Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

But the countdown should still be going for three hours.

It sped up, the countdown is over. Release for Zeus is Q2 2014. I imagine Dev branch will start playing with it after the release of Win.

While I don't usually play Mp, i have to say that's looks like a good idea: so, my best wishes to the devs

In any case, I can't deny i would expect something different like more units or vehicles since they are good for sp and mp too

what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems, they want to release MP modes that are not really new?!?!community can do MP scenarios, these are small things and low priority and there are other important things to do which has much more higher priority (content, MP optimization, FPS improvements etc, adding missing features) and BI has nothimg better do to than creating MP modes which everyone can create and making such a big mistery out of it ?! what the hell ?!?!?

Its a lot more than I actually expected to be announced, maybe they will make it a 3D editor as well for offline mission making perhaps? Cant wait to use it though (I know we have MCC)

So basically it's a laughable attempt at VBS real time editor except without the ability to edit and save scenarios being a separate scenario itself?

BIS how about you will actually improve the damn game for once? I don't know - spend some time on removing copy pasted stuff so we can finally play with more than one reskinned army?

Or add a proper promised 3D editor?

Nobody will play this DLC.

So it is also usable as a simple 3D-mission editor?

At the moment I am not sure what i should think of it, but at least it is something bigger than I expected.

what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems, they want to release MP modes that are not really new?!?!community can do MP scenarios, these are small things and low priority and there are other important things to do which has much more higher priority (content, MP optimization, FPS improvements etc, adding missing features) and BI has nothimg better do to than creating MP modes which everyone can create and making such a big mistery out of it ?! what the hell ?!?!?

I bet this was Marek Spanel's idea..

I think the only good thing about this is, that we will probably get time & weather sync...

+1 not convinced with the gamemode. lightning bolts destroying vehicles? spawning stuff in front of your nose? granted with community rules and a disciplined ZEUS this could be fun. but well, the whole direction (high command OPFOR/GAIA) is not something I missed in ARMA. and theres a lot of things still missing and needed in the "real" game.

So I've been following this trying to see some theories on what the DLC would be.. and after its announced, something we've asked for since the beginning and instead of loving it and being happy its finally given to us, we're going to bitch about it? Come on guys, Have a little class. They gave us what we wanted and beyond. We asked for a 3D Editor and they went one step further giving us the ability to make the mission on the fly similar to VBS and MCC, The only difference to MCC is more features and its going to run smoother. We should be Happy they even thought about something like this.

> what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems...

> ...spend some time on removing copy pasted stuff so we can finally play with more than one reskinned army...

Different developers, different tasks...

Zeus did not take any resources from what you have mentioned.

well its not for me, i feel the whole arma 3 is poor, they are trying to go down a new road, i hope they dont forget about there true fans whos been hear from the start of the game (a long time ago)

It would be great as an admin feature though.

Somebody is randomly teamkilling? Send down a lightning :D

Looks good and very good if it can be used as a 3d mission editor.

But please focus on optimization first!!! Quality not quantity.

Nobody will play this DLC.

Jeez, man. Why don't you quit speaking for everyone and start speaking for yourself for a change? I mean who the fuck are you to speak that "Nobody will play this DLC"?

Someone who worked on that just failed his physics class today, Its impossible to destroy a tank with lighting bolt, it will work like a Faraday Cage, cars work like that as well btw, so I think Arma devs just dont care about realizm or authenticity of their game.

Proof:

How is this different from VTS? Besides the lightning?

Not hating, just curious to know how this differs from live mission creators already done before by community?

+1....

i hope to see more major "surprises" soon...

But anyway, lets check this dlc....

From the few years I've had watching the ArmA series being built, I figured people would be able to realize this by now. But apparently not, I appreciate all the work you guys are doing to make this game better than all the old ones Dr. Hladik, thanks for the best game I've ever played on my PC.

da faq? I just ... don't have words for this.

"Different developers, different tasks...

Zeus did not take any resources from what you have mentioned." I understand this, but... still no words.... like we don't have a 3d editor to place things for missions but now we have a "live" 3d editor for multi-player? Maybe I'm pre-judging... let me go see if we have a 3d editor now.

> what the fuck? instead fixing the MP where many players have to struggle with FPS problems...

> ...spend some time on removing copy pasted stuff so we can finally play with more than one reskinned army...

Does that mean you are working on changing the "copy pasted" vehicles.... :D

Just had to do it. :p

Just a note about origins of the Zeus idea directly from Karel Mořický :icon_twisted:

Thanx for sharing - still does not change the fact that this idea/concept has been played in MP since Arma 2 (see MCC sandbox etc).