sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Meet the new withSIX.com and improved 'Sync withSIX' client approach. Our major update to our website after months of hard work!

Enjoy the new interface and all the great improvements that come with it. 
Discovering and experiencing mods has never been easier. Feel free to combine them in any way you want into Playlists or share them with your friends as Collections. 

The new withSIX.com combines our vision for a platform, dedicated to discovering and experiencing mods. 

Since we started on our journey five years ago we wanted to push the boundaries of how you can experience mods. Starting with the 6th Updater and later PwS, we added version control, Custom repository support and much more. 

Now, we integrated all these amazing features into an easy to use interface. 
No matter if you are a casual gamer or the manager of a major community, the new withSIX.com offers a solution for every user type. 

With this major upgrade, we want to give you an flexible and intuitive way to find, combine and enjoy modifications, while keeping the features we added over the years. 
You can quickly add mods for a casual gaming session to the newly added playlist or create major collections with version control, custom repository support and linked servers, using the same easy to use interface. 

We hope you enjoy the new withsix.com. Let us know how you like the new platform and what you would like us to add next.

https://withsix.com/blog/experience-the-new-withsix-com

Edited by sickboy

Hey Sickboy, pw6 is looking even more slicker, I gotta admit using the presets was awesome but I struggled when I had to search for a mod, always willing to have another crack, id probably be a benchmark, if i can use it anyone can :D also im more interested in the server browser this time round as I find myself online more, are there any advantages over the game default?

Hey Sickboy, pw6 is looking even more slicker, I gotta admit using the presets was awesome but I struggled when I had to search for a mod, always willing to have another crack, id probably be a benchmark, if i can use it anyone can :D also im more interested in the server browser this time round as I find myself online more, are there any advantages over the game default?

Hey Katipo66!

(Just missing one more 6 to be fully withSIX ;-P)

Kidding aside, we are constantly working on improving everything, and especially the UI will be one of our main targets coming time as well.

Any feedback, suggestions, and issues reported will be taken into account to the best of our abilities :)

Regarding the server browser, we offer:

• Automatic enabling and downloading of required mods
  • Automatic pick up of custom repositories if needed [if included in server name]
  • Info and Player monitor
  • Favorites
  • Recent server history
  • Advanced and Powerful server filters (incl filter by player)
  • Sorting
  • Join Buddy
  • Queuing (if slots full, wait until slot available and join)
  • Quick Play (jump right into a server, based on several requirements, incl filters if desired)
  • in ARMA2 works around 500 server gamespy limit

Hope that convinces you, otherwise we will work harder! ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

Haha I'll work on that missing 6!

Ok I'm i'll take her for another spin, the program has come along way from the beginning, those server browser options look great especially favorites and recents.

Thanks for the continued work on this! I know this is the shizzle i just need to spend a bit more time with it :D

Amazing work, Sickboy!

It's looking better and better now for every update.

Amazing work, Sickboy!

It's looking better and better now for every update.

Hey T.O!

Thanks man, hope to dive into usability optimizations soon too ;-)

Great support, MUCH improved GUI, 200 or so mods. Who needs steam workshop?

Two questions... Why is it called withSix, PlaywithSix? Never understood it.

... And lastly, is there an eta on updating, and making custom repo?

Great support, MUCH improved GUI, 200 or so mods. Who needs steam workshop?

Two questions... Why is it called withSix, PlaywithSix? Never understood it.

... And lastly, is there an eta on updating, and making custom repo?

Thanks Spectre :)

Well SIX comes back from my community 6th Sense from back in the day, and it also kinda say's Sick's, so Sick's Updater, etc.

withSIX is a play on that (invented by Paragraphic L) so we can always put words in front of it, so you can do a lot of things ... withSIX :)

Regarding the repositories; we are working on new tools for that, but for the time being SIX Updater Repo Manager should suffice,

our focus is mainly on the Client for the time being :)

The main differences for the new tools will be Synq support (multi version and branch support for mods and missions)

incl the possibility to lock to specific versions/branches on the official network, and much improved UI for managing configuration and repo.

As bonus probably will no longer be need to host a repo on your own, if all you want to host is configuration, not actual content.

As well as providing additional configuration and management tooling for dedicated servers ;)

Edited by Sickboy

PwS is much better from where it was at. I just do not like all the ads (They make the program look tacky.) and I feel that the GUI still needs to be improved a lot.

PwS is much better from where it was at. I just do not like all the ads (They make the program look tacky.) and I feel that the GUI still needs to be improved a lot.

Thanks Nicholas. Many improvements coming very soon, incl alternative options.

Edited by Sickboy

I think the ads are fine, and normal for free software, maybe give some specific feedback on what improvements you think the GUI needs

EDIT: NVM gave some feed back but it wasnt useful as i need use a bit more.

Edited by Katipo66

Do mods needed to be added separately here? As in addons on Steam Workshop may not be found on Six?

Also if I download a mission from Six that requires addons, will it automatically download them too? That would be a big selling point for me, since now I usually skip addons that require a list of other required mods simply because I just don't feel like looking for them all! Thanks.

Do mods needed to be added separately here? As in addons on Steam Workshop may not be found on Six?

Also if I download a mission from Six that requires addons, will it automatically download them too? That would be a big selling point for me, since now I usually skip addons that require a list of other required mods simply because I just don't feel like looking for them all! Thanks.

Mods downloaded from elsewhere can be found in the local mods section of Play withSIX. Same for missions but in the mission section.

We manage our own CDN to host multiple versions and branches and also support delta patching.

Regarding the missions; the missions on our system will automatically handle the mod dependencies if they are specified by the author.

Otherwise it is also rather quick to find them and add them to a collection :)

Edited by Sickboy

Ok, ok i can use this version lmao!! :rofl:

The point being ive always been a bit lost with all other versions, but it didnt really take long to figure it out with 1.12

Hopefully some not too painful questions

When im browsing my 'LOCAL/mods' in pw6 and click on a mod already downloaded in my directory, it may give an option to install, does this just update files from within my A3 directory, or does it install elsewhere, also i see it creates files in my documents/arma3, i guess this is nothing to be concerned about and part of the management of PW6.

Also do user configs with mods get handled by pw6 or is there some manual setup required for these.

Hello,

I never used six-updater in the past so I'm not quite sure with something on withSix.

In regards to the mod management and auto-updating, I'm not clear on whether or not this features automatic version updates when mods do update? Or will I still have to download the new versions manually?

Thanks in advance

We now have ARMA2/OA islands support for ARMA3 as of 1.13 beta, when you have the ARMA 3 Map Pack (A3MP) mod active!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack&p=2601952&viewfull=1#post2601952

Enjoy

Ok, ok i can use this version lmao!! :rofl:
Great!! Welcome to the party, friend! :)
Hopefully some not too painful questions
Sure, bring it on!
When im browsing my 'LOCAL/mods' in pw6 and click on a mod already downloaded in my directory, it may give an option to install, does this just update files from within my A3 directory, or does it install elsewhere, also i see it creates files in my documents/arma3, i guess this is nothing to be concerned about and part of the management of PW6.
There are some minor issues with handling updates on local mods, we're ironing these out for an upcoming version, hopefully not too far out :)

Regarding files in My Documents; this is the default and recommended installation path for mods as it's in user space. Installing mods to the game folder instead stems from the days of OFP, when there was no Windows version with UAC / protected folders etc :)

The additional .synq folder is our package manager cache that stores metadata about the packages and objects, the objects are used to provide quick and small delta patches when-ever there are updates, as well as allows easily to repair your mod folders in case some files get corrupted or removed.

Also do user configs with mods get handled by pw6 or is there some manual setup required for these.
Absolutely, userconfigs, amongst other elements like ACRE or Task Force Radio plugins for TeamSpeak3 will be handled for you.

I hope that addresses your questions, feel free to ask any others, or if you have any feedback, bug reports or other support requests..

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Hello,

I never used six-updater in the past so I'm not quite sure with something on withSix.

In regards to the mod management and auto-updating, I'm not clear on whether or not this features automatic version updates when mods do update? Or will I still have to download the new versions manually?

Thanks in advance

Hey!

Welcome to the party!

When mods are updated, you will be presented with the options to Update with a single click, either individual mods, or all mods in your collection.

There is also a dynamic 'Updates' collection appearing at the top, that will include all updates available to all mods you have installed, for the currently active game.

In contrast, you can also 'lock' mods to specific desired version, or to always look for the latest most stable release, or to look for the very latest release regardless if it is stable, beta, alpha or whatsoever :)

I hope that addresses your question, if anything else pops up - we're here to help!

Edited by Sickboy

ahhh great work man, i noticed that you said that A3MP will give us compatability with the other A2 islands.. however its in my collection but i cannot see the extra 100 islands :(

ahhh great work man, i noticed that you said that A3MP will give us compatability with the other A2 islands.. however its in my collection but i cannot see the extra 100 islands :(

So you are on PwS 1.13 beta?

oh i just clicked check for updates... its now downloading! it normally does this automatically lol sorry false alarm dude

Can you please improve the ads on the site? Right now it looks as bad as one of those 'free download host' sites with the million of DOWNLOAD HERE banners around full of malware. Plus I've had ads take over the entire PWS browser and spit out popups. I understand why you need them but jeez can we go with something a bit less shady

Enjoy

Great!! Welcome to the party, friend! :)

Great to be aboard finally! no doubt ill have some feedback and mind blowing questions as i use it more :D

Will there ever be a premium/supporters version available without ads and stuff that connects to the internet unless I want it to? Or will BIS buy your software at some point and integrate it into their games?

Maybe a bit of a blunt question, but I ask it anyway :)