AI feels a lot more accurate with this update. Getting sniped a lot more.

AI feels a lot more accurate with this update. Getting sniped a lot more.

Nothing was changed about that. I actually feel they are not accurate enough. You sure you had this mod active ? Or something else conflicting on your end.

If I put all the AI into my missions by using MCC or Zeus,will this mod still effective for the AIs I put into?

Hey, i was just testing out my new missions with this MOD and realized that it didnt play well. When i did more testing i figure it out. The issue i am having is my mission is designed around a lot of single unit Units. meaning its not a fire team, it's a one man team. When this happens the Units just lay down and sit there with no reactions. But if you test it with a fire team then you get reactions.

Anyway to look into this? I was testing it in zues. If you need me to record something i will, but easiest way to replicate is go into ZUES, put down one man teams and then have one unit move into each other and watch the others react. They just sit there and lay down.

Thanks

Edited by JCae2798

As usual, thank you for your continued work on this great mod Robalo.

Does ASR AI3 interfer with setFriend/getFriend in some way? When using setFriend to shift allegiance in Vanilla, the AI reacts almost immediately and engages new threats. With ASR_AI3 they seem to be aware of them (go prone, knowsAbout is 4 etc.) but don't or only very sporadically engage.

This only occurs when shifting from friendly to hostile. A shift from hostile to friendly will cause the AI to stop engaging.

Similarly, disabling AI "TARGET" & "AUTOTARGET" does not seem to have an effect on AI when using ASR_AI3.

Edited by Wolfenswan

So if we shoot to AI that spawn with Zeus aggressively

They probably just standing and shooting but no taking cover right?

If I put all the AI into my missions by using MCC or Zeus,will this mod still effective for the AIs I put into?

The mod is effective for all AI local to where it's installed. For all remote units, if the server is running the mod, it will still apply skills and some other things but features like radio, moving to cover, smoke, reactions need the custom danger.fsm to be installed on AI's owner machine.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Hey, i was just testing out my new missions with this MOD and realized that it didnt play well. When i did more testing i figure it out. The issue i am having is my mission is designed around a lot of single unit Units. meaning its not a fire team, it's a one man team. When this happens the Units just lay down and sit there with no reactions. But if you test it with a fire team then you get reactions.

Anyway to look into this? I was testing it in zues. If you need me to record something i will, but easiest way to replicate is go into ZUES, put down one man teams and then have one unit move into each other and watch the others react. They just sit there and lay down.

Thanks

Can you run same scenario with and without the mod and provide a comparison ? Or provide a basic scenario that I can run.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

new update seems better than the older one :)

Good to know. I wanted to do more testing but did not have time to mess with it much until next week-end so I figured it can't be worse than the last one so why not just upload it :)

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Does ASR AI3 interfer with setFriend/getFriend in some way? When using setFriend to shift allegiance in Vanilla, the AI reacts almost immediately and engages new threats. With ASR_AI3 they seem to be aware of them (go prone, knowsAbout is 4 etc.) but don't or only very sporadically engage.

This only occurs when shifting from friendly to hostile. A shift from hostile to friendly will cause the AI to stop engaging.

Similarly, disabling AI "TARGET" & "AUTOTARGET" does not seem to have an effect on AI when using ASR_AI3.

Not intentionally at least. Maybe a weird side-effect of who knows what. Need a way to repro this so I can start debugging.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

So if we shoot to AI that spawn with Zeus aggressively

They probably just standing and shooting but no taking cover right?

1. Zeus is irrelevant if GM is running the mod.

2. The AI is taking cover and changing stance in combat already, without anything specifically designed with suppression in mind.

Not intentionally at least. Maybe a weird side-effect of who knows what. Need a way to repro this so I can start debugging.

Place yourself as either NATO or CSAT. Place a group of INDP. Use the intel screen to set them friendly to your side.

In-game open the debug console and execute: resistance setFriend [west/east,0];

In a vanilla game, the AI will attack you straightaway. With ASR_AI3 the AI will recognize as enemy but not engage reliably.

For disabling AI it's similar: Compare AI engagement behavior between vanilla and ASR_AI3 after running {_x disableAI "TARGET"; _x disableAI "AUTOTARGET"} forEach allUnits;

Can you run same scenario with and without the mod and provide a comparison ? Or provide a basic scenario that I can run.

You got it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl737ttbz18bfwy/TestASR.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

i setup 2 fire teams, and a bunch of single units. 2 on each team move into view of each other. You will view this as ZUES. What you'll notice is fireteam react while all others stand still and just lay there the entire time. Hope this makes sense. Let me know. Thanks for looking into it.

am i an idiot or did i miss something on this danger.fsm where do i apply or find this? or is this a sub file within the ASR_AI's PBO's? I am making sure my whole Squad is running the ASR_AI mod now in conjunction with the server to provide enhanced functionality is that what im gathering from reading this post? everyone runs it everywhere and it just works better?

am i an idiot or did i miss something on this danger.fsm where do i apply or find this? or is this a sub file within the ASR_AI's PBO's? I am making sure my whole Squad is running the ASR_AI mod now in conjunction with the server to provide enhanced functionality is that what im gathering from reading this post? everyone runs it everywhere and it just works better?

It's a sub-file. And no, clients only NEED to run ASR_AI if:

• they are in charge of AI as a group leader
  • are CREATING AI local to them (e.g. as a ZEUS)

Of course, running the same version on every client is the obvious "better safe than sorry" measure and won't cause issues.

okay understood. yes we have players slipping in and out of zeus so id rather make sure we are all on the same page with it. Thank you for quick reply!

Good to know. I wanted to do more testing but did not have time to mess with it much until next week-end so I figured it can't be worse than the last one so why not just upload it

did more testing and almost everything thing seems balanced except MoveToCover takes morethan it should from AI mind but thats fine i think you can tune it down and give more priorty to firing and suppressing :) , now will you make AI call for artys&mortars and CAS ( heli & fighters ) if they are placed on the map as normal units in next update ... please say yes i will buy you summer coat :D

Place yourself as either NATO or CSAT. Place a group of INDP. Use the intel screen to set them friendly to your side.

In-game open the debug console and execute: resistance setFriend [west/east,0];

In a vanilla game, the AI will attack you straightaway. With ASR_AI3 the AI will recognize as enemy but not engage reliably.

I just tested this with vanilla and they behave the same, meaning they do not engage until I kill one of them. getfriend reporting 0 in debug console.

Oh and check this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFriend

Intended to be used on mission start. Changing value during mission can cause unexpected errors in AI behavior.
For disabling AI it's similar: Compare AI engagement behavior between vanilla and ASR_AI3 after running {_x disableAI "TARGET"; _x disableAI "AUTOTARGET"} forEach allUnits;

I also tested this in vanilla but I don't know what to expect. What are you seeing ? There was no obvious change in behavior for me.

Oh and btw thanks for making me watch vanilla AI again. Geez.. :D

You got it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl737ttbz18bfwy/TestASR.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

i setup 2 fire teams, and a bunch of single units. 2 on each team move into view of each other. You will view this as ZUES. What you'll notice is fireteam react while all others stand still and just lay there the entire time. Hope this makes sense. Let me know. Thanks for looking into it.

I am watching this now with vanilla and they react (or better said don't) exactly as you said. You can tell how much better they are when they use team AI. It's the reason I implemented the "joinlast" group merging feature.

Checked my RPT just to be sure I'm on vanilla:

22:27:40 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
22:27:40 modsReadOnly = true
22:27:40 safeModsActivated = false
22:27:40 customMods = false
22:27:40 hash = '109B5047E6016068306E72CCC96732DE275AE8F1'
22:27:40                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | fullPath
22:27:40 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22:27:40                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          | 
22:27:40                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 | D:\Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\heli
22:27:40                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 797bbb0aad4035978773db375d40c966ac8ad140 | D:\Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\kart
22:27:40                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | ef289bf8a3578d38e01dd02af284a668a0f35c3d | D:\Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\curator
22:27:40                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          | 
22:27:40 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Now watching it with my mod and while single unit AI is obviously lacking brain, it's way better than before. They actually detected danger almost instantly and all greens from the T-junction and all CSAT from the bridge eventually moved to better cover or to engage. While before they just sat there like they did not care about what was going on.

Edited by Robalo

Playing around with config levels to find a good one, but I wonder how the values are interpolated or calculated?

For example regarding aimingAccuracy, is it (profile aiming skill * editor skill) * (ASR AI skill min + random ASR AI skill max)? I couldn't get the values to match.

In one test, I had the server profile setting to 0.2 in aiming accuracy and ASR config set to 0.15 base, 0.1 random max. The skillFinal produced results ranging from 0.01 to 0.005.

I upped ASR set to 0.3 base, 0.2 random max and that produced a skillFinal aimingAccuracy around 0.15 in the game.

In both tests, I tested on several units and factions, I waited the random sleep that ASR does before setting skill and units were placed with scripts and zeus. Faction coef untouched.

Thanks for checking it out. I again downloaded the latest version and somehow i ended up with a different version the last time i downloaded it. Using the latest i do see better reactions and teams joining eachother. Still some sit in their open spot but agree it is better then vanilla. Thanks Robalo

Playing around with config levels to find a good one, but I wonder how the values are interpolated or calculated?

For example regarding aimingAccuracy, is it (profile aiming skill * editor skill) * (ASR AI skill min + random ASR AI skill max)? I couldn't get the values to match.

In one test, I had the server profile setting to 0.2 in aiming accuracy and ASR config set to 0.15 base, 0.1 random max. The skillFinal produced results ranging from 0.01 to 0.005.

I upped ASR set to 0.3 base, 0.2 random max and that produced a skillFinal aimingAccuracy around 0.15 in the game.

In both tests, I tested on several units and factions, I waited the random sleep that ASR does before setting skill and units were placed with scripts and zeus. Faction coef untouched.

skillFinal is broken, only works properly in SP. Best just play the game for real and tweak based on how it feels.

By the way Robalo, people want the Leight OPFOR config because some of the units like ISIS use the values of regulars (CSAT and what not) although they should be around militia level. Also I've found that for some reason CAF Aggressors have amazing aim no matter what. That seems to be my issue with our server. All other units, even Leights OPFOR pack work fine. And ASR was taking over CAF Aggressors with the config active but their aim doesn't seem to change. I guess it's because of how old the units are, they haven't been updated since March of last year.

Hello, I'm here to report an error message I've been getting with ASR AI:

'Script userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai_settings.sqf not found'.

mod list

- AGM

- AllInArmaTerainPack

- Blastcore A3 Phoenix

- Blastcore Tracers

- CBA A3

- Dariyah (map)

- JSRS Dragonfyre

- F16C standalone

- F/A-18X Black Wasp

- FC-37 Thunder

- HAFM Nightvision

- F/A-18 Superhornet

- SU-35

- PAK-FA

- RHS Escalation

- USS Iowa

- Wake Island (map)

Ehm, I hope you already thought about it: Maybe putting the userconfig files in the userconfig folder?

Ehm, I hope you already thought about it: Maybe putting the userconfig files in the userconfig folder?

I use a seperate mod folder for all my mods and Arma 3 Sync to launch them all. Could I create a userconfig folder in that seperate mod folder myself or do I have to put it in the excisting userconfig folder in Steam/Steamapps/common/Arma3?

I use a seperate mod folder for all my mods and Arma 3 Sync to launch them all. Could I create a userconfig folder in that seperate mod folder myself or do I have to put it in the excisting userconfig folder in Steam/Steamapps/common/Arma3?

No, the userconfig folder should be in the same folder where your arma3.exe is.