Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

DATA

• There is a storm coming.

Ok gonna put it out there!

Bdi7pJWCcAAWDOk.png:large

What the fuck is this meant to mean? Please don't refer to the picture on twitter, we all know about this. Postulate and speculate, but please keep it in the realms of sensibility, if you can!! :D

Edited by dale0404

It will be a large scale combined arms game type that will be able to handle a 100+ players due to the network bubble thing being ported from Dayz.

My guess but just saying, I called it :)

Oh I love wild guesses!, so a Storm *wags chin*... what about the Israeli modified f-16 nicknamed 'Sufa' which means storm in Hebrew ?

nah don't think so, my best guess is, since the thunder sounds were recently updated(prepared), the coming storm must have a relation(coming from that direction) with that.

Here we go again. Rumor mill is churning away, expectation is rising, and when it's finally there, most people will see that it was not what they expected.

Buy yeah, go ahead and call me a hater again.

Hurricanes/Typhoons force winds simulated in game? Deadly or damaging lightning bolts? Must be something weather related.. Perhaps tsunami's, since BIS referred to ancient underwater city-site once being above sealevel, thus another major rising sea level event? IDK.. Just guessing like crazy.. Alternatively I have a hunch it has to do with artillery.. Kinda like steel hail raining down.. Or it could be something like catching a cold due to the weather, thus decreasing your combat capability? Could be anything really... I rather wait and see, but not before I had my chance on a bit of wild speculations being thrown into the fray.. :D Have fun guys.

Edited by Thani '82
typo..

Storm. Sh*t storm, no matter what.

"THAT was the great announcement?" "You should spend more time on fixing the game yadayada" "This isn't Arma" ......

Not getting my hopes up on a new MP mode. I don't really play A3 MP so it's not something I'm hyped about. A storm is coming? Well, that'd be an MP game that probably is themed around some sort of superstorm, and you have to survive the storm as well as the enemy. Yeah, sounds like SuperTruite's ArmAgeddon. That's my guess.

Here we go again. Rumor mill is churning away, expectation is rising, and when it's finally there, most people will see that it was not what they expected.

Buy yeah, go ahead and call me a hater again.

I really wish they'd stop doing it, it only serves to undermine their work as people expect for something it will never be and then get disappointed when if they were open about the actual content from the beginning people might actually be genuinely excited for it instead of being excited for something that doesn't actually exist.

Looks like a point capturing PVP game mode (basically BF Conquest)...probably called "Something Storm" etc.

Lightning looks nice.

Mosquito storm.

They're going to implement mosquito models in the game to add to the insect life.

Get yer bugspray.

It's obvious lads. That lightning strike can only mean 1 thing. They've hit the Optimize button.

Lightning bolt -> Zeus -> Greek gods -> Altis/Stratis -> See waddamean ? :cool: (I surely don't)

Hurricanes/Typhoons force winds simulated in game? Deadly or damaging lightning bolts? Must be something weather related.. Perhaps tsunami's' date=' since BIS referred to ancient underwater city-site once being above sealevel, thus another major rising sea level event? IDK.. Just guessing like crazy.. Alternatively I have a hunch it has to do with artillery.. Kinda like steel hail raining down.. Or it could be something like catching a cold due to the weather, thus decreasing your combat capability? Could be anything really... I rather wait and see, but not before I had my chance on a bit of wild speculations being thrown into the fray.. :D Have fun guys.[/quote']

You are referring to this, aren't you ?

Adding mosquitoes? I thought they already did that with the opfor AI.

Well i remember the devs saying that they were having an amusing time testing it, or something like that. I kinda hope its not crazy lightning that destroys shit coz that wouldnt be realistic. How often does a lightning bolt strike close to you irl...

heres hoping to optimized mp( although with my new rig i have no complaints anymore), some content and more game modes.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about optimization though it does kinda drive home the old saying "putting the cart before the horse". I just expect it to be some niche futuristic game mode revolving around capturing zones or flags ala Battlefield Conquest style. Honestly not getting my hopes up or anticipating much else. Would be nice to be surprised though.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about optimization though it does kinda drive home the old saying "putting the cart before the horse". I just expect it to be some niche futuristic game mode revolving around capturing zones or flags ala Battlefield Conquest style. Honestly not getting my hopes up or anticipating much else. Would be nice to be surprised though.

^^ All of this.

Anyone hoping for some massive game changing update is only setting themselves up for disappointment. Honestly, I wish BI would simply announce what they are doing instead of trying to create some big mystery around it.

I wonder what scenario allows a lightning bolt to catastrophically destroy a tank. :p More future magic I suppose.

It will be a large scale combined arms game type that will be able to handle a 100+ players due to the network bubble thing being ported from Dayz.

My guess but just saying, I called it :)

I don't think I can handle 100+ kids voices through my headset.

Edited by B00tsy

I think they have created a new model the Tea Cup.

You put tea in it and then add milk, when you stir it it looks like a storm in a tea cup.

You know I am right so what did I win ?

Ehm guys, did you launc the game lately?

Yesterday as I launched the game to test the new thunder sounds I could see that new gamemode in the main menu. It basically went like this:

OPFOR was defending the base on the hill.

BLUFOR was attacking from multiple directions trying to overrun OPFOR.

Lightning was impacting on the hill.

My guess is that this will be some kind of "Defend the Hill" Szenario with lightning somehow helping the defenders. (Or maybe randomly striking everything with a higher chance of striking vehicles.)

Ehm guys, did you launc the game lately?

My guess is that this will be some kind of "Defend the Hill" Szenario with lightning somehow helping the defenders. (Or maybe randomly striking everything with a higher chance of striking vehicles.)

Which does not warrant the hype they're trying to built for it.

My guess is that this will be some kind of "Defend the Hill" Szenario with lightning somehow helping the defenders.

That would be, sorry to say, absolutely ridiculous. What would that be, one of the defenders plays as Zeus ? I thought Arma was a military sandbox, and not some Populous clone. Can you also do earthquakes ?

Plus, what is so special about a King of the Hill type game mode ? The community can whip that up in a few minutes.

I sincerely hope that whatever BIS comes up with, it's something in the Arma spirit, namely, authentic military themed. Given the relatively low (and imho realistic) technology advancement, I sincerely hope we won't be getting weather control, tesla weapons, or divine intervention into the game, especially if you consider that rail guns were already too much for some people.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Which does not deserve the hype they're trying to built for it.

That's the problem I have with this whole announcement of an announcement as well. Remember the past few of those, and how they ALWAYS turned into a major disappointment for most people,. or AT LEAST did no turn out the feature that most people wanted to.