Sign in to follow this  
daoarge

[MP] COOP@18 Pitchblack (Stratis) v1.2

After making MP missions for A2 for almost 4 years, I'm proud to release my first mission for A3.

I started working on this mission when A3 was still in Alpha and after about 10 months of developing, improving, testing and two events later I consider it mature enough to make my first public release.

Enjoy!

misson type: search&destroy / MOUT

area of operation: Agia Marina (Stratis)

version: v1.2

mission time: April 9th, 00:25 - Full Moon

Intel:

Several explosions have been reported from Agia Marina. Intel believes that enemy forces are trying

to overrun Agia Marina in order to prepare a direct attack on the NATO base located at Stratis Airfield.

Mission:

Your primary mission is to clear Agia Marina of enemy forces. That means checking each and every house down there! Once Agia Marina is clear, wait for further orders.

Secondary objective is to spare civilian population, buildings and property!

Features:

• Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

• Dynamic Viewdistance Settings

• Dynamic AI Spawning System

• Mortar Reload System

• Maintenance Pads

• Vehicle Respawn System

• Crew/Gunner Check System on the AH-99

• Automatic Helicopter Transport

• Helmet IRStrobe

• Save Gear at Flagpole

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS): Enables custom weapon layouts and loading of presets.

Dynamic Viewdistance Settings: Adapt your view distance settings on the fly via your action menu.

Dynamic AI Spawning System: Most of the AI in this mission is spawned dynamically to ensure high replayability. The number of infantry men in an enemy squad is adjusted according to the number of players.

Mortar Reload System: Easy to use custom mortar reload system (see Pt. 4). Guarantees high fire rate support for infantry.

Maintenance Pads: Repair/Refuel/Rearm your vehicle or helicopter there. See markers on map.

Vehicle Respawn System: For details see Pt. 2 'Vehicles'.

Crew/Gunner Check: With the 'crew check' option enabled within the mission parameters only the Pilot team is able to enter the AH-99. The 'gunnercheck' option ensures that the gunner slot is occupied by a human player. Otherwise the pilot won't be able to start the engines.

Automatic Helicopter Transport: Is available only once and only to the Sniper team

Helmet IRStrobe: Easily turned on/off via action menu, helps the pilots to avoid friendly fire.

Save Gear at Flagpole: You can save your current gear layout at one of the flagpoles at base. If you do, you will respawn with the gear you saved. If you don't, then you will respawn with the stuff you hadon you, when you died.

This mission can be played casual or as an event, use the mission parameters to customize the gameplay.

A big thanks goes out to:

- Foxy

- Hawk_Silk

- Tonic

- Fer

- FHW clan

For detailed credits, plz have a look at the manual.

Original misson thread

Download the manual here.

Download an archive including latest version of mission pbo and manual here.

Server hosting this mission can be found here.

Some more missions will be released soon.

Have phun and let me know what you think.

DO

Edited by DaOarge

Updated to v1.4

Changelog:

ADDED: Farooq's Revive (turn on/off via mission parameter) - everybody with a Medkit on him can revive

FIXED: Unable to respawn or suicide when killed inside a chopper or plane (small error within Farooq's revive scripts)

REMOVED: the overview picture from the mission selection screen

CHANGED: Activation condition for Hawks IRStrobe script

CHANGED: Reduced possibility of enemy helicopters spawning

CHANGED: Increased spawning interval of AI

ADDED: Spawning System now kicks in 15mins after mission start

UPDATED: some scripts

All links in the first post are up2date.

have phun,

DO