jcae2798

GigaS Productions

Ukrainian MH17 Crash Site (SP)

Mission is designed around the current events of the MH17 plane crash in Ukraine. You're a small NATO team to take out local Russian rebels to allow access to the crash site. No ADDONS required! Have fun and provide some welcomed feedback or bugs (if any). Thanks

Recommended MOD: One of the AI mods for enhancement.

Download Links:

Dropbox

STEAM

Too soon?

[Misunderstood, delete me]

Edited by JCae2798

hehe, we are in The Future anyway, aren't we? So this is probably just a 2035 reenactment of the historical events back then and how they could have turned out. i can only say, you could have used some addons and made a Dutch-Australian-Malaysian joint task force^^

Bugs: error message "chat\crashsitcleared.sqf not found" - the file is called crashsitecleared.sqf. Then a few minor text issues, if one wants to be really picky: "Debrief(ing)" is the one you do after a mission, so this should say "Briefing". And in Briefing->Mission, it says "...but families around the global as well", should be "globe" and technically it is not a "threat" to the families, so it should be e.g. "...around the globe demand access as well" or something like that.

From a playing perspective, I can't really say anything against it (read: big thumbs up!), except that the mission could have lasted longer somehow (although I can't say in which way exactly, I just would have liked to keep playing lol). Though you should think about not using AAF enemies but rather the guerrilla characters, that might fit better. I applaud using the virtual arsenal, though I haven't figured out how to apply stuff to the AI teammates.

Edited by Brainbug

Thanks for the great feedback man, really appreciate it. I glad you enjoyed it. I thought about using the guerrilla faction but since FIA is friendly to NATO, it becomes difficult. I also thought since per TV/News some of these people look like they are wearing army gear, i figured the AAF faction would work OK. Limited without ADDONS :) I usually do like using addons but i know sometimes for others it becomes a pain.

Anyways working on the fixes you pointed out right now! Thank you.

Wow guys....I just realized what you meant by that comment now that i seen others on the workshop.

Here's a quote:

As an Aussie, this certainly has my emotions in overdrive. I think I will wait to play this one for a while, IMO too early the dead have not yet be buried. Keep it up if you want, no hard feeling's, just letting you know how I feel.

Here's my response to this mission:

"Wow guys, I'm truely sorry that you feel this way. My heart and prayers do go out to those families that have been impacted by this incident. Honestly my intention when building this mission was not around what the families were going through or even that come to mind to be honest. My head has been buried in so much news lately with all the current war events that i was only thinking about the war figures in this one. Please accept my apologies and if you really feel this is an offensive matter to that tragedy i will remove this."

So if you all strongly feel this way, I'll remove it from the public...just please understand that was not my intentions at all...

I thought about using the guerrilla faction but since FIA is friendly to NATO, it becomes difficult.
You can either slap together a good looking loadout for them in the arsenal and export it as sqf, then load that in the init of the aaf soldiers to completely turn them into guerrillas, or you can group guerrilla (blufor) soldiers under a independent leader, which will make all of them change side.
I also thought since per TV/News some of these people look like they are wearing army gear
actually, they look exactly like some airsoft posers who are making photos in their children's bedroom^^ Everyone is wearing different stuff, interestingly no old Russian gear (like Flora or whatever you would think is cheaply and abundantly available there), but rather ATACS, Pencott, Desert-MARPAT, Flecktarn, Multicam, whatever. You name it, they wear it. I'm still waiting for a guy in Realtree camo to appear on TV (probably was already, but didn't spot him lol). And that combined with the old soviet era weapons, i.e. AK-74 and PKM with ironsights.

Without delving into politics, those guys are obviously quite similar to some self-declared militia groups (that exist in any country) that are constantly preparing themselves for the "inevitable endgame" war against their government by getting camo clothes and collecting weapons.

So if you all strongly feel this way, I'll remove it from the public...just please understand that was not my intentions at all...
No need really, as you didn't intend to make fun of it, it's just a way to (try to) comprehend the situation. Someone will always be offended in one or the other way - should I be offended by all the WW2 games where you mow down scores of Germans just because I have lost more than half my family in that war? That is too short thinking. I rather prefer to understand how the war started in order to prevent the next one. But taking this good mission down is not helping the situation in reality in any way at all. I think the more you know about war, the less likely you are to start one, and playing such situations in a computer game may be a small step to gain knowledge, maybe it causes some people to read further into the story.

Well, you could change the MH17 reference and just make it a random plane. That would also circumvent the inevitable blatant inaccuracies (being on Altis instead of a Ukrainian landscape, using all kinds of wrong units and weapons etc.). And you could put in a OCSE convoy that needs to be protected after securing the area (I could quickly make you a replacement texture for the pickup (i.e. white plus OSCE markings) if you want, and you can use the scientist characters and press guys), who care for the bodies after you have cleared the mines etc.

Edited by Brainbug

Thanks man i'll give it a go and see how that works out. I saw this similar technique on the feedback tracker. Also well said about the comments :)

Hi, I understand that your intensions are good but the MH17 crash is fresh and painfull. In The Netherlands many people have lost friends or family. Even though it's about the Russian threat in the region I think it's better to remove this mission until the pain is gone. I think many people like me can't play this mission at this moment. I don't want to walk at this crash site and to be honest it feels a bit disrespectful. Maybe if you haven't lost someone and you don't know someone who did then I understand that this mission has something special that makes you wanna play it.

But, I don't think that most Dutch, Australian, British and Malaysian people want to play this. There is no fun in it for us at this moment. (I'm not saying that we don't want to shoot those russians cause I'm pretty sure we all want that.)

Best regards,

DreamRebel (Don't get me wrong, just wanted to explain my point of view)

Totally understand and appreciate your opinion. I'm thinking about changing this up and renaming the mission as i think a lot of people are thinking the same. Thank you

[sP] Air Raid

Calling all pilots!! I don't see enough pilot missions so here ya go :)

The Russians have planned a surprise attack on multiple US military bases. Your a pilot tasked to provide air support and drive out the raid. Good luck!

Required Addons:

RHS Escalation: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152

Optional Addons:

FA18X: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27130

FC Thunder: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27151&highlight=FC-37

Sukhoi T-50: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27232

F/A-18 Super Hornet: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

NOTE*:

This mission was designed around the FA18X MOD, strongly recommend you use it!

[Steam]

[Dropbox]

Armaholic mirror:

- Air Raid (@)

Edited by JCae2798

JCae, you need to update your US_Helos_Kimi, I have the latest version and the mission still gives the error of dependancie =/ (probably cus you´re using an older version of KIMI´s mod)

or maybe take it off if neither pilots are using US choppers on this mission!

Cheers!

Damn, ok thanks. The problem is when i have the mod enabled (even though not used) the map picks it up. I'll get it fixed later today and repost. Thanks for the heads up

I´ve opened it up the pbo and removed the us_helo_kimi entries on the mission.sqm and it worked fine but it is better to export it without so noobs don´t complain ;)

RHS choppers are really tough they sometimes survive a direct AIM-9X hit, but I´ve heard they´re already fixing this excessive hitpoint on choppers =D

cheers!

Thanks Corporal_Lib, that was my exact intention.

All, mission updated, I also added two additional support jets:

Sukhoi T-50: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27232

F/A-18 Super Hornet: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

Same download link as before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4fe1qnylkn4v0y/AIRRAID.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Enjoy

[sP] Security

Local government needs our help with a security mission to protect a HVT in a compound. They have transport on the way but it can be about an hour or so before they arrive. There has been multiple attacks already on the compound so gear up, grab whatever equipment around the base you can make sure of, and head over to the compound.

Required Addons:

AiA TP - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

CAF Aggressors - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24441

Have fun.

[Steam]

[Dropbox]

[Armaholic]

Edited by JCae2798
links

[sP] Operation Flashbang

Your part of an insurgent group fighting on Altis against corrupt Altis forces. We have recently taken a big loss on our local camps where most of our gear was stored. In order to continue the fight, and have a chance at winning, we need to steal some gear back. Altis main bases are off to an island south of here known as Stratis. Our goal is to travel there by boat since most forces have moved onto the Altis island. We hope to expect minimal forces if we strike hard and fast.

No Addons Required

[bUG?]

-For some reason if you use the ASDG JM mod, some of the units could lose their suppressors. I recommend to run this mission without this one to avoid that.

Have Fun

[Dropbox]

[STEAM]

[Armaholic]

Edited by JCae2798

In Air Raid mission i saw 2 bugs so far;
First is on mission start - two A-164 ( the vanilla A-10 remake) is crashing at start (at the end of the "starting lane".
Second is terrible low FPS (1 or 2 FPS) when getting into fight with Russian wings near some city (first enemy contact in mission). I wasnt able to play further -_-