Would this be why my CAF_AG hostiles still function as if they are missing a brain? I have set them up to 9 on everything, I can still walk right up to them and blast them most of the time, and the almost never take cover.

Well, caf aggressors guns have a ridiculously shitty set of values, and are horridly inaccurate in the hands of ai, so that might have something to do with it.

Well, caf aggressors guns have a ridiculously shitty set of values, and are horridly inaccurate in the hands of ai, so that might have something to do with it.

Just to clairfy, CAF Aggressors are not horridly inaccurate. Their weapons are inaccurate. Give them Toadies weapons and they return to the more precise AI (at least with bCombat...I haven't tried the latest ASR yet).

"caf aggressors guns...horridly inaccurate in the hands of ai"

Lol... No need for clarification.

And I am aware HLC guns are much better, idk any mods that give them HLC aks by default, if you know one, I would appreciate it.

It works for any/all units and factions, even if not listed in userconfig, config level or inherited skill levels are used for units and default coefficient of 1 is used for factions when not specified otherwise.

On a different note, I should have a special config for CAF aggressors pack ready soon (done, just need to test it).

Thanks for the prompt response. I gotcha. So if I could inquire further; when units are spawned via MCC (Mission Control Centre), does ASR take "priority" in a way? Particularly the skill level and what not.

p.s - Not sure if I should be asking this in MCC so I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the prompt response. I gotcha. So if I could inquire further; when units are spawned via MCC (Mission Control Centre), does ASR take "priority" in a way? Particularly the skill level and what not.

p.s - Not sure if I should be asking this in MCC so I apologize in advance.

Yes, just turn on debug in userconfig and check the RPT file, you will see the skills the spawned units get. They are set 5-10 seconds after the units spawn specifically for that reason - other scripts may try to set AI skills.

Lol... No need for clarification.

And I am aware HLC guns are much better, idk any mods that give them HLC aks by default, if you know one, I would appreciate it.

Toadie just released a replacement config for CAF.

Sorry for the off-topic, Robalo.

Update to 0.9.9 available on first post.

Bonus: CAF AG ASR AI3 config, providing a compatibility bridge between the CAF Aggressors units and weapons and ASR AI3.

Edited by Robalo

What does the config change? Spread on weapons?

What does the config change? Spread on weapons?

That, unit skill levels (6, equivalent to vanilla FIA units) and everything related to AI weapon handling, just like it's done for vanilla units and weapons.

Thanks for ASR_AI! We've been using it for the last couple of months, and I think its brilliant how you handle AI skills, and it really makes life easier for the missions makers.

I have a question though regarding a feature I suspect is from ASR_AI. When you start shooting at AI (it may or may not be from you mod, and if it's not then please confirm) the AI perform a dive animation. We would like to disable that feature, but my best guess on how to do that was by setting seekcover = 0; in the userconfig, and it seems to do the trick. Is that the proper way of disabling it? And does that also disable other cover related features that doesn't involve animations?

Thanks for ASR_AI! We've been using it for the last couple of months, and I think its brilliant how you handle AI skills, and it really makes life easier for the missions makers.

I have a question though regarding a feature I suspect is from ASR_AI. When you start shooting at AI (it may or may not be from you mod, and if it's not then please confirm) the AI perform a dive animation. We would like to disable that feature, but my best guess on how to do that was by setting seekcover = 0; in the userconfig, and it seems to do the trick. Is that the proper way of disabling it? And does that also disable other cover related features that doesn't involve animations?

Not from my mod. Off the top of my head I can name possible mods that would do that: TPW, TMR, Ragdoll'd ?

bCombat also does this - in the config.sqf look for this line:

bcombat_fancy_moves = true;

Set to false

Right, then it must have been TPWCAS, which we disabled recently. They must have added that as a new feature recently as I was quite familiar with it's code a year ago and it wasn't in there IIRC. Thanks for the quick reply!

I use TPWCAS and love it. Occasionally AI falls on their side when getting shot at and even shoot from that position, but it never bothered anyone I play with.

Using asr ai, whenver I shoot ai in arsenal, they go onto the side anim.

Like, 999.9999999% of the time.

Idk if it does this outside of arsenal, if it did I probably wouldn't notice, for obvious reasons

Hey Robalo,

is there a way to get the ai handle vehicles better? i mean for attacking/defending. They still use a tank to drive 100m in front of infatrie or other vehicles, they should use more their advantage with high range attacks and stay back. Perhaps like/with alarm9k script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26618 ? didnt try it out yet.

Playing Combined arms against ai is still hard to have a realistic feeling from it. With one tanks its no problem to kill 10-20 vehicles without getting shot.

Using asr ai, whenver I shoot ai in arsenal, they go onto the side anim.

Like, 999.9999999% of the time.

Idk if it does this outside of arsenal, if it did I probably wouldn't notice, for obvious reasons

Like I just said a few posts back, it's not ASR AI doing that.

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Hey Robalo,

is there a way to get the ai handle vehicles better? i mean for attacking/defending. They still use a tank to drive 100m in front of infatrie or other vehicles, they should use more their advantage with high range attacks and stay back. Perhaps like/with alarm9k script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26618 ? didnt try it out yet.

Playing Combined arms against ai is still hard to have a realistic feeling from it. With one tanks its no problem to kill 10-20 vehicles without getting shot.

I have no immediate plans for any similar scripted solution but I will have a look at the vehicle configs soon and see what can be tweaked there.

Right, then it must have been TPWCAS, which we disabled recently. They must have added that as a new feature recently as I was quite familiar with it's code a year ago and it wasn't in there IIRC. Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't recently updated TPWCAS so I doubt the 'diving animation' is caused by TPWCAS.

The purpose of TPWCAS is obviously that the AI will hit the deck when being shot at, but that should not be diving, unless BIS changed something.

(Your not confusing TWPCAS and TPWMODs do you?)

AiA TP also has a bug which causes the player to fall to the ground often for no reason, might be affecting the AI just as well, haven't used it long enough to tell.

.... but I will have a look at the vehicle configs soon and see what can be tweaked there.

NICE ;) With better vehicle config there could also be better infantrie. ai shouldnt attack without AT Launcher while the enemy have a tank or apc with them, retreat or slow fall back would be nice here.

What adidionals settings would you suggest so that ai notice a tank 2km away on a hill that is destroying all vehicles around them. I notice often when we are @ 1km, they try to flank BUT without AT! ;) When i turn around as an commander, i see them standing next to us and look at us unable to do any sort of damage. Even they dont have AT, they could use satchel like the Vcom ai in citys: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381 (or fall back, regroup).

Edited by Numrollen

Just a heads up, armaholic hasn't updated the asr page with 0.9.9 yet.