Mikojan-Guriewicz MiG-21 MF "Fishbed-J" - ver. 0.5 Beta

Mikojan-Guriewicz MiG-21 MF "Fishbed-J"

Addon for ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead with ACE2

by Night Intruder

ver. 0.5 BETA

ejkn.jpgh675.jpg

8w37.jpgepbh.jpg

1. DESCRIPTION

I made this addon since I wanted to have the most commonly known soviet fighter from "cold war" era in Arma 2 to play it with friends on our server. I started working on it app. three weeks ago after I received permission from its author. The addon was made through conversion of amazing Ivan Jurcaga's MiG-21MF for FSX and then I found a lot of great liveries for it so I decided to include them in the package and lunched e-mails "attack"s on their authors to get their permissions. The conversion was not hard as the base model was created in straight and intelligent way. I do not have to present the aircraft itself for Arma players, I guess, so enjoy!

2. ADDON FEATURES:

- two versions of armament: Air-to-Air and Ground Attack

- 42 camouflages from 20 countries: Czech Republic / Czechoslovakia (8); Russia (5); East Germany (4); Slovakia (3); Poland (3); North Vietnam (2); Syria (2); Hungary (3); Finland (1); West Germany (1); Serbia (1); Croatia (1); Libya (1); Iraq (1); Cuba (1); Bulgaria (1); Angola (1); Indie (1); Egypt (1); Takistan (1).

- static wreck model + destroyed model,

- wing vapor, crossing sound barrier and wing trails effects

- custom complex landing gear animation (27 parts) including working dampers

- stick, throttle, gear and flap levers as well as ejection handle animations

- exhaust flames and afterburner animations / effects

- canopy and drag chute animations

- "hide" type animations of different parts of the aircraft for your own purposes

- quite precise indicating flight instruments and warning lamps - all working except HSI, ILS and Mach indicators

- adjustable gunsight (A2G <-> A2A <-> Off)

- addon compatible with ACE2 (required for enhanced functionality!) and EASA: for A2A you can change weapon on 4 rails, for A2G - on2 rails, only russion-made weapons are available in EASA

- mix of sounds, mainly from Mig15 and Mig23

- to learn more about units and animations class names refer to extensive readme, with pictures included

3. KNOWN BUGS

- sometimes AI pilot cannot land on an airbase for unknown reason

- AI pilot cannot use afterburner and deploy drag chute

- after respawning on ground the aircraft has initially retracted gear and it takes 7 sec to automatically deploy it

- drag chute is for eye candy only atm and does not affect deceleration of the aircraft, also you have to manually remove the drag chute by using action "Release drag chute".

- usage of static wreck causes pop-up of an error of lack of ladder in config.cpp.

4. CREDITS & THANKS:

Special thanks goes to Ivan Jurcaga, who gave me permission for conversion of this aircraft into Arma game. Also I would like to say "thank you" for all persons involved, including contribute texture artists and those who helped me during the conversion and, generally speaking, for all hard work you put in addons for A2/A3 community:

- Ivan Jurcaga - external model and cockpit, textures, (http://migsim.ic.cz/)

- Peter Priskin - base cockpit

- Kendy Schwarz - repaints

- Zsolt Beleznay - repaints

- Bjoern Kesten - repaints

- Carlo “Soulfreak†Vecchi - decals of repaints

- Stefano Zibell - repaints

- Jindrich Barta - repaints

- Rafał Stankiewicz "YoYo" - repaints (www.yoyosims.pl)

- Åukasz Kacprzykowski - repaints

- Francis Jacquet - repaints

- Jens-Ole Kjolberg - repaints

- Josip Vrbosic - repaints

- Bozo Mrsulja - repaints

- Hani Michal - repaints

- Dag Roger Stangeland - master textures used by some of the texture artists

- Lethal / Gnat - scripting

- Slideroy - scripting

- Franze - scripting

- mukcep - annuciators lamp idea from MiG23

- PROTOTYPE 001, -Martin-, Richard Thorne & VictorFarbau - exhaust idea from MiG15, sound

5. LICENCE & NOTES:

The addon was made by me through conversion of FSX model by Ivan Jurcaga / Peter Priskin / Kendy Schwarz as well as work of others (numerous liveries for the model). The addon was created for use in Arma 2 OA w/ ACE game only and is provided "as-is", however it should also work on vanilla A2OA (tested). You are not allowed to make money in any way for the addon. Commercial and military usage of this addon is also prohibited. Whole addon is freeware which means that you get it for free, however it cannot be freely modified without prior permissions given by authors of the model and parts of the addon. The addon cannot be also reverse engineered in any way (due to various authors copyrights) and must be distributed as a whole package, including this readme. If you want to use part of the addon in your own application, please get written permissions from me and appropriate authors. You are not allowed to convert the addon into or use it in other games. I, and all authors involved, are not responsible in any way for damage this addon may cause to your computer and yourself, especially we are not responsible for any physical and psychological illnesses you may come down with while playing this addon. If you do not agree with above terms of usage, please do not download the addon or just delete it from your computer if you had already downloaded that.

6. "TO DO" LIST:

- custom seat ejection animation and effects

- custom damage system based on EHs and scripts

- more liveries including WOC, Molotian, Lingor East/West and Guerillas ones

- improvement of armament, adding other weapons and pods

- improvement of drag chute animation and effect

- custom sound

7. NOTES

For more information please refer to Mig21MF_readme.pdf. Virtual pilots and mission makers will find useful data there.

8. DOWNLOAD LINK

On sendspace.com, 67.53 MB RAR archive:

Edited by NightIntruder
fixing typo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just saw a pic in the Unsung thread and thought is looked nice.

Thanks for the release!

Ps. Those ch-46 and ch-21 on your imageshack look great too. Any plans to release those?

Edited by Lennard

Very nice and useful planes indeed. BTW what kind of ACE dependency it has? Is it possible to use it without ACE or not?

maybe Foxhound can change the Armaholic page, as it references installing this on A3... and some joker left a bad rating since it doesn't work in A3...some people

@Spooky

AFAIK, it can be used without ACE - those are the only dependency it has:

// ACE2 settings
	ace_sys_air_rwr_type = ACE_SPO15;
	ace_sys_air_rwr_detectable = 1;
	ace_sys_air_rwr_hasrwr = 1;
	ace_sys_air_rwr_range = 2400;
	ace_sys_missileguidance_limits[] = {-60, 15, -150, 150};
	ace_sys_missileguidance_tracklimits[] = {-60, 15, -80, 80};
	ACE_hasAfterburner = 0;
	ACE_SYS_EJECT_EJECT = 1;
	ace_ejection_seat = "ACE_K36";
	ACE_SYS_EJECT_MULTICREW = 0;
	ace_weight = 9850;

So, you mainly lose some additional functionality and all effects connected with ACE mod, but when I tested it in vanilla + CBA it went OK.

@Lennard

Regarding CH-21C Shawnee - it was handed over to UNSUNG devteam. It might also be released as standalone addon due to several liveries not relevant to Vietnam war.

CH46 Sea Knight is still WIP at this moment and I do not know its ETA yet, sorry. I would love to have it finished prior UNS 2.6 release as I want to contribute the model for the MOD.

Edited by NightIntruder

@Lennard

Regarding CH-21C Shawnee - it was handed over to UNSUNG devteam. It might also be released as standalone addon due to several liveries not relevant to Vietnam war.

CH46 Sea Knight is still WIP at this moment and I do not know its ETA yet, sorry. I would love to have it finished prior UNS 2.6 release as I want to contribute the model for the MOD.

Alright that's good news! Looking forward to see more addons done by you.

Looks nice, downloading now. Could this eventually become A3 compatible?

As soon as I am happy with quality of my addons I will port them into A3. So technically speaking it is possible and that's the plan.

One issue I am getting:

No entry 'bin\congif.bin/CfgFactionClasses.A2C_PL'.

It has to do with the Polish OPFOR Faction, which does not appear in the OPFOR editor list.

Repro, in editor click to add unit, select OPFOR, no entry appears.

Any ideas what I am missing?

One issue I am getting:

No entry 'bin\congif.bin/CfgFactionClasses.A2C_PL'.

It has to do with the Polish OPFOR Faction, which does not appear in the OPFOR editor list.

Repro, in editor click to add unit, select OPFOR, no entry appears.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Surely, You are lack of properly working addon maker ;) Of course, it's my mistake, I am gonna fix it. Thanks! :)

This is amazing! I would like to take croatian version into my Arma 3 mod. :)

Hey Nightintruder,

Love the plane, its so fun to fly.

One question, would you be able to make it so the ace keybindings work on the plane? - Would love to have the afterburner key working.