Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CV - ArmA 3 Coop: Vietnam

ArmA 3 Coop: Vietnam

Some informations

Okay guys, few of you may know me already :) I made few addons like A3MP or nametag. Today is a day when id like to show ya some screens of incoming project. A3CV is mod that will take us into the war in Vietnam. There is no Dev team, i made it alone so there is a long way to make it perfect.

Mod is under closed tests right now - Its fully playable and give us a lot of fun :)

What mod will have in 1st release?

- BLUFOR: US, Sought-Vietnam, Australia.

- OPFOR: North-Vietnam, North Korea, Vietcong

- US Weapons match to the Vietnam War.

- Russian weapons match to the Vietnam War (OPFOR)

- Vehicles like M113, Hueys or BTR40

- Restriction for ACRE system (No 343 or others, only 119 with special Radio Backpack)

- Support for one map at start ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171809-New-Terrain-N-Ziwasogo-%28Wip%29 ) We arleady testing it, and its great !

- And a lot more!

Maps!

A3CV is in Cooperate with F.S.F. Mod will include prepared version of their map which is really great!

Requirements

- Mod will require @A3MP

Some screenshots:

zwhh.jpg

gjq0.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1192x718q90/38/ub2e.jpg (270 kB)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1051x731q90/571/lmxa.jpg (122 kB)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1072x731q90/837/e0a2.jpg (159 kB)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1005x731q90/841/hzt9.jpg (282 kB)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/693x531q90/577/lelf.jpg (140 kB)

If you know anything about 3d modeling, mapmaking, scriptmaking and wants to help in this project - Contact us!

Edited by Alduric

You only list couple vehicles, will it include the Chinook and Cobra along with the Huey thats already listed?

This is not full list ofc. I will not tel at this moment what exacly it will include.

:O well done sir!! this is what you have been doing!!

1 quick question :P

will the vegetation block the enemies LOS also?

i know that UNSUNG in arma 2 this was not the case and the AI would kill you through 100m of pure foliage

Is it just me are are you beginning to spread yourself just a little bit thin?

Looking forward to this all the same. Not enough Vietnam stuff out there. :)

Is it just me are are you beginning to spread yourself just a little bit thin?

Looking forward to this all the same. Not enough Vietnam stuff out there. :)

Sorry :(

I can't model but I can texture (albeit I've only started) if you need help or an extra hand with that.

Can't help much on the creative side but if you need reference/input/info on the Aussies let me know and I'll see what I can dig up if I don't have anything on hand.

Great to see Australia featured in a Vietnam mod!

Alduric, would you consider throwing New Zealand in the mix forming the ANZAC together with Australia? In which case would also form the ANZUS.

Edited by Modder
added ANZUS

Did New Zeland also fight in Vietnam? Damn i need to dig some infos and photos - But ofc! If NZ also was there, they will be inside A3CV.

PS no shit - I wish to live or at last visit New Zeland, so hard.... QQ

Did New Zeland also fight in Vietnam? Damn i need to dig some infos and photos - But ofc! If NZ also was there, they will be inside A3CV.

PS no shit - I wish to live or at last visit New Zeland, so hard.... QQ

Yep, certainly did although just in small numbers. Source: http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/asian-conflicts/page-5

Since I dont have much information about their equipment during the war, Id imagine they'd be almost the exact same as the Aussies, just with different flags where applicable.

Oh, come down to Aus first before going to NZ. :P

Okay why not? They will looks probably the same, but with another flag :)

IIRC the Koreans had similar equipment as the US and were the 2nd largest force there.

Okay why not? They will looks probably the same, but with another flag :)

AFAIK there wasn't much in the way of kiwi combat troops, mostly heavy arty (which was attached to american/Australian arty units), medical and engineer teams and the NZSAS (which was attached to the Australian SAS).

Though, both countries wore OD uniforms (shoulder flags weren't a thing at the time and the NZ, AU and US Special forces were pretty much all using vietnam produced tiger stripe at the time or ERDL if tiger was unavailable), used the same rifles (L1A1 SLR's and M16's. SF typically had modified L2A1's which were automatic, typically had cut down barrels, heatguards and such for weight and access to larger 30rnd mags and american XM148 grenade launchers.) and equipment.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

IIRC the Koreans had similar equipment as the US and were the 2nd largest force there.

Yup, contribution wise it was ARVN, US, SK and AU with a bunch of other countries in the south east asia area making up the rest.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Can any1 convirm that US and Australian forces used Thompson and Garand ALSO with M16 and other stuff?

erm im not sure if they were used together... as the m16 kind of took over the Thompson.

but they did use carbines

Here you'll find a lot of pictures about gears, camos and everything maybe that this could help you: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?125381-Vietnam-war-era-pics-of-special-units-LRRPS-MACV-SOG-AATV-SEALS-FFL-GREEN-BERETS/page52

By the way I really like that idea, cold war era addons are the things that I really miss in that game. I'm tired of modern addons, So I'm looking forward to it ! Unfortunately I can't help with models only with textures. :(

Thanks JackBender, so i will add garands and thompsons m1 - Those guns was also used in vietnam ( I love them )

Whats new?

- I just finish Hueys, works great - Left and Right gunner working properly!

- Got guns: M16A1, M16A1GL, M16A2, M16A2GL, M14, M60, COLT1911,FN-FAL (used as i saw on photos), rpg18.

Now im going to work on Australians uniforms, hats and new backpacks.

Can any1 convirm that US and Australian forces used Thompson and Garand ALSO with M16 and other stuff?

Never seen it used, I recall the marines having the thompson early on in the war but the Garand was replaced by the M14 by that point.

Weapons used by the ANZACs were L1A1 (FN Fal) SLRs, L2A1 support weapons (heavy barrel, automatic FN Fals), M16's, M79's, XM148's.

Also the M16A2 wasn't introduced until the late 80's... it was originally a product improvement based on experience from vietnam.

It depends on what units you're talking about, for example the special forces used nearly every gun from the WW2... By the way will you include custom animations ?

Weapons used by the ANZACs were L1A1 (FN Fal) SLRs, L2A1 support weapons (heavy barrel, automatic FN Fals), M16's, M79's, XM148's

Additionally, the Owen smg was used earlier in the Vietnam war which was later replaced by the F1 smg.

just bang them all in there..

example.. Rifleman (M16)

Rifleman (m14) (carbine) (Thompson) etc etc

could do this with every unit so we get the choice :P

or if bis hurrys up and implements that inventory editor