1a) Uninstall Resistance, Uninstall OFP Gold, Uninstall OFP. Manually remove any remaining OFP folders.
1b) I recommend downloading the latest drivers for your soundcard, graphics card, and possible your motherboard too.
2) Make a clean install of OFP, OFP Gold, v. 1.46, Resistance.
3) Run "Flashpoint Preferences", press "auto-detect", customise your settings, then press "exit".
4) Right-click on your "Flashpoint Resistance" shortcut, select "properties", then go to "target" and add the following command at the end: "-nosplash". Without the "" and period of course. The content of the "target" box should then look similar to this:
c:\games\operationflashpoint\flashpointresistance. exe -nosplash
5) Go to your user directory (c:\games\operationflashpoint\users\username\) and find the file called "UserInfo.cfg". Open it with notepad, scroll to the bottom, then replace the following values:
viewDistance controls view Distance, while terrainGrid controls the terrain levels - on this setting, it sets terrain to normal. Save the file.
6) If you suffered from the infamous bug of 10 hours loading time during splash screens, then this should have fixed it. You can now set off to tweaking the game closer to your possibilites/needs.
If you have any further suggestions about other bugs, then please post them here - but keep this thread spam free, I will only allow tweaking tips. Other comments will be deleted I'm afraid.
Thanks to Placebo for coming up with this
By the way, with the machine below, I run Resistance at 1024*768, 32 bit, 800m viewdistance, normal terrain, but high LOD's. Performance is a bit choppy, but playable.