Sign in to follow this  
KingoftheSandbox

[KOTS] Singleplayer & Coop Scenarios

Lion Claw

Singleplayer & Coop @ 6 - Scenario

3co9gkoigsf.jpg

From the Arma 3 Official Facebook Site (of course im a bit proud of this, thanks Joris-Jan!

Workshop Dev Favorite!

Our brand new Arma 3 Workshop recommendation comes from van 't Land, our very own Project Lead. His pick: 'Lion Claw' by KingoftheSandbox!

Here's what Joris had to say: "The author of this scenario uses various design tools to create a tense atmosphere: weather, time-of-day, fog and ambient combat for example. By applying the British radio protocols and character emblems, you also get a different experience to the more common American point of view. The scenario does not do something incredibly unique or new, but it nails the basics of Arma gameplay and is a lot of fun. Try egressing with your entire team in tact!"

Scenario Description:

British SAS units are striking tactical targets to prepare the landing of NATO ground troops.

Gameplay

Covert Operation; Stealth Gameplay; Special Operation

Coop Info

Respawn: Group

Scripts: No revive scripts are used and are not planned to build in upcoming or this releases, feel free to add them by yourself and use the mission intern. Same goes for VAS. I like the scripts but i want to keep my missions realistic and mostly "clean", to be able to provide feedback on issues for the vanilla game.

It took some time, but finally i can release my first mission for Arma 3!

Hope you enjoy it, feedback appreciated!

The mission is released also availible on Steam workshop. [Thanks BIS for the integration!]

Version 1.50 Changelog

Version 1.50 Changelog

-Changed Hunter with Ifrit in OP#3

-Added new optional task

-added 2 different ends connected to the new task

-AI is not in safe mode from start

-corrected overview picture size

-ajdusted end mission text and picture

-changed Orca to Kajman

-added Madrid APC as patrol

-added AT AI to player team

-finetuning of enemy positions on guardposts

-adjusted tasks success for OP´s

-adjusted route for reinforcements

-fixed helicopter not visible as enemy for AI

-fixed general problem of task progression sometimes failing

-adjusted daytime back to old state

Version 1.40 Changelog

-Fixed mission does not end with extraction

-Fixed AI on guardposts not reacting to incoming rounds

-Fixed task progression problem;-Added UAV Overview Intro

-Added AI on guardposts now defending themselfs with stationary weapons or vehicles

-Adjusted LZ for extraction;

Version 1.30 Changelog

-Fixed problems with succeeded tasks gettin assigned new

-fixed helicopter behavior

-fixed extraction route

-changed coop version has now respawn "group"

Version 1.21 Changelog

-Hotfix for chopper task released, -task is now active from beginning of the mission

Version 1.20 Changelog

-Removed task "Hide from KA-60", mission does not fail if detected (unfair spotting with knowsAbout command)

Version 1.10 Changelog

-Added task for extraction

-Added proper headprotection to team

-Adjusted helicopter route and awareness

-Adjusted enemy units skill

-fixed automatically marking of next tasks

-adjusted enemy AA positions for easier approach

-adjusted daytime

Steam Workshop

SP: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222316388

Coop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222316901

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24478

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Thanks KingoftheSandbox. Could you provide some more information about your mission? Especially respawn type, and revive scripts used.

Respawn: Official Respawn System from BIS with tickets is used. Per joined player 1 ticket is added to your team. Players allways spawn near the teamleader. Respawn Time is 30

Too bad, we don't play with respawn. if the mission is possible with no respawn, we will love if you'd make a "GROUP" or "SIDE" respawn type version.

You do not respawn immediately after 30 secounds, but you find yourself in the respawn position menu, seeing how much spawns are left. just dont spawn again and be dead;-)

Otherwise you can just remove the InitPlayerlocal.sqf from the mission folder, so you do not have any respawn tickets and the mission ends if everybody is dead.

i want to keep it on this 2 versions, otherwise its getting a mess with the downloads and on steam workshop.

Your mission looks nice but I would like to know if there is a way to set up the skill of all the AIs that are spawn throughout the mission?

I hope you don't mind if I modified it and add two more playable slot and also disable the respawn (that's why I asked for the skill)?

Thanks in advance :)

Feel free to modify the mission as long as you keep it intern! No, right now there is no option for changing the AI skill. Not for enemys and not for playable units. AI is persistent from mission start, no units are spawned during the mission!

Feel free to modify the mission as long as you keep it intern! No, right now there is no option for changing the AI skill.

Don't worry I will not release anything without the approval of the author (it's for internal use only in this case).

you can just remove the InitPlayerlocal.sqf from the mission folder, so you do not have any respawn tickets and the mission ends if everybody is dead.

Sure, but will the mission be possible without respawn?

I think so, I lowered the AI skill and now we're trying to use the xMedsys ;)

you mean balance wise? It is, definitly, because i ended it several times alone with the AI!

you mean balance wise? It is, definitly, because i ended it several times alone with the AI!

Good news :). Will edit out the respawn.

Good news :). Will edit out the respawn.

Already done ;)

Will give feedback when we give it a good blast.

Thanks for the mission, we played it and liked it!

The only complain I would make is that when

the enemy chopper sees you, the mission is failed.

Keep up the good work and I wishe you are going to make more mission like that.

Nice you enjoyed the mission! Just released Version 1.10. Changelog is in the first post, helicopter should not spot you easy now.

Mission is failed because you have to operate undercover to prevent early concealment by the enemy.

Just received 1.20 update. Changelog in first post.

1.21 hotfix released.

1.30 released with important fixes, changelog first page

Great mission and good work, lovable gameplay. And that dusk light on the sky, every is great! Please make another mission like this, thank you!

Thanks cnotka for your feedback! Well, BIS did whole work with the light-engine, love it. Be sure this will not be the last mission, its just the beginning *devilsmile*

Update 1.40 is out, see first page.

Thanks for providing us a group respawn version! We played this mission last night and we all liked it. Very atmospheric and engaging, looking forward to more of your work! Keep up the GROUP respawn approach and you'll have perssistant "clients" for your missions :)

I suppose we played an older version, but maybe some of the errors we encountered were not reported before so here goes:

We killed the 4 guys at the first post, the objective didn't tick. We also took out some other patrols at the vicinity of this post. What are the conditions for completing the first post's task? I believe we had the same error on the second post.

The chopper spotted us and the mission was a failure. That was dissapointing but I see you already changed that so we will definitely play this one until a successful completion!

Hey Variable. You definitly played an older version, as you mentioned allready. Condition for the guardposts are that the four man teams on the OP are killed. Might have been broken in previous updates.

You got luck that the ticket system is often broken with dev branches, so i had to remove it. But i think its the best decision for realistic gameplay, which i want to offer in my missions, so il stay with it;-)

You might want to wait till MO/TUE next week. Il release an updated version of the mission then.

Thanks, looking forward to it. Will you be so kind to announce when the update is ready here on the BIF? I have to do the update manually since a dedicated server cannot be subscribed to the workshop.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

You got luck that the ticket system is often broken with dev branches, so i had to remove it. But i think its the best decision for realistic gameplay, which i want to offer in my missions, so il stay with it;-)

You might want to wait till MO/TUE next week. Il release an updated version of the mission then.

If so, could you please provide a GROUP or SIDE respawn version? We just can't play missions that permanent death is not part of the deal...

Of course, il update this thread too!

You missunderstood me...or probably more, i did articulate my self wrong...I think group respawn would be the most realistic choice, it will be included;-)

Of course, il update this thread too!

You missunderstood me...or probably more, i did articulate my self wrong...I think group respawn would be the most realistic choice, it will be included;-)

Great! And yeah, I just read your post again and now I get it :)

Updated Version 1.50 availible on Steam Workshop now, for changes see first post please.Armaholic soon.

Thought i have to mention it, i was really honoured that Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, Project Lead of Arma III enjoyed my mission and is giving me feedback on it on the workshop. Good advertising for the mission itself and shows again that BIS cares what the community does;-) Thanks!