Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM - ArmA 2 HMMWVs import

Yep.. i noticed that too.. maybe something change in the last stable release of ArmA3 that affected the mod.

Hey guy's great port works great just having the same issue when driving straight it seems to tilt side to side like a lil craddle to sleep?!? Anyone know what is causing it?

I'm getting a couple of issues recently, the wheels on the vehicles don't turn any more - at all - and I keep getting a warning about missing geometry. Never used to get those problems though. Great mod apart from those.

I'm getting a couple of issues recently, the wheels on the vehicles don't turn any more - at all - and I keep getting a warning about missing geometry. Never used to get those problems though. Great mod apart from those.

I'm still don't getting any errors ... I'm using ArmA 3 Stable branch and not Dev branch ... do you have Stable branch too and still have these errors ?

Just in case ... all my addons are ONLY for A3 stable branch. Also I'm always testing them using no other mods installed.

Hi Aplion thanks for the reply, yeah, I'm working on stable branch only - since I'm developing the training server for the community I'm in, I have strongly resisted the pressure to go to dev branch 'because Zeus' in favour of a stable development platform which is guaranteed to work for everyone on stable branch.

I'll get a video of it tonight hopefully and link it here if you like.

Hi Aplion thanks for the reply, yeah, I'm working on stable branch only - since I'm developing the training server for the community I'm in, I have strongly resisted the pressure to go to dev branch 'because Zeus' in favour of a stable development platform which is guaranteed to work for everyone on stable branch.

I'll get a video of it tonight hopefully and link it here if you like.

Mate, feel free to get a video as you said but first of all please have a look in this video I've just made for this matter ...

I can't see any issue so please reconsider to have a better look of what other mods/addons loading together with my mod.

Regards

I´ve been playing with different maps, running aplions mod alone and with others and the cars doesn´t do anything funny. Just update with Zeus and running like it should.

The only rare thing i saw it´s that the armor of the humvee its quite hard, and the inside passangers are easy to kill. That´s i guess is LKR ammo, not confirmed but the vanilla hmmwv work fine.

Will do. This training mission I'm doing is fairly mod-heavy, so there is every chance of a clash between one or other of the mods in it. I'm just going through the process of locating where the problem might be is all. It was someone on the server who first alerted me to it, I didn't notice it - from my experience the mod has always been brilliant, so I haven't really been watching for problems.

Adding a new post to bump this thread rather than editing my previous post.

I went through a rather painful process of testing, by starting a mission with the HMMWVs on it, then enabling an addon and placing objects related to it, testing the mission, closing Arma, enabling another mod, restarting, etcetera etcetera and I believe I've found the problem.

Using these mods, the wheels on the buses keep going round and round:

@CBA_A3;
@hafm_helis;
@hafm_hmmwv_a3;
@sthud_a3;
@xactionui;
@xeventsystem;
@xlib;
@xmedsys

As soon as I add

@acre;
@JayArma3Lib;

to the mix, the wheels stop turning. There is an error which may be relevant to you, though I suspect it's more to do with ACRE.

CFp4tKJ.jpg

An acceptable solution to this may be disabling the vehicle racks with ACRE, which is something I'll need to figure out.

Adding a new post to bump this thread rather than editing my previous post.

I went through a rather painful process of testing, by starting a mission with the HMMWVs on it, then enabling an addon and placing objects related to it, testing the mission, closing Arma, enabling another mod, restarting, etcetera etcetera and I believe I've found the problem.

Using these mods, the wheels on the buses keep going round and round:

@CBA_A3;
@hafm_helis;
@hafm_hmmwv_a3;
@sthud_a3;
@xactionui;
@xeventsystem;
@xlib;
@xmedsys

As soon as I add

@acre;
@JayArma3Lib;

to the mix, the wheels stop turning. There is an error which may be relevant to you, though I suspect it's more to do with ACRE.

http://i.imgur.com/CFp4tKJ.jpg

An acceptable solution to this may be disabling the vehicle racks with ACRE, which is something I'll need to figure out.

Yes ... this has been reported at the past and I know that ACRE causes issues to my mod ...

Exactly what animations are missing when using acrE?

Can you apply fire geometry LOD - "a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.rvmat" in O2? Cause now when you shoot a vehicle, dust is coming out of it.

Can you apply fire geometry LOD - "a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.rvmat" in O2? Cause now when you shoot a vehicle, dust is coming out of it.

Yes I know ... this is something that I'll do at next update.

Will the fire geometry be updated with realistic armor in the correct places, on the heavy HMMWV? I think the armor plate on the doors even stop 14 mm rounds from favorable angles on the real thing, and giving it heavy armor like that would make it more interesting to use and fight against.

Will the fire geometry be updated with realistic armor in the correct places, on the heavy HMMWV? I think the armor plate on the doors even stop 14 mm rounds from favorable angles on the real thing, and giving it heavy armor like that would make it more interesting to use and fight against.

The most I can do about is to replace with anything A3 have ... I'll not make anything more than that.

NOTE : This is just an import initially made for my gamming team ... not intent to make it better than default A3 BIS content.

Yo, I can help you with fixing materials for fire geometry, I know it's not hard, but it takes alot of time. I can do this for you, I want to fix this great addon asap, I think community will be thankful for such a fix. I also can try to fix camera position of the gunners. All I need is unbinarized p3ds.

Hello:

Is the Model.CFG you have posted in the first page the one that works and you use currently with Physx enabled HMMWVs?

I am working on the MTVR addon, and I need a new Model.CFG for an armed variant, and am wondering if that file you have posted is still good?

Regards,

Richards

Hello:

Is the Model.CFG you have posted in the first page the one that works and you use currently with Physx enabled HMMWVs?

I am working on the MTVR addon, and I need a new Model.CFG for an armed variant, and am wondering if that file you have posted is still good?

Regards,

Richards

Model.cfg has nothing to do with PhysX ... so you can still use it I guess.

Ahh I believe so, very good sir. Hopefully that will allow me to get my Armed MTVR's working, as those have been very confusing

now if only the T-100 wasnt so powerful (i witnessed one take out 20 M2 Humvees surrounding it and didnt even get damaged)

Umm... its a Main Battle Tank, i'd expect nothing less. XD

It's very unfortunate, but with Zeus only the "Hellas"-category of your HMMWVs is listed in the spawn-menu. Probably there's something missing in the CfgPatches, as most your other mods do appear just fine in the dropdown-menus for Zeus. Could you look into that? I like your cars very much and would like to use them as Zeus. :)

Hi Aplion, I believe I found a way how to fix the wheel bug with ACRE. Just rename the HMMWV_Base class to for a example HAFM_HMMWV_Base, that should fix it, because ACRE uses HMMWV_Base class and in the racks system and it's somehow conflicting. RichardsD's hmmwvees had the same issue, but as soon he renamed HMMWV_Base class, wheels were fine.

Cheers!

I was rather curious how you managed to get your HMMWV import to not explode when IED's go off.

Most other vehicles whether they be vanilla or modded catch on fire, then explode when an IED goes off, which is pretty unrealistic in most scenario's.

I hope you wouldn't mind sharing this information.