Sign in to follow this  
Ringo82

ArmA 3 Altis Life: How to add a new side / faction / team to ArmA 3 Altis Life?

Hi All,

I need some help with adding in a 3rd Team / Faction to my Altis Life server by Tonic.

I want to add a new side, with a custom spawn point.

I have edited my mission to add the playable groups in etc, I just need to know what I need to do now to make it work with the DB etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ringo

If you dont know what you are doing, dont even try to work on it,

believe me, its hard work and you need some good understanding of tonics code in order to do this.

If you dont know what you are doing, dont even try to work on it,

believe me, its hard work and you need some good understanding of tonics code in order to do this.

But isn't that the point of the OP asking on here, to gain more knowledge?

t

But isn't that the point of the OP asking on here, to gain more knowledge?

t

Exactly Big_T !!

I am learning everyday. I have been through all the code, I have been learning it. I know how to add in Sides on the A3 editor, but I just need to know the core files to edit to make them available in Tonic's Altis Life RPG mission.

Thanks,

Ringo

hey maybe me and my friend can help. me and some of my friends are trying to do the exact same thing to altis life as you are trying to do add the independent/opfor to the map as an extra team. probably for diffrand reasons but still.. wont dont know much of arma3's / tonic's coding so far but we're getting there slowly.. if you want drop me a message and ill send you contact info to teamspeak or anything so we can hook up maybe we can help eachother :D!?

Hey Ringo82 and Gamelord1194: If you search the servers for "Revolution" you will see a type of altis life that has 4 teams / factions: 1:Blufor-cops 2:Opfor-Army 3:Indy-Revolutionists and 4:Civs- Civillian I'm pretty they will be able to point you in the right direction. I'm really loving the multiple factions style of "life", it's a lot of more purposeful action with a lot less butthurt :)

Hey Ringo82 and Gamelord1194: If you search the servers for "Revolution" you will see a type of altis life that has 4 teams / factions: 1:Blufor-cops 2:Opfor-Army 3:Indy-Revolutionists and 4:Civs- Civillian I'm pretty they will be able to point you in the right direction. I'm really loving the multiple factions style of "life", it's a lot of more purposeful action with a lot less butthurt :)

they are able to have those because I don't think they're using mysql for their save files, but rather a local folder of some kind. The mysql i think is what stops us adding extra factions to the Altis life mission, however it is of course possible :p

Does anyone know how to remove the public cop slots or at least reduce them, I have been looking upon the files and making tiny edits but havent found it yet!

Also how can you edit the map and move the location of shops etc, Is there a way to load up the map in the arma3 editor or am i far off here!

Many Thanks

Does anyone know how to remove the public cop slots or at least reduce them, I have been looking upon the files and making tiny edits but havent found it yet!

Also how can you edit the map and move the location of shops etc, Is there a way to load up the map in the arma3 editor or am i far off here!

Many Thanks

Yeah, just change this bit in the core/fn_initCop.sqf

switch (true) do
{
case (str(player) in ["Fed_1","Fed_2","Fed_3","Fed_4","Fed_5","_Fed_6"]):
{
	if(__GETC__(life_adminlevel) < 1)then {endMission "Loser"; } else
	{
		private["_handle"];
		//_handle = player execVM "core\client\fed_init.sqf";
		//waitUntil{scriptDone _handle};
	};
};

case (!(str(player) in ["cop_1","cop_2","cop_3","cop_4"])):
{
	switch (true) do
	{
		[color="#FF0000"]case(__GETC__(life_coplevel) > 0) : {}; // Do nothing[/color]
		case (__GETC__(life_adminlevel) > 0) : {}; //Do nothing
		default {endMission "Loser";};
	};
};
};

And edit it to this

switch (true) do
{
case (str(player) in ["Fed_1","Fed_2","Fed_3","Fed_4","Fed_5","_Fed_6"]):
{
	if(__GETC__(life_adminlevel) < 1)then {endMission "Loser"; } else
	{
		private["_handle"];
		//_handle = player execVM "core\client\fed_init.sqf";
		//waitUntil{scriptDone _handle};
	};
};

case (!(str(player) in ["cop_1","cop_2","cop_3","cop_4"])):
{
	switch (true) do
	{
		[color="#008000"]case(__GETC__(life_coplevel) < 1) : {endMission "Loser"; }; // see ya[/color]
		case (__GETC__(life_adminlevel) > 0) : {}; //Do nothing
		default {endMission "Loser";};
	};
};
};

You're making it so that anyone at all that is less than 1 on cop whitelist will not be allowed.

Cheers!

I'm still trying to figure out how to add shops, let alone move them... I have a few requests lol

Hi Guys

my mate is starting up his own arma 3 Atlas Life RPG server and has managed to set it all up and add lots of stuff on the map and got the police all working (:

The only thing which we cant get to work is the opfor group and get more slots on it. we have the rebel base all set up ready

Any help would be much appreciated through the forum or even better jump on our team speak and run us through it (:

Kind Regards max (: