first post of this thread. Lot of bug fixes plus several additional features.

You may rename those files. Just use pbo packer/unpacker for these purposes.

I've tried to manually rename some of the files, but it seems to be more than a few required renames.

If i make it linux compatible and send the changes in git-compatible patch, will you import them?

Any plans of headless client implementation?

btw. looks great! Will definitely put your map on our server! :cool:

Edited by Numrollen

Any plans of headless client implementation?

btw. looks great! Will definitely put your map on our server! :cool:

If you mean local client version, maybe but not now, firstly need optimize MP code for better play. If you mean something else i do not understand you.

Local Client version? Hmm no :P

It is a client "server" that takes over the ai from the server. server have more space (power) for something else and the ai running on other cpu cores. technical its like a player buy some ai and the ai are now computed local by the players pc. best suited of the headless client runs on the same server(pc) like the dedicated server or a server that is directly connected over LAN (1GBit) with the dedicated server. we run HC nearly 1 year now with as many missions as possible and the performance of the server is much better then without it. many big clans use it.

I hope i could explain it good enough.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149412-Arma-3-Headless-Client

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mission-development/192601-headless-client-made-easy.html

I like this wasp cti/warfare..

This is currently our favorite game type/map. Currently, running a Linux server, we are unable to change the start time... the server launches fine but when clients connect their games hard lock and need to be terminated via the task manager. I assume this might be related to the above case-sensitivity issues, so I am highly anticipating an updated version where the file names have been fixed.

Apart from that, keep up the excellent work! We can't wait to see how WASP Warfare CTI evolves in the future.

:cool: :yay:

we tested the mission today. We had some performance problems when several citys get attacked at the same time, too many ai are on the server. would be really great if you can read in the headless client.

- Sometimes if i bought ammo and my west was full and he wanted to add ammo to my backpack, he deleted stuff from my backpack and add ammo there.

- ai are a bit dump and too easy. you can wipe out hole citys with 3 AT guys. later if you can buy tanks you need 1 tank for the hole city. would be cool if they counter attack an attack.

- what is the supply upgrade? increases the supply per minute?

we tested the mission today. We had some performance problems when several citys get attacked at the same time, too many ai are on the server. would be really great if you can read in the headless client.

- Sometimes if i bought ammo and my west was full and he wanted to add ammo to my backpack, he deleted stuff from my backpack and add ammo there.

- ai are a bit dump and too easy. you can wipe out hole citys with 3 AT guys. later if you can buy tanks you need 1 tank for the hole city. would be cool if they counter attack an attack.

Mission at the moment is far from optimized and still has many bugs , in this respect, buying weapons menu is no exception. Since there are so many bugs , but we first fix bugs related to optimization. Therefore editing menu weapons purchases I'll last, since it would take a lot of time .

About AI , according to recent tests was observed subsidence FPS on the client side with the use of artillery and of course because of the creation of bots when activated , we are now working on it.

Thank you all for your help in identifying bugs and taking part in the testing

I've tried to manually rename some of the files, but it seems to be more than a few required renames.

If i make it linux compatible and send the changes in git-compatible patch, will you import them?

It's hard to answer right now. You may send to me the list of those files firstly. I'll check them and then will reply to you.

Concerning HC: where can I get the latest version of HC for Arma 3? I'm interesting in script's part of it in order to join all spawned AI's to HC side during the match.

Is there a way to adjust the view distance from the menu? It will be great in the use of aircrafts to operate effectively.

Mission at the moment is far from optimized and still has many bugs , in this respect, buying weapons menu is no exception. Since there are so many bugs , but we first fix bugs related to optimization. Therefore editing menu weapons purchases I'll last, since it would take a lot of time .

About AI , according to recent tests was observed subsidence FPS on the client side with the use of artillery and of course because of the creation of bots when activated , we are now working on it.

Thank you all for your help in identifying bugs and taking part in the testing

Some notes with the Linux server:

• Wrote a script to rename all filenames within the .SQF files to be case sensitive with the file names in the directories
  • Timers are not correct, commander selection takes 3 minutes and researching upgrades take upwards of 6-8
  • Enemy infantry spawns about 200m above the ground and fall to their deaths
  • Voting window is not able to be opened after the first vote, it pops open and then immediately closes

I can provide a link to my filename normalization script if you want, it recurses though all directories in the PBO (extracted) and for each filename it searches through all files for a case insensitive match to that name and changes it to match whatever the file is actually called accounting for case sensitivity. Might speed up that aspect of the development process.

Some notes with the Linux server:

I can provide a link to my filename normalization script if you want, it recurses though all directories in the PBO (extracted) and for each filename it searches through all files for a case insensitive match to that name and changes it to match whatever the file is actually called accounting for case sensitivity. Might speed up that aspect of the development process.

Yes, please send it to me or leave here. ;)