Sign in to follow this  
fusion13

[WIP] Standalone language similar to SQF

Hellllllloooooooo ALLLLLLLL

I am currently working on a STANDALONE programming language just like SQF.

What I basically want to do with this post is get your guys opinions, It is not done yet, I assume to finish is within this month or the 1st week into Feb.

I really would like to hear everyone's voice about this!

This Language will allow you all who are used to the SQF language use my things to make actual programs :D I got this after I realised that a lot of you only know .sqf :P

I am making this for a window platform (sorry any macs IF there are any gotta keep an open mind :P)

If anyone knows any C# please get a hold of me, You may be helpful! <3

But as I said just lemme know every ones opinion!

:dancehead:

Yours Truly,

Fusion

:dancehead:

Looks good, maybe you could get a full JIT python-like interpreter going to expand the usage of SQF (no matter how horrible it really is, it's still easy as heck to learn and use).

Anyways, use C or C++ instead of C#, you won't have to worry about the headaches of .NET and a JIT-compiled language (yes, running one JIT-compiled language on top of another JIT-compiled is a horrible idea for performance). Plus you can fine-tune memory consumption and the likes... Why would you even consider using C# or Java for something like this? :P

I was reading up on it, and People said that C# (for noobs) is best I don't actually know to much about that, but I will def look into C or C++ but I got so far on C# haha, I literally have the CodeGen and GUI to finish, haha

Will this be something like what jQuery does? A programming library/wrapper? I know PHP and js/jQuery, would have to dive into cSharp.