GXAddons.jpg GX_Zeus.jpg

Hi,

The old GX Addons have been updated and ported to Arma3. This script pack was formerly created for Arma2 and should be compatible with it as well, provided that you adjust the config in the scripts to use Arma2 vehicles and markers classnames. This pack is now including GX Zeus Advanced Script too. The old Arma2 version won´t be updated or supported any more, sorry. The updating was made to be used on our UST101 server coops but I decided to share it after we have fully tested it on MP. Please find the download link below:

Current public version: v2.4

NOTE: due to changes in the Support Cfg module since v2.21, existing missions created using the old version of the module need to be updated for the support dialog to work properly. In order to do so simply reopen the mission in editor, delete the module, place it again, adjust its configuration parameters (if needed) and save mission again.

http://www.filedropper.com/gxaddonsv24

(feel free to mirror it on your sites, no permission needed. Many thanks for that)

Mirrors:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24783

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/nIm13lWc4xGO5wAVF72WTA/GX-Addons-V2

Requirements: CBA A3, UPSMON Script (only for missions using the population module)

Please find below a small explanation about this addon:

Main Features

- Unified custom menu (press to orange arrows to switch between support and transport submenus)

- GX Air formation module: allows creation of custom air formations with AI units and setting path and actions on the waypoints

- GX Support module: this allows players to call support (arty and airstrikes) via radio

- GX Transport module: extraction and transport vehicles can be configured and used by players in the battlefield

- Support resources and transports configurable for each player side

- Custom artillery sounds including guns firing from distance and shells flyby

- MP and JIP compatible

- Example mission and english documentation included

- Native support to Unsung and Iron Front mods (includes predefined configuration of bombers when mods are detected)

- Ambient radio and sounds added to support

- Review of code and dialogs

- Tested and compatible with All in Arma mod (supporting then Arma2 based mods)

- GX Zeus advanced script included in the addon pack

- GX Intel & Interaction module added

- GX Population and traffic modules added

In detail, the features available in the GX Air Formation module are the following:

- Improved and smoother flight model calculations

- Anticollision feature during turnings

- New terrain avoidance system

- Dynamic formation changes based on predefined templates

- Missed waypoint avoidance

- Navigation based on bearing via intermediate sub-waypoints

Known issues

- None

Changelog

v2.4:

- GX Zeus advanced script included in the mod pack

- Existing functions now available as editor modules

- Intel & Interaction module added

- Ambient and traffic modules added

- Helicopter attack added to support dialog

v2.31:

- Native support to Unsung and Iron Front mods

- Basic radio chatter and ambience sounds added

v2.21:

- Support cfg module variables changed

- Support dialog improvement

- Flight model calculations improved

v2.0:

- Initial release

Usage

1. To allow the support the unit must own the GX_Supportradio ítem (343 alias). You can also set vehicles as radio stations for this purpose

arma32013-10-2201-24-48-434.jpg

2. Support parameters can be configured in mission via GX Support Cfg module

arma32013-10-2201-24-26-975.jpg

3. Unified menu is available on mouse wheel action

arma32013-10-2201-26-52-472.jpg

arma32013-10-2201-29-31-119.jpg

Demo video

I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi there, really like this mod, one question do i need to download the ropes from an addon, just doesnt seem to deploy the ropes thanks

Thanks for mirror Fox!

Steven, you don´t need ropes at all. In the past that action was set to be used with existing fastrope scripts from third parties. Heli will just adjust its flying to allow any fastrope action to be called via external scripts by players.

New mod available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@gxaddons.png

@ geloxo

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

i have taken a look at the mod and i have one question could you please translate ALL the text to english so its i bit easier to read for people who dont speak spanish ? the only spanish i can remember --> no hablo español :P

Hi,

A new version of the addon is available (see first post). I have finally corrected the HT Air module to improve the flight model (now it runs much better) and introduced new features on it:

- Improved and smoother flight model calculations

- Anticollision feature during turnings

- New terrain avoidance system

- Dynamic formation changes based on predefined templates

- Missed waypoint avoidance

- Navigation based on bearing via intermediate sub-waypoints

Also the artillery system was improved and now it includes fully new sounds, such as guns firing from distance and shells flyby. Some other global corrections and cleaning was done. None of the changes affect any existing mission you created.

Tutorial mission is now in english and updated for the new features.

Pbo file sent to PlaywithSix wetransfer as well :D

Edited by geloxo

Sorry guys, I missed to include the updated support dialog and documentation in the previous release. For those who already downladed the file please delete that file check the first post to get the v2.21 instead. Everything is fine now :o

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

Hi,

We are currently testing a new base release (v2.24) which implements support configurable per sides. If everything works fine it will be public in the following days. This means you will not be able to use transports from the enemy but only your own side ones. The artillery is also side dependant. There is a new version of the Support Cfg module which now includes all options such as number of pieces for artillery and ammo types directly there in the mission editor.

This change in the module means the old missions will need to be updated (simply deleting and adding the module again). Sorry for this but I think it worths the effort as it allows much more flexibility for PvP missions and editors as any support configuration can be also updated in real time during mission via scripting or triggers. Manual and example mission are updated as well containing now all topics such as usage on GUI and full configuration process for advanced users.

Although I have made some minor fixes to the public version please report any issue you discover in the current version in order to correct it in this future release v2.24 :cool:

Thanks a lot

Edited by geloxo

Hi all,

Latest release v2.24 is out now, after completing the testing in MP. Main change deals with support configurable by sides. Other minor tweaks also added. Please refer to first post for downloading files.

NOTE: due to changes in the Support Cfg module since v2.21, existing missions created using the old version of the module need to be updated for the support dialog to work properly. In order to do so simply reopen the mission in editor, delete the module, place it again, adjust its configuration parameters (if needed) and save mission again.

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

So to use this addon you need to make your own mission and include this file? sorry an am no mission maker and have no idea how to use these files. I was wondering if there is a stand alone version of this so i can use it on the a dynamic sandbox mission or something. I am sorry for seeming ignorant. Thank you.

Great work so far. However I assume the flight modules are for AI only? I wanted them to fly better formations with me but didn't get results like you video. Also the support is great, but I would like more direct targeting, such as where my crosshairs are or mapclick. The smoke is cool but I can't throw a smoke grenade across a valley, and when called on player posistion it just drops random bombs around me

Yes dave, you need to include the modules in mission. Read manual and see example mission to find out how.

Warlord the flight model is for AI only, however you can fly with AI in formation too provided you follow the defined waypoints and speeds. For the support marking via smoke remember to set in the dialog the smoke marking option instead of caller position. Distance and angle will be referred to the smoke color you chose in the dialog

Cool addon, but I was wondering, will the AI aircrafts stay in formation if they're in a group with other AI aircrafts? Or is it possible to have the AI stay in formation with a player flying an aircraft?

Only AI syncronized via the module will execute the script. You can however create subformations by using several modules and defining compatible paths on the modules (for instance parallel paths with a safe separation to avoid collisions between the subformations)

Hi,

I have released an updated version of the mod to public, to include native support for Unsung and Iron Front mods. Now, when those mods are detected a predefined configuration of bombers is loaded. User can still override it in the mision init or during the gameplay. Also some radio ambient sounds where added to the support requests (can be disabled if you don´t like them) and the support dialog and overall code was reviewed too.

Tests where done in MP and with All in Arma mod without any known issues.

I hope you like it

Edited by geloxo

as your latest update unfortunatly does not contain PBO files we can not update on PwS

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with fixed archive

Thanks Fox.

Kari, the pbo is inside the zip file but I will try to send the plain pbo to the updater in the evening if that's easier.