Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CV - ArmA 3 Coop: Vietnam

I'm so excited I"ll drop some bananas

:yay::yay::yay:

Edited by SavageCDN

Im polishing Arma Samples Mod and working on A3CS. Vietnam is under closed tests in our community team,

I can do some screens, but videos im sure are even better. Videos are in polish obviously, so im sure no1 will understand a word, but u can see how it looks like in tests.

That videos were awesome! I'd like some screens but :)

Seem you got some really nice work. As you are testing it already, could you explain what will be in the first release.

Looks Excellent, I can't wait to get started.

I use the Nziwasogo map now, will there be any naming conflicts with the A3CV map?

The models look good but the Americans need a camo cover on their helmets (IMHO).

I hope we get a release soon.

thanks for this mod. I'm a huge Vietnam era fan for ARMA and have played the VTE and UNSUNG mods for years. It doesn't have to be 100% authentic by any means, its a game, just need enough authentic feel to give atmosphere and immersive play.

Edited by Dr@gon

Holy shit this mod is exactly what Ive been waiting for, it all looks amazing.

Can we get any news on the progress being made? :)

How much of the map is modified from the original ? Does the map have, as part of the map objects, American FOB that you have placed? enemy camps or fortified villages? Have any of the towns been modified, deleted or added to?

I have been using the NZiwasogo map since its release and having a new version of the map with some additions as noted above would be a good compliment as long as the land itself doesn't change too much.

Is there any idea when the map will be released?

Okay here is small update. About screens, imageshack fuk up somthing i will reupload them with release. And about release, mod is ready, i just need M16A1 model, but saddly my 3d artist is on vacations so release can be hold for 1 - 2 months.

Okay here is small update. About screens, imageshack fuk up somthing i will reupload them with release. And about release, mod is ready, i just need M16A1 model, but saddly my 3d artist is on vacations so release can be hold for 1 - 2 months.

You could ask to Kaelies or Massi if they can borrow you their M16.

Look forward to release!

Surely an M16A1 wouldnt be hard to acquire with the amount of models of it released around here. :)

Look forward to release!

Surely an M16A1 wouldnt be hard to acquire with the amount of models of it released around here. :)

It seems to me that this is not so simple :P

The VTE test mod (released on the ol´alpha times http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20750 ) has a great texturized M16A1 just needing a better config (it has no recoil at all, but it shoots, reloads and kills), you may ask Snake Man and voila! (I know configjob is your skill)

[Edit] Besides my suggestion in using VTE test M16A1: whats the problem of using in the meanwhile RH´s M16A1, which is top notch? Did RH didn´t authorized you to have RH M4 mod as a requirement or you want to make this mod as standalone as possible, Alduric?

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Saddly booth Snake and RH didnt respond for my msgs. Anyway RH's M16A1 is piece of art <3

Edited by Alduric

Well, lets wait a couple of days or just release it now using BIS M16A2 and when you receive an answer from either Snake or RH, you may hotfix with a config using the M16A1 =)

It´s not a gamebreaker, just eye candy, which can be fixed in some time... but it´s up to you, Alduric!

cheers!

[Edit] Anyway, we all can use VAS to change whatever M16 you use for now to RH M16A1 lol ;)

Nah, id like to do somthing good instead of making placeholder like m16a2. I will find a solution :)

You could speak to Massi to get permission to use his SF weapons pack, they include the M16(but A4 varient) and AKM so it would save a lot of work on modelling on your part.

I was hoping this mod would be ready sooner because I wanted to use it in a Vietnam war era video. But oh well, "good things come to those who wait". Just keep up the good work Alduric and we're hoping for a release soon. Anyone interested in an ArmA 3 vietnam video (with lots of combat but I had to remove the music), Put on some HENDRIX, CCR, STONES, DOORS and check out

Edited by XgrunT

Sorry guys. I think I'm the one holding this up. I modelled a weapon for alduric but my textures are on par with a kindergartners finger paintings so I am taking a while trying to get them looking good.

Why don't you ask Sakai if you can use his M16? Or has somebody mentioned that?

Anyway cannot wait for this mod as i've just figured out how to add custom music in missions :D Hoping for a ww2 mod soon as well

Can't wait for this mod! I would do anything just to have that beautiful map, let alone the soldiers and factions. Amazing work!

Hey Alduric just wondered what the situation was with that M16? You any closer to release?

Okay small update. I have to finish english translation and i will release it to public. Few days guys. Also I would like to remind, this is NOT proffesional mod. Im big fan of Unsung, thats why A3CV was made - To kill some time before real Vietnam experience.

Do not expect much. However, my community had a little fun during the Vietnam tests, maybe you will like it.

Okay small update. I have to finish english translation and i will release it to public. Few days guys. Also I would like to remind, this is NOT proffesional mod. Im big fan of Unsung, thats why A3CV was made - To kill some time before real Vietnam experience.

Do not expect much. However, my community had a little fun during the Vietnam tests, maybe you will like it.

GREAT NEWS! I´m eager to play it, good to know it will be finally released, and rest assured we (or me at least) won´t crucify you if it isn´t perfect, that´s A3, lotsa bug here and there, but if it has that "Nam feeling" it will be indeed a great mod! And a good way to have the Nam kicks while VTE is been ported to A3, someday... (Snakeman is working on it, but it will take some time till it is on par with A2 mod version...)

cheers and congrats on advance!