Sign in to follow this  
makhno

New Terrain N'Ziwasogo (Wip)

I'm pleased to present my latest terrain for Arma 3 : N'ziwasogo

The map is 20 x 20 km, mostly covered with thick (yet playable) jungle and also features many Towns and settlements.

3.500.000 objects, nearly all of them are green.

Of course almost all objects are from Arma 2 era.

The map will feature custom jungle fauna sounds.

We're curently busy testing the map, and if everything goes according to schedule, we should be able to release this map in the coming weeks.

I Thank Icebreaker for giving me permission to use buildings from Duala, Alduric for his A3MP which improves A2 buildings render, and Berghoff for his wonderfull african foliage addon.

Presentation Video :

phoca_thumb_l_00.jpg

http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/images/phocagallery/Arma3-ile-nziwasogo/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_07.jpg (110 kB)

http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/images/phocagallery/Arma3-ile-nziwasogo/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_08.jpg (113 kB)

http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/images/phocagallery/Arma3-ile-nziwasogo/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_13.jpg (102 kB)

More screenshots here :

http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/

Really neat, there's always room in my life for some jungle terrain! What's the framerate like with so much foliage around?

Actualy pretty good for the infantryman on the ground. If you keep your View distance to a moderate distance (anyway you don't see far away). Having High view distance badly impacts FPS even if you don't actualy see the objects.

In the air, with 12000m distance, it's a little bit more difficult.

WOOW! Can't wait to play with it in the editor :D

I have a concern though, and it's aggressive LOD switching. BIS has done a rather terrible job with the maps (grass having a sh*t ton of unnecessary LODs, textures becoming very low res over short distances, foliage pop-ups, etc)

Not sure if you can do anything about it, but if you can, I encourage you to try. LODs changing in front of you, without at least some sort of gradual switching, has a really bad impact on player immersion. Outstanding job nonetheless.

I really like that bay with a small island airport there, great job Makhno.

Whats the biggest aircraft will we be able to land on the airport?

@Modder :

The whole southern part of the airport-island is a flat surface. At the moment the runway is 2 km long, plenty of space to land pretty much anything including B-52s :)

Now we have to find B-52s.

@FrankHH : sorry can't do anything about LODs, the goood news is that Berghoff's African foliage tends to behave rather better than A2 trees ported to A3.

.Can't watch video. Says video blocked in the US due to copyright.

EDIT: Works OK on PC not smartphone.

Edited by sttosin

Just played on Koplic the other day for the first time it was very good for heli training since it has a lot of gaps in its tree lines, I also had fun trying to fly a buzzard down the river at low alt. Is there going to be more work on Koplic in the future? I feel it needs some bridges becuase where the road drops off into the river is quite sharp.

Looks very good I will try it out when it's up on PW6, I just hope my frame rate doesn't hit the basement.

Looks amazing! :) I kinda missed a good 'atmosphere' on Koplic. mainly because the buildings are placed rather random, and it misses smaller objects near/ in villages.

I hope the atmosphere's better on this one! (looks like it is)

A nice map, although it looks fairly flat with no mountains of any kind or even hills.

Looks good so far. If you need pictures of the real thing I've been on safari a few times.

The only thing that stood out to me is the sand along the riverbeds, it's too light.

.Can't watch video. Says video blocked in the US due to copyright.

Youtube being very stupid these days... ZenMate as an extension is very useful to get past region lock.

It looks gorgeous although my computer ain't gonna like it too much I suspect... Anyway are those buildings from Armed Assault? If yes, they are mostly closed. Any hopes of using the modified buildings from the sahrani port by SMD?

Config Tigertripe Camo to NATO units, use VTE or SUdden´s terrorists with oriental faces, put RH M16A1 and Aplion´s M60 as loadout and you´ll have a Vietnam mission... looking forward this map =)

This may be a little selfish lol but will all the rivers be able to have boats Run through them? Other wise looks really good

This looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this and build some missions with it! Keep up the awesome work guys!!!!