Sign in to follow this  
KING5TON

ARMA 3 Wasteland Chernarus Server

Hi

The UKGZ group is hosting an ARMA 3 wasteland server running the Chernarus map.

Server can be found when you search for Host UKGZ or use the IP and port 62.210.124.46:2502

Our teamspeak server is ts.uk-gaming-zone.co.uk

If you need any help getting on please join teamspeak and look for me Kingston or Winstonsmith and we'll help you out.

To Play you will need a copy of the A3MP mod.

Get that here

A3MP http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

To install the mod open the compressed file you downloaded (if you can't open the file try installing WinRAR)

Enter the first folder in the compressed file and you should see another folder called @A3MP

Copy this folder and place it in your ARMA 3 folder.

Open Arma 3 (if it was already open then restart it)

From the main menu click Configure

Then click Expansions

Double click on the Map pack mod to enable it.

When you click OK you should be presented with an option to restart the game, click this and the game will restart.

Once restarted you should see a new icon on your ARMA 3 main menu indicating the mod is installed.

You can also check you have the new maps correctly installed easily by checking the editor, if you see the new maps in there you've installed it correctly (if you just see Altis and Stratis still then something went wrong, go back through these instructions and check every part (especially the bit about having @A3MP folder in your Arma 3 folder))

Alternatively you can use this to manage your mods.

PlaywithSIX: http://play.withsix.com/

A3Wasteland Features:

*3 Factions to fight against

*Random missions (Main + side + Money)

*Capture territories

*Random and selectable spawn locations including purchasing spawn beacons.

Server Features:

*Player save by going prone then selecting "SAVE PLAYER" on the mouse wheel.

*Base save by "locking" building items with the mouse wheel.

*More server features to be confirmed.

Random screens

25g57io.jpg[/img]

2ngss44.jpg[/img]

2ym8z61.jpg[/img]

mujq0o.jpg[/img]

IMPORTANT

To save your character make sure you go prone and select Save player from the scroll wheel menu. The next time you log in you will retain all your gear from the last save.

If you die though you have to start from scratch.

EDIT:28/01/2014

Money is now saved and loaded from the database.

Edited by KING5TON

Hi

Sorry to say that the server has been shut down due to lack of interest.

Kingston

Only found out about this, perhaps if chernaurus was a smaller download then it would have been more popular but I've read that it's the arma 2 assets that make the download so big, not the map itself. Was this based on a3wasteland? and would it be possible for us to try out the mission on our server please?

Just stumbled accross this and setup a quick mockup, as soon as the next release of a3wasteland is here i'll also make a proper port to chernarus for @A3MP :)

In the meantime you can find my server running A3Wasteland Chernarus on @A3MP here:

http://www.got2dayz.nl/?page_id=661

100152.png

Thanks Joschaap, I hopped onto that GoT server last night with a few friends. It runs really well although the weather was a bit too sunny (I didnt check later to see if the weather had changed). It was my first time trying A3MP so I was really impressed by how well it looks and it was great to see the Depot object again too :)

The biggest problem I think is that the A3MP pack is very big for a mod and updates to A3MP require a fresh download every time so it's not as accessible as other mods. I'll see if I can get some more people to try it though. I reccomend people to use Arma3sync as we have our own repository but perhaps playwithsix would be better in the case of large mods like this

The biggest problem I think is that the A3MP pack is very big for a mod.

Is there a reason for the 4gb download?

I actually found DayZ before I had even heard of Arma. It'd be good to play on that map..

One of the big issues with new maps, in my opinion, is that BI didnt create a very robust method supporting them. With most other games when new maps and games roll out you simple join the server, download the map or mission and your in. ARMA lacks that system as the maps are huge and the download time would be crazy. Instead they left is to 3rd parties and or the open community. Play with ^ is a good example.

Unfortunately until they fix, grow, enhance the A3 server browser and include some method for letting users get those new maps...they wont get played very much. Its just short sightedness on Bi's part to encourage the community to develop for them then give them no good ways to make their missions and maps available to players directly.

Is there a reason for the 4gb download?

I actually found DayZ before I had even heard of Arma. It'd be good to play on that map..

The map itself is only about 300MB but the assets (textures, objects etc) make up the majority of the download.

I just read some interesting news though, Arma should be supporting addons through Steam soon:

http://makearmanotwar.com/newsletter/march_2014

Not sure how this will work or if Steam will allow big addons like A3MP but you never know...

If all this needs is a db to run, is it possible to use a remote db from the server? I have an sql db on my website I could use, if remote access is doable.

How did you find the building class names to get the loot spawning in the buildings?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to find them and getting no where.

Thanks