Sign in to follow this  
lervik

[WIP] Norwegian retexture & equipment

Hi, just saying hi and notifying you that Im currently working on a few norwegian camo pattern to fit the darker terrains. Iex @Nziawogo jungle.

The mod is dependent on Massi's NATO AND RUSSIAN SF WEAPONS pack (HK416, HK417, Glock & Minimee)

The plan is to build a group of units that fit the Norwegian troop layout by equipment & uniforms. Fireteams and so forth.

Here are a few screens of the camo with some personal equipment.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977039804/screenshots/

@Nor_units (category armies)

The mod is aviable on PWS only.

v1.

Fireteam

Fireteam leader 1

MG1

MG2

Soldier

Medic

Fireteam leader 2

Command

Troop CO

Troop NCO

Input, feedback is more then welcome.

Love, Lervik

Edited by Lervik

Looks good, been waiting for a mod like this in ages. Would like to see pictures with a more lightened surroundings if possible, all was bit dark.

Hello Lervik!

I am currently employed in the RNoAF and I want to create some Norwegian content. Not only do I enjoy the OFP/ARMA series on my spare time, but I wish to use ARMA III at work, both for recruitment and training purposes. You can use ARMA in the same way as VBS for a fraction of the cost using community-made content!

I am in the process of learning to mod config.cpp and retexture things, which should be useful for creating a new faction and populating with with BIS models, and custom textures/weapons.

Seeing that I have just started, and you have a few months head start, I'd like to cooperate.

My idea is to create a faction that more addon-makers can contribute to if they want, so we would need to standardize the faction.

I called mine the official name of Forsvaret, which is NAF or Norwegian Armed Forces.

In game it will be found under Blufor/NAF or Norwegian Armed Forces and look something like this:

Air

Armor (D)

Armor

Men (D - Army)

Men (D - RNoAF)

Men (D - National Guard)

Men (Army)

Men (RNoAF)

Men (National Guard)

Men (Navy)

Etc...

This will allow addon makers to add own brigades or sections of the norwegian armed forces by placing it under NAF, then for instance Men (Telemarksbataljonen), to keep all Norwegian stuff under one common faction.

The idea of "D" is to designate Desert camo and we could add "W" for winter camo and more.

I have started by creating the M04 desert camo variant, and I'm hoping to be able to show some screenshots later today or by the weekend. Seeing that I am learning to do Config.cpp it's going slow, but I went from no experience to a retextured AAF soldier ingame in 3 hours yesterday, so the next stuff should hopefully come along quicker!

Please let me know if you are interested in collaborating :)

I think we should put some Norwegian forces in the battlefield!

There is another post by a forum member called quakecry, he is also implementing Norwegian stuff into arma, we should get in touch with him too!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151071-Norwegian-forces-WIP