KC Grimes

[SP] Helicopter Taxi

Welcome to Helicopter Taxi! This is a mission that allows you to not only practice flying various helicopters, but also practice identifying waypoints and landing at/taking off from unique, pre-selected Landing Zones.

Notes:

-Contains adjustable Parameters as a user-friendly way to customize YOUR experience. Once you load the mission, look in the top right of the host screen for the Parameters tab. Choose from 8 different helicopters, multiple weather and fog settings, time of day, and more!

-Created in the MP Editor for use by 1 player. Once you download it you can move it to the SP or MP missions folder to play it however you would prefer.

-Includes 50 unique landing zones that are chosen at random as tasks and are not repeated. Can you make it to all 50!?

-Further notes included in the mission briefing, please take the time to look in order to ensure the best experience with the mission.

Good luck, Pilot! Please feel free to rate this mission and post comments here or in the Steam Workshop to tell others and myself how you feel about Helicopter Taxi. I create missions for the community, so I beg for your positive and negative feedback in order for me to adjust my missions to the community's desires, along with add to them!

V1.0 - Launch

V1.1 -

-Fixed: Units in spawned squads becoming "lost" or "stuck", specifically in rocks

-Changed from spawning at offset to spawning at lz then moving to offset

-Reduced offset and corrected math to include all 4 quadrants instead of just North East quadrant

-Changed: Moved some reported LZs slightly to avoid unfair challenges

-Changed: Added description to Pilot for cosmetics

-Added: Unique spawn locations for helicopters at mission start

-Added: Repair, Refuel & Rearm System - Only usable with invulnerability is disabled - Action appears to initiate repair/refuel sequence upon becoming disabled on the ground or after landing at the indicated air base. Note: Leaving early aborts sequence.

-Fixed: Mission not completing as intended

-Fixed: Squad members getting angry when you kill their brothers (Don't tell them I did this, alright?)

-Added: Scoring system that simply gives you points for every soldier successfully delivered. Enabled by default, can be disabled in params.

-Added: Crew members now aboard applicable aircraft, for use in extra-hairy situations and your sight seeing pleasure

-Added: A random number of enemy AA soldiers will now spawn individually at random positions across the map

-AA damage reduced to 1/7 of full

-Added: On applicable helicopters, doors will now open and close upon squad embarkment and disembarkment

-Added: Warning message at startup to SP users (Reminder: To customize parameters, you must play on a hosted MP server)

V1.15

-Added: Green smoke grenades are now popped by squads on the ground to better indicate the LZ when the player is in range

-Fixed: Removed ability to go to Air Base, obtain the action, then call it whenever and wherever

V1.16

-Fixed: Made smoke more effective at a range

-Fixed: Bug that caused the repair system to execute if the player had invulnerability enabled

Steam Workshop Page

Also, check out SP Helicopter Patrol!

I am absolutely loving this! Awesome fun, good practice, lots of options on how I want to play. I would highly recommend this mission to any Arma pilot, new or experienced.

Thank you very much for this Grimes!

Quick question.

Any chance we may see an Arma 2 version?

I am absolutely loving this! Awesome fun, good practice, lots of options on how I want to play. I would highly recommend this mission to any Arma pilot, new or experienced.

Thank you very much for this Grimes!

Quick question.

Any chance we may see an Arma 2 version?

Glad you enjoyed it! As I had mentioned in replies to some comments in the Steam Workshop, I hope to add a few more features to it, which the player could enable/disable or alter as they please via the parameters. So stay tuned for future updates!

Regarding an ArmA 2 version, unfortunately I will say no for now as I don't even have the game installed since getting ArmA 3. However, perhaps I could make do at some point in the future.

I am pleased to announce the release of V1.1 of Helicopter Taxi! This update reflects upon the suggestions and comments I received through Steam and these forums, in addition to some personal ideas. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the new update!

Can you make another mission like this but with attack target objects?

Both helicopters and jets.

Can you make another mission like this but with attack target objects?

Both helicopters and jets.

I've received this suggestion a few times and plan on doing such a thing. Stay tuned!

This is Fantastic Mission, I enjoy playing this very much.

Well done!.. Thank you for sharing it :)

Original post updated with a link to the V1.16 download with the changelog included. Also, you can find my new attack helicopter version of this mission, Helicopter Patrol, HERE! Enjoy!

;2614883']I am pleased to announce the release of V1.1 of Helicopter Taxi! This update reflects upon the suggestions and comments I received through Steam and these forums' date=' in addition to some personal ideas. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the new update![/quote']

such a good invention, i like to see those things in the transportation from heathrow to london.

Hi, I did just make 8 of the 50 dropoffs, but I like this alot. No stress because nobody shoots me, and lots of opportunities to practice takeoffs and landings. A pure SP version would still be much appreciated, because i miss the save function and some kind of background story, banter between pilots, radio messages... would be much more immersive this way!

Updated to V1.2! Thank you all for your feedback. More detailed changelog in the change notes.

Added ability to modify amount of damage taken (used to always be 16%)
No longer "teleport" to service pad if already there
Service system now resets in a way that allows an on-pad crash
Add ability to save

Keep the feedback coming!