sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Hallo Sickboy

I have recently switched to steam just to get new update (1.63) and since than i am unable to get my PwS start and running. On steam i got Arma X and my Arma 2 it is installed in 2 separate folders, Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Normally when i start OA in Steam i basically running COmbined.

So problem is i am unable to run Combined Operations in PwS. I can run Arma 2 or OA but cant figure how to run them bout together. When i run OA in PwS it starts only Operation Arrowhead, BAF and PMC. I need help mate.

Hey Ivan,

Combiend Ops is listed as a separate game in the list of games, make sure to expand the 'Not installed' section if it is not auto-detected.

To make CO work, either the games have to be merged, but this is not the case with Steam for instance, so in that case you need to make sure that you configure ARMA2 Original to the ARMA 2 folder, and ARMA 2 Combined Ops to the OA folder.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. Solved it finally. When installing game on Steam i did not run it with admin rights so PwS was telling me no game installed. Run Arma and OA once with admin and installed CO.

Edited by Ivan911

Our latest blog post is up!

We're talking about what we've achieved these past 2 years and how big we currently are while also looking a at our costs and previewing some of our next goals when we Level UP! http://withsix.com/blog/level-up

Level UP
Wouldn't it be great if you could easily find, download and keep all your mods up to date - especially as a multiplayer community?
Two years ago as a small group of dedicated ARMA players and modders, we set out to create a tool and platform to fulfill these needs. Our goal is to take away all the hassle around accessing fan made content, for both single players as for entire communities playing together.

Providing over 1300 mods to more than 30.000 users daily, we will share a bit more on the size of the current project and talk about our financial situation. This post will also preview some of our ideas to improve it and plans to move further improving the services.

Read the rest on our blog...

Hi

Iam triing to run little 6player Group for Arma II CO with ace and bunch of other mods. We use Play with six, and we have a problem.

Out of 6 people, 4 people have troubles downloading, installing or updating mods trough PWS.

Any mod they try to get, doesnt matter if they are downloading new or updating mod they allready have, will go to about 50-97% then the download/update freezes, and wont continue.

We have same version of armaII OA and same version of PWS all of us, yet 2 of us ore ok and the rest has issues.

So far we solve it by me downloading trough PWS RaR packing and E-mailing the mods to the troubled, but it isnt good enough for longterm solution.

Also my PWS crashes a lot lately with no apparent reason. I sent a lot of crashreports.

mzLU7b1.jpg

Fresh from the roast, update v1.52 is now available, get ready to share your collections directly with friends, clans and the world.

Read on to check out all the new goodies.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Hi

Iam triing to run little 6player Group for Arma II CO with ace and bunch of other mods. We use Play with six, and we have a problem.

Out of 6 people, 4 people have troubles downloading, installing or updating mods trough PWS.

Any mod they try to get, doesnt matter if they are downloading new or updating mod they allready have, will go to about 50-97% then the download/update freezes, and wont continue.

We have same version of armaII OA and same version of PWS all of us, yet 2 of us ore ok and the rest has issues.

So far we solve it by me downloading trough PWS RaR packing and E-mailing the mods to the troubled, but it isnt good enough for longterm solution.

Also my PWS crashes a lot lately with no apparent reason. I sent a lot of crashreports.

Sorry for the late response Mirek, I've forwarded your issue to our team but we probably will need some additional info.

Best to make a ticket on our support site: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix

Hi

Hi,

We've addressed a bunch of stuff in 1.52, hopefully this improves your experience already somewhat.

Please let us know if there are any remaining issue sand we'll dive right in! :)

314rz8i.jpg

Read the full post at: withsix.com/blog/improve-your-experience-with-premium

We're pleased to announce the release of our additional, premium services,

which on top of all the free services and benefits you have become acustomed to from us for years,

adds additional benefits, performance and features, and most importantly; helps us to sustain our service.

As announced in our earlier blog posts; the-sonic-barrier, and level-up, cost has been an issue for us for quite some time;

Bandwidth, servers, staff, and a lot of engineering, development, research and management;

Alot of time, effort and investment went, and goes, into the platform.

Our team, nearly 10 strong, has been tirelessly at work to give you easy and fast access to the latest and greatest of content,

created by many great authors, while removing the hassle and cost involved for authors, communities and players alike.

347ac8w.png

We want to expand and improve on our services, and of course to keep doing what we're doing;

Provide the easiest and fastest access to large collections of mods in both Multiplayer and Singleplayer,

for free, and therefore we need your help.

Some of the things brewing in our dev-labs include giving authors full access and control to manage their content,

and especially the metadata related to the mods.

For players we are working hard on improving the usability, user experience, stability and performance of the platform.

And these are but the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we have in store for you.

We hope for your understanding and we are open to feedback and suggestions, as always.

Yours faithfully

Edited by Sickboy

So I bought the ArmA 2 Complete collection from Steam, and I downloaded the latest version of PlayWithSIX.

However, ArmA 2 nor OA is recognized with PL6, and when I try to set the destination folder where the files are located in Steam (\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2, the following error occurs [http://i.imgur.com/TWuaiHP.png] .

I've looked at the BIS and Steam forums and the only advice I've seen given is to do a complete reinstall. I've done a reinstall, deleted PL6, deleted ArmA, cleared the cache, used regedit and CCleaner to clear out registry files, and yet the same thing happened for the second time.

What should I do?

I've already sent an error report, and I've already uninstalled PlayWithSix, ArmA 2 and OA, deleted the registries, and done a complete reinstall, which also failed.

So I bought the ArmA 2 Complete collection from Steam, and I downloaded the latest version of PlayWithSIX.

However, ArmA 2 nor OA is recognized with PL6, and when I try to set the destination folder where the files are located in Steam (\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2, the following error occurs [http://i.imgur.com/TWuaiHP.png] .

I've looked at the BIS and Steam forums and the only advice I've seen given is to do a complete reinstall. I've done a reinstall, deleted PL6, deleted ArmA, cleared the cache, used regedit and CCleaner to clear out registry files, and yet the same thing happened for the second time.

What should I do?

I've already sent an error report, and I've already uninstalled PlayWithSix, ArmA 2 and OA, deleted the registries, and done a complete reinstall, which also failed.

Hi, the issue should be sorted in the latest build, deployed yesterday evening.

Hope this helps!

Hi, the issue should be sorted in the latest build, deployed yesterday evening.

Hope this helps!

That has worked, thank you for the swift support!

j7yfyw.jpg

We are happy to introduce to you the first phase of the self-management system:

Modders are now able to claim ownership of their mods on our network and adjust the content page all on their own with just a few clicks. Our new editing system allows you to create a slick and customized presentation of your work. Players can learn the best about all the great fan made content out there, directly from the author.

Read more

I made a collection of mods for my team. Most of my Teammembers downloaded the collection OK, but for two of them, After downloading about 93% of the collection PWS stops downloading and does nothing. one solved it by restarting PWS 6times. But the other had no such luck.

Update: After a day of tryiing it finaly worked. A DAY!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mirek
solved

I would like to use withSix more but the way it doubles all of my addons (and therefore the size) is eating up all of my HDD space. Is there any way to avoid this?

I would like to use withSix more but the way it doubles all of my addons (and therefore the size) is eating up all of my HDD space. Is there any way to avoid this?

You can limit the amount of versions kept for starters. Also if you have another disk with more space you can actually set the synq directory to exist on that disk.

Some background info: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/why_does_it_use_nearly_double_disk_space

We're working on a dynamic option though that should make the update process somewhat slower but saves you disk space.

We've done some significant improvements to reliability and stability, as well as further UI tweaks to make using PwS more easy and fun.

It is now even easier to manage collections due to multi-selection actions and drag and drop.

The download experience, performance and reliability has also improved a lot.

There's now also the option to not keep .synq objects or sixzsync .pack folders, for all those who have little diskspace :)

The new installer experience also addresses some concerns of users.

http://withsix.com/changelog

Improvements to error handling and recovery options like 'retry' are slowly making their way into the app.

We still have a long road ahead in the UI department, but hope to get to that in the coming time ahead :)

Edited by Sickboy

My antivirus found a virus caled zsync in play with six. It is a part of PWS and my AV is just freaking out, or it is really a malware?

Also PWS crashes a lot wich i keep reporting for about six months allready and it stll wasnt taken care of. does the error report in PWS even work?

Sorry for the late reply @Mirek: zsync isn't a virus but a tool used to download and install the files to your system. Your AV might not trust it, but it's nothing harmful and an important part of our client!

You can limit the amount of versions kept for starters. Also if you have another disk with more space you can actually set the synq directory to exist on that disk.

Some background info: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/why_does_it_use_nearly_double_disk_space

We're working on a dynamic option though that should make the update process somewhat slower but saves you disk space.

Thanks for the info, how do you set it so older versions aren't saved? Are there any performance issues if I change the synq directory to my 1TB HDD (7200 rpm) versus the SSD I actually have ArmA2 installed to?

Edited by ReconTeam

pMTBTsQ.jpg

We've made some security and stability improvements to our back-end of which you will notice some changes. More about this is described in the full post.

Important: Since these changes affect existing accounts, you probably have to login again and update the client in order for them to take effect.

Read more in the Original post

Authors stay tuned for awesomeness coming your way soon...

Edited by Sickboy

SWhAdDNLMG5zdGFuVGlWep_CTT9TfFYWs5Nj3cMnjnFF6Jq0hlJnweBb1JZcpdZY.png

Good news everybody!

We are excited to inform you about the start of the first test version of our new self-management system for mods.

All mod authors who have successfully claimed their mods on withsix.com are now invited to try submitting new mods and updating their content directly onto withSIX.com.

To learn more about the new features and how to use them, simply browse to: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/submit-and-update-mods-yourself-on-withsix-beta

Greetings,

We have now launched the Open Beta phase for the new self- management system for mods.

Authors are now able to easily and quickly add and update mods on withSIX with this public-beta release by using our newly developed web interface directly on withsix.com.

Spread the word!

Click here to learn more about the new feature.

If you are an author and want to learn all the details check our documentation.

Edited by Sonsalt6

Will this thing ever work properly for everyone? Iam starting to be fed up with PWS. 2 of 8 members of my clan never got tit to work at all, i get "failed to connect" message every other time i launch the program, It crashes at least once a day, i sent tenths of crash repport with my e-mail included back when i still believed they are for something, never got single email, non of the isues got fixed. (well its just the one issue over and over the crash, it stil ocurs, i just gave up sending crashreports).

I got used to all things mentioned above. But now now that shit stopped aplying mods required to join the servers. Before, i just selected a server and PWS downloaded and applyed all the required mods connected me and i could play. Now it just connects to the server, and i get instantly kicked for not having required mods. Seriously WTaF?

PWS seems to be broken since it added GTA V to its game repertory. It's stuck either in "initializing", "syncing" or "processing" states. After a while it crashes with crash report that tells "Leaked a mutex" or something about updater.

Latest update completely broke the client. No longer runs on Windows 10. Can't even get the set up file to run. Incompatibilty error.