Sign in to follow this  
leight

AFTP CompassFix

AFTP CompassFix

logo.png

Hi, ;)

I have just imported bigger compass from ArmA2 to clan addon package - AFTP. I thought I'd share it with you too, I hope it will be helpful.

Screen

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/487814329830745296/9A6DA1D2FDD1B7DC581776460A6437492F7411E6/ (183 kB)

Download

#Dropbox

Changelog v2

- Added bigger compass on map.

Serverkey included.

Visit us at http://www.armafans.pl

Cheers,

Leight

Edited by Leight
Added second mirror.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

How much bigger is it.. Tried it last night and still struggling to read the blooming thing :-)

On your screen shot it appears massive ! but your resolution looks odd ?

Is there anyway of adjusting it ? i.e. can I make it bigger for my old eyes ?

SJ

Look forward to a matching map version. Good Job.

The default Arma 3 Compass is fine, I like it more than the Arma 2. But the problem is the compass in the map, I can not see the bearing there, that is really small and need to be fixed

Is there anyway to make it larger ? I still cannot see the markings even with your mod running.

I run at 1080p with Small interface and the compass is TINY !!

Is it possible to control the size increase with some sort of Userconfig hpp file ? that way I could increase from say 110% to 200% !!!

:)

SJ

Will check when I'm back home tomorrow. Cheers Leight for helping me in my old age :)

WOW perfect. THanks SO much for that. I Highly RECOMMEND this to anyone who wants one bigger.... The compass that is

SJ

So share it with friends or persons which want bigger because i won't publish this :).

Hi, did anyone try this on server with signature protection? I added key on my server, but I had problems to connect.

Never mind resolved, my bad

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Very nice change of things, and even if one could get accostumed to the "new" compass, your version finally works like a real compass again...

The needle's spinning when turning around was soooo utterly ridiculous!

Very, very good change!

And still, I do have a request, rather careful; I don't want to push it:

Would it be possible to step up the quickness of movement of the pin?

Using a real compass you can notice, that the pin is always set to North! The movement seems never to be more than a few milimeters away from the North position. So, there is no prolonged 'turning to North' movement in any compass at all.

Since you have actually reduced this stupid behaviour from the A3 original compass, I am full of hope, that you can even refine it to a real life level.

Quite a lot of disappointed milsim fans, including me, would really appreciate this icing on the cake!

Thank you so much for the recent work.

Can it be made bigger ? I run on very small interface and the compass is too small :( ?

This is great but I find it gets very washed out by sunlight and I have to look up in the sky to read it, like this:

arma3_exe_2014_07_06_15_09_25_553.jpg

arma3_exe_2014_07_06_15_09_31_144.jpg

IRL I guess I'd use my other hand to shield it or hold it closer to my body but we obviously can't do that in ArmA, so is there anyway you could make it less affected or completely unaffected by the sun?

I ve been uptaded compassfix, now bigger compass is available on map.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!